Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

Just now, Finnegan said:

Wtf is going on in Chelsea. Two reds? 

Neither should stand because should be offside before Blind foul is that right? I've not seen, just reading loads of random comments. 

What was Veltman sent off for? Protesting? 

Blind rightly off, was a second yellow, Peno debatable, harsh handball so another who was already on a yellow got sent off too... 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

WTF Ajax.

I don't think anyone can complain about either red card? 

which goal you on about?

The Blind sending off is fine, the other one I'm unsure on. It takes a decent deflection before hitting his arm in the natural silhouette. Harsh booking, unless he's said something?

Just now, Lionator said:

Given the deflection, there is literally nothing else the defender could've done. He didn't move his hand towards the ball.

I've not seen a replay (only watching Goals show). Looked like he just blocked it with his arm so haven't seen different angles of a deflection.

Blind lunges in when he's already on a yellow, can't have any complaints.  Ref played on though and the move results in a shot hitting Veltman's arm which was down by his side.  VAR gives a pen and his 2nd yellow card.  Really harsh imo, especially given UEFA's supposed 'silhouette' rule.  Ajax robbed here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Surely if the ref is going to send Blind off then he has to stop the game? 

I didn't think you could play advantage got a red card even if its a second yellow? Where's @DB11 when you need him. 

You can, it is what happened with us against Southampton, similar... foul committed but in a good position so play continues, once finished go back to the incident and deal with it