Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Football Shirts 2019/2020

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'd love Hummel or Kappa, somet really retro about them brands. I like the addidas stripes but im not at all arsed

If we had Kappa youd have Andy from Oadby moaning that "those shirts won't fit the average fan ,, were not all athletes !!! 😂😂😂" and tbh I think that makes it even more worth it

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

On 29/12/2019 at 19:19, Fox in the North said:

New York Red Bulls leaked away kit. For our away kit next year, if we could have that with light blue instead, I think that would be a money earner :wub:

054A689C-6C92-4C86-B523-9492AF835AE0.jpeg

This is the 25th anniversary season of MLS, so the league is going to do a few marketing gimmicks to commemorate it.

First off, there's a special 25th anniversary logo--fine, no prob.

There will also be a throwback apparel line from Mitchel & Ness made for the original league franchises. M&N usually come up with good stuff so I think this will actually go down very well whenever it's launched.

The New York Red Bulls were originally the MetroStars, and wore red and black, so the away shirt above gives their fans at least the color scheme they've been wanting back for a while now.

But for (I think) all of the new shirts being released this year, there will be that right-shoulder adidas stripe pattern. Ostensibly, this is meant to evoke the style of the sport when MLS launched (for example. this ubiquitous adidas template from the early 90s). However, this style was in fashion before MLS kicked off in 1996. And I have a feeling that these special edition shirts will wind up just being part of a universal adidas template that rolls out in full this summer.

If the league really wanted to go retro, they would have went much, much bolder with the kit design concepts.

Edited by Jordan

• 4 weeks later...