Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Football Shirts 2019/2020

From the axe murderer's EEG   hudd2.JPG.a6b7c7db8c501de04ace68ebb5bcf0b4.JPG   to the bachelorette's sash.  :revenge:

It used to be hard to get riled about Huddersfield.  Now I'd like to see them stay down, as far down as necessary to spare me seeing professional athletes running around kitted up like gobby chicks about to puke their eighth B-52 shooter of the night.

edit :doh:  ok, I've been had.  They're not really going to play the season in that? ... right?

Edited by KingsX

I don't think it's real. Even if you look at the kit they were wearing last night, the sponsor "sash" looks like a peel-off sticker. Probably some weird ploy, as many have predicted. No idea why Huddersfield would get involved in that. 

Paddy Power do a lot of weird shit, but does it actually encourage anyone to bet with them instead? I don't think I've ever used them apart from a Grand National offer or something.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I don't think it's real. Even if you look at the kit they were wearing last night, the sponsor "sash" looks like a peel-off sticker. Probably some weird ploy, as many have predicted. No idea why Huddersfield would get involved in that. 

Paddy Power do a lot of weird shit, but does it actually encourage anyone to bet with them instead? I don't think I've ever used them apart from a Grand National offer or something.

I would love this to be the point the FA steps in and bollocks all the gambling firms and takes and stand on their advertisement etc 

If anyone wants a laugh, go to the Huddersfield forum and read the 26 pages of arguments about whether it is real or not.

As time has gone on they're all starting to think it is.

Why would they stretch it out this long? Surely last night as they were kicking off would have been a good time to say okay jokes over and rip it off? 

The shirt goes on sale in 2 days. If it is a joke its ended up angering a whole fanbase for the sake of getting them trending for all the wrong reasons. 

Paddy Power have confirmed it was fake. They are officially 'unsponsoring' their shirt. So there is no sponsor on the shirt but they are till their official sponsor if that makes sense!

They are launching the 'saveourshirt' campaign and are encouraging other betting companies to remove their sponsors from shirts.

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Paddy Power have confirmed it was fake. They are officially 'unsponsoring' their shirt. So there is no sponsor on the shirt but they are till their official sponsor if that makes sense!

They are launching the 'saveourshirt' campaign and are encouraging other betting companies to remove their sponsors from shirts.

It seems they are campaigning for shirts without all sponsors on them to be sold to fans 

15 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Imagine all the elite football fans now lol  Probably be praising this after only yesterday absolutely hammering Paddy Power lol 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Imagine all the elite football fans now lol  Probably be praising this after only yesterday absolutely hammering Paddy Power lol 

oh yes the football hipsters will love them for it.

I imagine there are a few fans from a few clubs that would love Paddy Power to sponsor them now!

Am I allowed to think that the shirt is nice, as is the premise of sponsor-free (especially from gambling companies) football shirts in general, while simultaneously a) feeling deeply cynical and depressed about the motives behind this particular kit launch and the way it's been handled, and b) being a bit disgusted with Huddersfield for the way they've allowed themselves to be degraded as a club by this?

It's just, you know, I'd hate for anyone on the internet to think less of me. That really would be too much.

• Like 1