Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Apex Legends

To be fair it's quite an enjoyable game. 

The loot boxes (at this stage) are pretty much all cosmetic (skins, weapon skins, banners etc) which is the same as fortnite. EA are just trying to get in on the battle royale scene which was always to be expected.

For me though, having an enjoyable game I'll play with mates and probably put 20+ hours in for absolutely free of charge is a win.

I think this really is a game you should play before spewing out the usual "we are being ripped off" rhetoric

It's actually pretty good, enjoying it, couple of wins already probably helped with that. I'm thinking about spending £15 on it just to support the developer in what they've done. Plus from the looks of things you can get everything with in game currency without a loot box nor a microtransaction. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Ive had my first go on it and only a couple of hours later I'm really getting the hang of it. Feels really smooth. Normally you play a free game then countless updates come out to iron out kinks but this just feels like its the finished article from the get go.

It seems overwhelming to begin with (what with all the abilities etc) but since you can only play as a trio you soon pick up on each ability after watching your team mates as well as your own character (you cant choose the same character)

Its easy to pick up skins and banners etc so the need for loot boxes to get better is non existent. If somebody wants to spend money they can but you certainly don't gain an advantage. Much the same as fortnite.

I can certainly see this game doing really well

Just to clarify this game is published by EA but the actual game was made by Respawn. The people who made Titanfall and the original Call of Duty's back when they were called Infinity Ward. I don't think it's the same as Star Wars Battlefront for example where it was made by EA and was more of a pay to win model. This seems to be mainly cosmetics. 

The shooting does feel smooth and quite cod like. It's pretty good for a free game and I much prefer it to Fortnite. 

• Like 1

It's easy to be cynical - a free-to-play battle royale with loot boxes published by EA - but it is an excellent game. Mechanically it's very solid, the characters and abilities give it a bit more depth and personality than its competitors and the ping system is fantastic. The loot box system is basically identical to something like Overwatch, which was a full price game.

It's already a success and if they keep up a steady stream of character/map releases and add 2/4 man game modes it'll be massive.

Got my first wins tonight. One where I did absolutely naff all and the other I actually contributed with four kills. Got to say it’s a great game, very enjoyable, it’s just a bit crazy the first few goes but once you get the swing of it you’re good to go.

• Like 1

Got my first win last night after so many 2nd and 3rd place finishes. Its a really good game. Not sure if its better than blackout but its good in its own right with the different abilities.

Ive come to the conclusion that lifeline is an absolute must have in every squad. Her abilities are amazing

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive come to the conclusion that lifeline is an absolute must have in every squad. Her abilities are amazing

She's definitely the closest thing there is to a must-pick. If you can call two or three drops in early enough and get good armour for your team you're set.

Had an unbelievable run on this with a couple of friends last night, winning six or seven on the bounce. Was finding the perfect weapons every game and just cruising through, it was bizarre. When everything comes together it really is great fun.

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

She's definitely the closest thing there is to a must-pick. If you can call two or three drops in early enough and get good armour for your team you're set.

Had an unbelievable run on this with a couple of friends last night, winning six or seven on the bounce. Was finding the perfect weapons every game and just cruising through, it was bizarre. When everything comes together it really is great fun.

Hats off that's very impressive. You must be very good and very lucky lol .

Five wins on the board for me I'd have to say the game is essentially run gun and loot until it is no longer feasibly possible to loot and then get a good vantage point as close to the middle as possible and take it from there. Every game I've won we've been waiting for people to come to us.

I agree Lifeline is pretty much essential. I imagine she will get nerfed though. Ledge armour seems to drop out the sky far too often.

Edited by Manwell Pablo