Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

how has anyone who’s ever watched a game of footy before re-watched that and decided it’s a red card. unreal. 

it’s the clear and obvious error thing isn’t, and there’s contact.

I mean I dunno how you can hold  him accountable for practically being kicked in the head, but there we are, I guess he shouldn’t of been out there in the first place.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

it’s the clear and obvious error thing isn’t, and there’s contact.

I mean I dunno how you can hold  him accountable for practically being kicked in the head, but there we are, I guess he shouldn’t of been out there in the first place.

it’s clearly and obviously a dive. the contact was because their striker kicked him hahaha 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Wtf seven. Ten at least. 

moaned about this loads since VAR and the world cup. why can we not just have the right about of added time? it was at least 6 just for that fu cking mess there. so we are having one more minute for the rest of the half? just fu cking add the time on its not hard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

it’s clearly and obviously a dive. the contact was because their striker kicked him hahaha 

Yeah but same old same old isn’t it, you see contact they they don’t over rule, tonight, Mane Albrighton, Delafou at the weekend. Someone touches you your allowed to hit the deck.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah but same old same old isn’t it, you see contact they they don’t over rule, tonight, Mane Albrighton, Delafou at the weekend. Someone touches you your allowed to hit the deck.

i dunno, the idea that “there’s contact” but it’s not a foul but they don’t overturn it is ridiculous but at least i can see where the idea comes from. 

you can’t say “there’s been contact” when it’s purely contact from the striker to the defender 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

i dunno, the idea that “there’s contact” but it’s not a foul but they don’t overturn it is ridiculous but at least i can see where the idea comes from. 

you can’t say “there’s been contact” when it’s purely contact from the striker to the defender 

Oh I don’t agree with it.

it just seems to be the way it is. It’s consistent at least I guess, but  it’s practically leaving the decision to the ref unless someone throws themselves to the floor. Not how I envisaged the tech being used. Players are a bit more clever than just throwing a Tom daley these days.

30 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

in their defence, to do research , properly, on all the games they commentate on, would be a big time investment. I’d imagine these two will be doing two, possibly three games midweek.

To make a proper assessment on a team I’d like to see four a few full games, your not going to get a lot from a few little bits of footage.

Not to say getting on at Atlanta was warranted, there seems to be a lot of snobbery with British commentators in a number of sports.

I agree with what you say and that it would be hard work, But the size of the company they work for; someone coukd quite easily make notes for them. They have European football 'experts' who could do the same. 

It felt just snobbish and poor of them to have made no attempt to see what Atalanta are about rather than make the throw away comment of them being poor. 

29 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t think so, when someone comes rushing out at that speed and diving in, how is he meant to get out the way and stay on his feet? 

well i mean he literally managed all of that perfectly until he kicked bravo with his trailing leg and launched himself to the ground. 

• Like 1

Seen the highlights of the Man City game, what is bravo doing? lol But don't think there's a touch and looks a dive. 

But, Fletcher and McManaman again played down any Atalanta move. The goal for instance was 'simple', if this was Liverpool it would be 'sublime'. I genuinely cannot stand how bad Fletcher and McManaman are at times 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seen the highlights of the Man City game, what is bravo doing? lol But don't think there's a touch and looks a dive. 

But, Fletcher and McManaman again played down any Atalanta move. The goal for instance was 'simple', if this was Liverpool it would be 'sublime'. I genuinely cannot stand how bad Fletcher and McManaman are at times 

Playing for Man Utd or Liverpool not only gets you a place in your countries national side but also it seems a nice little job as a pundit once your career is over, however terrible you are.

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Playing for Man Utd or Liverpool not only gets you a place in your countries national side but also it seems a nice little job as a pundit once your career is over, however terrible you are.

Tbf Ferdinand is both an analyst/commentators whose opinion I quite value. Ferdinand wasn't afraid to rip apart his United side and how SAF made a mistake tactically. 

McManaman seems to be only able to commentate Liverpool games and do so with an incredible bias.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf Ferdinand is both an analyst/commentators whose opinion I quite value. Ferdinand wasn't afraid to rip apart his United side and how SAF made a mistake tactically. 

McManaman seems to be only able to commentate Liverpool games and do so with an incredible bias.

Ferdinand is great, I actually also like Roy Keane 🙈 but it’s an awful long list of ex Liverpool players who make terrible pundits with completely biased opinions, and they’ll  become increasingly unbearable as the season moves on with Liverpool at the top.

Lawro’s great though 😊

• Like 1

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ferdinand is great, I actually also like Roy Keane 🙈 but it’s an awful long list of ex Liverpool players who make terrible pundits with completely biased opinions, and they’ll  become increasingly unbearable as the season moves on with Liverpool at the top.

Lawro’s great though 😊

Keane is brilliant, he fully does not give a shit and says what he thinks, but not in a way where he's a dickhead like with Savage. 

Carra and Neville have a great dynamic where the other doesn't let them get too ahead of themself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...