Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James the Fox

All Eliite Wrestling (AEW)

So, have we all recovered from Omega/Danielson yet? 😂 what a match those guys had. Great booking as it made perfect sense to go for a time limit draw where they both just go for each other. Rematch surely will be an Ironman match in a similar style to Bret/Shawn where they go for an hour and one nicks it at the end, felt like we’ve had the appetiser but the rematch will be insane.

Both Dynamite and Rampage were both excellent this week again. Sting/Darby vs FTR I also highly enjoyed, credit to Sting for him just running around like an absolute lunatic for his age - and also FTR deserve a lot of props as they made him look a million dollars. 

Excellent work AEW 👏 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Almost at Full Gear now, looks like another great show is gonna be on the cards. I personally loved the end to Dynamite this week (it divided some people as they don’t like the Bucks and the Ghostbusters comedy element, but I love the total and sheer Heel arrogance to do what they want and not care 😂)  - and man how over is Hangman Page now? 😮 surely he’s going over Omega for the title after the two years(!!!) of build. 

I’m really sensing a Backlash 2000 Triple H/Rock vibe to this match - with the two factions involved I can see it descending into Chaos with a ref bump and Page finally going over in an epic moment. 

Looks like as well even though it’s not announced yet they are also gonna do CM Punk vs. Eddie Kingston on the show as well which should be a stormer, countless others as well. I’m also thinking Moxley will go over Danielson as it makes more sense to give Page a first title defence against someone who can help elevate him further, Danielson then probably returning to the Omega feud, which in itself is going to be something after that 30 minute draw.

Dare I say it - looking around the wrestling twitter world Im also firmly believing now Windham Rotunda aka Bray Wyatt will probably debut on the show as well, lots of little hints being dropped from people like Matt Hardy and they love a debut on a PPV.

How you guys enjoying it? Know there’s a few of us AEW marks on here 😂 

• 2 weeks later...

Who watching Full Gear tonight? The card looks brilliant and I can't wait for it. I'm hoping to see Hangman win the title tonight. Hoping to see Tay Conti win the women's title tonight aswell but can see them letting Britt hold on to the title a little while longer. Punk vs Kingston should be absolutely amazing match. Will be interesting to see if we get any surprises tonight too.

Edited by sharpylcfc

I’m late to the party on this one, but talking Full Gear I thoroughly enjoyed it, well done to AEW again 👏 

I’ll say that most matches were **** star plus encounters, but I’ll pick out a few thoughts for some.

MJF and Darby opened the show with an utterly fantastic match, it’s great to see some intelligent booking again that makes MJF looks an evil genius and really helps build him. 

The six man Tag Team Street Fight with the Super Elite/Jurassic Express & Christian I utterly loved, some could say it was overbooked but it felt an utter war to me where they both just went nuts, the spots were great and the result was right for Jungle Boys growth in the same way to MJF previously.

Punk and Kingston was fantastic, such a change of pace to everything else we’d seen, they just beat the piss out of each other. I’d hoped they might use a rare DQ win here - for Punk - due to Kingston getting himself disqualified from his violence towards him, then we could have had a rematch as well for what was hot stuff. I felt that would have protected Eddie more as well who is without a doubt one of the most over guys on the roster now, hell he was getting Punk booed in the promos 😮 

The only match I really didn’t like was the Inner Circle one, it wasn’t that it was bad (and if it was on WWE TV it would have been awesome) but it felt it was too similar to other stuff and actually it wasn’t needed, still enjoyable of course but it’s a little pick against what was a great show.

The main event was perfect. We all knew Hangman had to go over but what a match they had as well, Omega deserves a lot of credit for being very limited with his shoulders going into it as well, they had the perfect balance of wrestling ability and storytelling. What a pay off.

its gonna be interesting now it’s Danielson/Hangman for the title at Winter is Coming (a guess but makes sense for AEWs booking) I think Hangman will retain somehow as I think the next champion will be MJF somewhere down the line, it’s a close one though as Danielson is a name that would draw attention with a win, going to be some good TV

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

MJF & Darby is a modern classic, was all down hill from there unfortunately, Punk and Kingston was really good though 

I agree, the first match was always going to be impossible to follow. 

What I liked about the PPV was that it had everything. 

It had the technically good matches with solid storytelling like MJF/Darby, Punk/Kingston and Hangman/Omega but it also had the fast paced spot filled matches like Jungle express/Super clique and the Tag match. It even had the ludicrous type of match in the Inner circle. 

All round enjoyable PPV. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Really looking forward to it. I wish they did a bit more in terms of interaction and fan events during the week but it should be a good show.

I cant wait to see the icon that is Sting. Fozzy singing Judas live with 80K+ fans should be good too.

Just hope the weather holds up as we're floor seating

On 26/08/2023 at 23:53, HybridFox said:

Really looking forward to it. I wish they did a bit more in terms of interaction and fan events during the week but it should be a good show.

I cant wait to see the icon that is Sting. Fozzy singing Judas live with 80K+ fans should be good too.

Just hope the weather holds up as we're floor seating

How was it? Not that fussed about Wrestling these days but reading about this brought back memories of going to Summerslam at Wembley in the early 90's. 

On 28/08/2023 at 19:36, Chelmofox said:

How was it? Not that fussed about Wrestling these days but reading about this brought back memories of going to Summerslam at Wembley in the early 90's. 

Really enjoyed it. I have to be honest I don't watch much of AEW (or WWE for that matter nowadays). I've loosely followed things on social media but not as mad as I used to be growing up. 

But I thought it was a great experience. I'd been to a few WWE tours before but never for a televised show so for the first one to be a packed out stadium was quite something. The atmosphere was brilliant and a lot of banter/football-esque chants as expected from British fans. 

Chris Jericho's entrance with his band and everyone singing along to Judas was one of the highlights.

The one mistake I made though is my friends really wanted floor seating to be closer to the ring. But when everyone stands up it can be hard to see at times when they're on the mat and you end up watching the screen. Would definitely go for tiered in future. 

But AEW have announced a return show next year. I imagine WWE will be watching closely and counter with more big events here. Exciting times for wrestling in the UK!

• Like 2