Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Maguire's Replacement - If needed?

Maguire's Replacement  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Dunk
    • Tarkowski
    • Ake
    • Ajer (Celtic)
    • Kabasele (Watford)
    • Dakonam (Getafe)
    • Other
    • We don't need one.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

... and if they're not? 

We get our pants pulled down for £50 million, in winter. But come on, how much better are Tarkowski/Aké going to be than Soyuncu/Benkovic? Is it really worth it to spend essentially £80 million (because we're throwing away the investments of Soyuncu and Benkovic if we don't give them the space to develop) for let's say a 30% improvement on starting position, when one of the two options we already own could potentially come in and grow into the role to the point where we don't need a Maguire replacement?

ss

Starting the season with 4 CB's is a tad scary, an injury to Evans means we start with either two inexperienced lads or use a 35 year old Morgan.

I guess it all comes down to Brendan's confidence level with the young guys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

ss

Starting the season with 4 CB's is a tad scary, an injury to Evans means we start with either two inexperienced lads or use a 35 year old Morgan.

I guess it all comes down to Brendan's confidence level with the young guys.

Amartey?

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Current CB options: Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic and Morgan. I think we do need one more, though I think we could be smarter than going after a permanent replacement this summer - we'll only get ripped off because everyone knows we're loaded and looking for a replacement CB. Perhaps we should bring in a decent CB on loan like we did with Dragovic then seek a young CB next summer? Or promote a youth player?

I wondered about a potential loan. Arsenal have been linked with Rugani on loan and he'd fit the bill I reckon. 

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'd love us to sign Tarkowski, not because I particularly rate him but just to piss off them mouth breathers from Burnley and that gravel throat **** Dyche. We could also rest assured that they'd spunk the money on some championship shite and probably end up getting relegated hopefully.

Ps. I dont like Burnley very much

Ok, Ake and Tarkowski are non starters - so either shop in the continent or stick with the two "replacements" we bought last Summer.

Its all good :scarf:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere, but what is Dragovic doing these days? Knows the club and would be a great pairing with Evans.

I said this, but it didn't go down well! I liked him, he worked well for us I thought. Even another loan deal would be great, just to give Lord F and Benko a year to settle in. Get his buddy Fuchs on the phone to try and undo some of the damage that Claude did with him... 

If we have our heart set on a defender, we should be going all out for Jonathan Tah. Not saying he would come but for a reported £22m release clause on a 23 year old German international.... We should be having the conversation with him. 

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If we have our heart set on a defender, we should be going all out for Jonathan Tah. Not saying he would come but for a reported £22m release clause on a 23 year old German international.... We should be having the conversation with him. 

Would be nice, but doubt Tah would come, would Kevin Vogt?

• Like 1