Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Man Utd 1-0 Leicester - Vote Now

Man Utd 1-0 Leicester

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.3

Total Average Rating

104 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Jonny Evans 6.4
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Demarai Gray 3.6
  4. Manager Confidence 90% -7%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 14/09/19
Voting Ends: 19/09/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Demarai Gray
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. Hamza Choudhury
  10. James Maddison
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Harvey Barnes (sub)
  13. Ayoze Pérez (sub)

Just now, NaijaFox said:

What did Schmeichel do to earn a 6? Barely saw any action.

Meanwhile Tielemans had another largely anonymous game. 

I'm not going to give Kasper a below average rating when he was neither good or bad.

Tielemans was our only positive outfield player in that second half.

Evans MOTM 8

Kasper, Maddison, Vardy & Choudhury 7

Ndidi, Soyuncu 6

Tielemans 5

Chilwell, Periera 3 (worst games for us in ages.

Gray 1 absolutely awful and should never get another chance.

Subs Barnes & Perez 6

Rodgers has to learn from his first big mistake that this defensive set up stifles our best players Vardy & Maddison...

Referee was absolutely awful as well, gave them everything and stopped play too many times, too lenient towards United with bad fouls & time wasting.

I really don't get the good marks for Tielemans. I've been so disappointed in all his performances so far and inparticular during the first halves. Today he was almost non-existent, he looks a little overweight or unfit to me. Carrying a little too much weight and he has been so slow physically and a little slow mentally, too often having to pass backwards.

For me the word to sum our team up today was lethargic. We were slow physically and we have a couple of players who are too slow mentally.

My run down on the players today, just my opinion, is this:

Kasper - had hardly anything to do and whathe had to do he did okay. 6.5

Ricardo - his worst ever game for us, he was skinned so many times by several different players - 4

Evans - good game, in control, calm and collected - 7.5

Soyuncu - gave the penalty away but after that was still one of our top four players - 6

Chilwell - the game passed him by and he did more arm waving than Islam Slimani, not found his rhythm this season yet - 4.5

N'Didi - totally lost in the first half, he is an incredible defensive player but does he really fit our team? His problem is that he needs time to reflect when receiving the ball, every time he gets a pass I hold my breath expecting him to lose the ball or give it away - 5.5

Choudhury - frustrated to be playing quick passes with N'didi and Chilwell who have no idea. He wasn't needed alongside N'didi today. I'd rather play him and sacrifice a little defensively as he is a fast thinker with good control and reflexes - others wouldn't and I understand that. -6 

Tielemans - he's a ghost, too slow for our game so far this season - 3.5

Maddison - our standout player, looks dangerous everytime he gets the ball and he works defensively, needs shooting practice. -7.5

Gray - he is mentally slow, despite what some say he played better than a number of players today but he needs to not have to think to become a good enough player for top 6 prem - 5.5

Vardy - non-existent, this should have been a Vardyfest game but he wasn't fast enough today and his manager and teammates let him down - 5

Subs Perez tried, Barnes passed backwards instead of running at their defence

Rodgers - today he picked the wrong team and he didn't prepare his players well for the match.

Man utd were poor, they are a poor team who won't finish in the top six. They were there for the taking AND WE LOST TO THEM. 3 points dropped to go with the 2 points dropped against Chelsea not counter balanced by the 1 point gained against a Wolves team who deserved to beat us.

Very disappointing performance today and I'll be depressed all week now!

What a fantastic opportunity thrown away. Dreadful team set up again and BR still hasn't learnt the lessons from the Wolves game. We went there negatively, respecting the worst Man Utd team, ever, in the P/L instead of going there with a highly positive winning attitude and stamping our authority on the game. Far too many off their game today and I felt so sorry for Vardy. No supply and the one time he beat their defender and put in a dangerous cross there was not one LCFC player in the box. 

Kasper -6- Did nothing wrong. Decent free kick save (which should be saved). Apart from that nothing much to do.

Ricardo -4- Worst game I've seen him play. Poor runs and looked frightened of James. Defensively shaky. 

Evans -8- Absolute rock. MOTM. Great game from him and best player on the pitch by a mile.

Soyuncu -6- Got better as the match went on. Silly penalty to give away and not the first time he's been rash.

Chilwell -5- Poor match. Terrible crosses and distribution and shaky defensively. 

Ndidi -7- Tried so hard. Broke up a lot of play. I thought he had a decent game.

Maddison -6- What was he doing on the left wing? At least he tried hard, but nothing worked trying to set up Vardy. Falls over too much.

Choudhury -5- It's either he or Ndidi in the team. Both seem to get in each others way.

Tielemans -5- Very slow and nowhere near the player of last season. Should have been subbed off.

Gray -4- Very poor. Any decent run ends with terrible decision making. 

Vardy -5- Poor team set up and terrible supply to him kept him out of the game. A game he could have easily been outstanding for him.

Barnes -5- Tried hard in him cameo, but no threat at all.

Perez -5- Like Barnes, no impact. Still think he looks confused as to his role in the team.

Man Utd -4- Poor team and there for the taking. Lucky if they finish in the top 8. Offered very little and apart from a silly penalty and a couple of free kicks they were devoid of creative play. Our team set up gifted the match to them.

Officials -4- All Man Utd had to do was fall over and he gave them a free kick. Far too many fussy decisions.

Now onto the horrible Spuds. If we win next week all will be forgiven by me for this set up and display. But if BR goes like this again we'll be in for another very tough day. 

• Like 1