Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's an obvious element of Liverpool media bias in that but I think that's still largely because most people accept that being emotional under stress is pretty normal. 

The idea that Klopp is anything other than a very sociable, decent human being is a bit strange to me. He's a **** when he engages his Matchday Mode yeah, won't argue with that, I just think your assertion that he's a "vile person" and that his "true colours" is screaming on the touchline is ridiculous. 

I find him extremely relatable as a person, tbh. 

Vile person was probably a bit far.

The true colours thing was in line with the 'nasty when he's losing' vibe.

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I actually completely agreed with your "nasty person to be around when losing" comment and was going to post to agree until I saw comments by Stan and Hammo that I thought were a bit silly. 

It’s a bit ‘silly’ of me to judge as I see, is it?

I’ve never seen Klopp anywhere other than at a football ground.

I go on the evidence before me and the guy comes over as a mixture of a buffoon and a tw@.

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Like most things Ranieri said I lapped it up at the time but find almost everything really gimmicky and tired now

Hmm. 

The language itself is very cliché but I think the philosophy behind it is prudent. Essentially it's the same thing Rodgers says when asked about targets, ie, we just focus and plan for the next game. 

That might not be groundbreaking but it's wise. 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Please tell me he was at least booked for this? No way is that "contact" to make him go down. 

About as much contact as when Albrighton touched him. Would absolutely love retrospective bans. It's no less cheating than a deliberate handball.

• 2 weeks later...

ELWQZ7DWkAASpY3?format=jpg&name=900x900

Lump on Inter tomorrow evening.

I think they'd beat Barca anyway but they have to win (or match Dortmund's result against Prague) in order to qualify. Barca are already guaranteed first spot.

No Messi, Pique, Sergi Roberto, Alba (injured for most of this season anyway I think), Semedo. 

Valverde has already said Neto will be in goal.

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

Really like the look of a lot of Salzburg players.

Not sure if I want a Liverpool win here to keep in the competition as long as possible or a demoralising defeat.

defeat won't be that demoralising. Prefer them to go through. They'll face tougher tests later in the season in the competition. Plus if they go through to the Europa League you can expect them to play more of their reserves. Less chance of that in CL.

As for Salzburg's players - Minamino, Junuzovic and obviously Haaland are their stand-outs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

defeat won't be that demoralising. Prefer them to go through. They'll face tougher tests later in the season in the competition. Plus if they go through to the Europa League you can expect them to play more of their reserves. Less chance of that in CL.

As for Salzburg's players - Minamino, Junuzovic and obviously Haaland are their stand-outs.

On balance I think you're right, but i believe showing teams they're not invincible after all would have a fair bit of impact.

Add Hwang to that list, and I've been impressed with Mwepu and Onguene on tonight's showing too.