Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Rafa Leaves Newcastle

Guest MattP
8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Will be interesting to see how many get behind this. 

Barely any - like so many they are addicted to going football on a Saturday.

I don't like Ashley but Newcastle fans do come across as an entitled bunch, Benitez deserves some blame as well if he was seriously asking for 12million a year. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Barely any - like so many they are addicted to going football on a Saturday.

I don't like Ashley but Newcastle fans do come across as an entitled bunch, Benitez deserves some blame as well if he was seriously asking for 12million a year. 

I dunno about the entitled bit but 12 million is a lot of cash to ask for but I suppose he’s delivered for them the past 3 seasons and as a high profile manager has a market value... I’m guessing he’d rather leave with the seemingly moral high ground and not having to work another miracle with the £60 million transfer budget on offer and more sign of Ashley actually selling the players from under him rather than the club itself. He’s finished 10th and 13th the last couple of seasons after getting them back up following the Shearer debacle, if you want more of that then I guess you have to pay for it. Let’s see what Gary Monk can do comparatively...

On 24/06/2019 at 13:04, Ric Flair said:

Absolute bargain last summer at £3.5m, was the signing of the summer for the price along with Evans.

I would love us to go and get Ayoze Perez, even if it just stops him scoring every season against us.

On 24/06/2019 at 13:01, Ric Flair said:

Ayoze Perez please, make it snappy. Ashley will cash in.

Thanks then....

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Whilst Ashley is getting ready to count the cash, offer another 20mn for Lascelles?

Nah, no need. Not a place we eneed to improve on right now with Benkovic most likely to play more this season alongside Maguire/Evans.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Nah, no need. Not a place we eneed to improve on right now with Benkovic most likely to play more this season alongside Maguire/Evans.

Agreed. I was being greedy there.

Newcastle absolutely ripe to be asset stripped right now. Such a sorry state of affairs.

If we really are giving £30mn cash for Perez (and I have my doubts on that as an upfront figure), the new manager isn't getting it, is he? That's Ashley's beer money for a bit.