Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mike Skeates: Mertens is only looking at Van Dijk there. No eyes on the ball. Definite foul and a shocking decision.

Paul Walmsley: Abysmal decision. Foul on VVD all day long. Clear as day.

From another forum I'm on...

I dont give a **** about the Champions League this season, I want us to win the league. If it was me I'd take off all our main players off  right now because this game has a feeling of being cursed for us. I dont want to lose anymore players to injury in a game that we dont even need to win.

lol

Just now, AKCJ said:

You get the feeling that Klopp is actually a really nasty bloke to be around when its not going his way.

Just comes across as a very vile person?

Similar to Mourinho. The novelty at the start when coming to the UK. Something different. 'Passion'. Emotion. They come with a tag, A label.

Then when that wears off, the true colours are shown and they have nothing to hide behind.

• Like 1

That is ****ing disgusting. I'm incensed. 

Time after time players go down blatantly diving and don't get booked. 

Messi falls over, gets straight up waving his finger at the ref to say it wasn't a foul and gets done for simulation. 

Worlds gone mad. I ****ing give up. 

As someone that's hyper, hyper, hyper competitive, an absolutely terrible loser, a completely blinkered, biased twat in the heat of the moment - I find accusations that Klopp's "true colours" come out when they're losing to be absurd. 

He's just involved. If you don't like that, that's fine, it's purely opinion and you're welcome to yours. If he annoys you and you don't like him, great, no worries. 

But the idea that he's a nasty person because he gets aggressive and wound up in one of the most high pressure competitive environments anywhere in world sport? Behave yourselves. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As someone that's hyper, hyper, hyper competitive, an absolutely terrible loser, a completely blinkered, biased twat in the heat of the moment - I find accusations that Klopp's "true colours" come out when they're losing to be absurd. 

He's just involved. If you don't like that, that's fine, it's purely opinion and you're welcome to yours. If he annoys you and you don't like him, great, no worries. 

But the idea that he's a nasty person because he gets aggressive and wound up in one of the most high pressure competitive environments anywhere in world sport? Behave yourselves. 

He takes it to the next level and often gets away with it. 

Other managers seem to get a worse reputation for doing less. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He takes it to the next level and often gets away with it. 

Other managers seem to get a worse reputation for doing less. 

There's an obvious element of Liverpool media bias in that but I think that's still largely because most people accept that being emotional under stress is pretty normal. 

The idea that Klopp is anything other than a very sociable, decent human being is a bit strange to me. He's a **** when he engages his Matchday Mode yeah, won't argue with that, I just think your assertion that he's a "vile person" and that his "true colours" is screaming on the touchline is ridiculous. 

I find him extremely relatable as a person, tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's an obvious element of Liverpool media bias in that but I think that's still largely because most people accept that being emotional under stress is pretty normal. 

The idea that Klopp is anything other than a very sociable, decent human being is a bit strange to me. He's a **** when he engages his Matchday Mode yeah, won't argue with that, I just think your assertion that he's a "vile person" and that his "true colours" is screaming on the touchline is ridiculous. 

I find him extremely relatable as a person, tbh. 

You don’t recall his completely unjustified verbal assassination of Hamza Choudhury then...

I personally find him pretty obnoxious.

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't like the fact that he routinely screams in the faces of officials and stands over them. Ultra aggressive and absolutely not 'on'. Putting it down to passion is wrong, he's being a twat.

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

You don’t recall his completely unjustified verbal assassination of Hamza Choudhury then...

I personally find him pretty obnoxious.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't like the fact that he routinely screams in the faces of officials and stands over them. Ultra aggressive and absolutely not 'on'. Putting it down to passion is wrong, he's being a twat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing any of his behaviour during or immediately after a game. 

What I'm saying is that claiming that's "who he is" at the most pure level is daft. 

If the only time you ever met me was playing a casual game of five a side with some work colleagues you'd think I was a massive bellend and that's in a completely amateur environment with absolutely zero pressure or expectation. 

He's obviously an emotionally turbulent person and a somewhat toxic competitor but I'm sure there's much, much more to being Jurgen Klopp than him screaming at refs in the heat of the moment. 

PS, lovely hit from Sancho. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing any of his behaviour during or immediately after a game. 

What I'm saying is that claiming that's "who he is" at the most pure level is daft. 

If the only time you ever met me was playing a casual game of five a side with some work colleagues you'd think I was a massive bellend and that's in a completely amateur environment with absolutely zero pressure or expectation. 

He's obviously an emotionally turbulent person and a somewhat toxic competitor but I'm sure there's much, much more to being Jurgen Klopp than him screaming at refs in the heat of the moment. 

PS, lovely hit from Sancho. 

To be fair my post said "You get the feeling that Klopp is actually a really nasty bloke to be around when its not going his way.". I have no doubt that he's a more than decent bloke when he's at home/away from football.

But **** me the bloke's a complete arse during football matches and that needs to be said because the media constantly put it down to passion or competitiveness and just laugh it off.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

To be fair my post said "You get the feeling that Klopp is actually a really nasty bloke to be around when its not going his way.". I have no doubt that he's a more than decent bloke when he's at home/away from football.

But **** me the bloke's a complete arse during football matches and that needs to be said because the media constantly put it down to passion or competitiveness and just laugh it off.

I actually completely agreed with your "nasty person to be around when losing" comment and was going to post to agree until I saw comments by Stan and Hammo that I thought were a bit silly.