Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wrong code but just reading the news and see that Wolfpack won the £1M Game. Glancing through their squad, not one single player is Canadian. Literally not even like one twenty year old on the bench or anything. 

Stupid AF. 

The flipside is that it might inspire a new generation of Canadian players. I'd probably compare the scenario to the Belfast Giants ice hockey team. In 2000 when the team were founded, we didnt have a single British player but the numbers of homegrown players  (UK) have increased over time.

yeah i meant the players haha 

tbf every game game they had in the championship there were pretty much always some away fans there. and the championship has got hell holes like leigh or widnes in it. 

I like South Africa's tbh but no national anthem sounds good when all you can hear is  bit of a brass band in the distance, two blokes in the crowd and a line of massive tone deaf blokes screaming the words as loud as they can. 

Even ours has sounded a bit pants this world cup and that's without doubt the best in the sport bar none legit no bias. 

Is there an official source or are the tabloids just picking up on rumours from earlier? Because so far today its been definitely off, definitely on and definitely moving. 

They have said that logistically it can't really be moved because of the safety concerns of getting people, equipment, fans, etc to the opposite side of the country but that seems a bit daft. 

The Japanese are pretty much masters of logistics. 

Tbh, the England game isn't so much the problem it's the Japan Scotland group decider. As much as I want Japan to go through, it'll be controversial as **** if they go through because of weather at their own tournament. 

The Scotch will go apeshit. 

Guest MattP
Just now, Finnegan said:

Major tropical storm heading to the area. 

Ah.

Surely they have a contigency plan to move the game elsewhere in the event of this?

Can't just postpone games, I mean maybe you could just about get away with it in a complete dead rubber, but you can't abandon games that still have impacts on qualification and the route to the final. 

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Ah.

Surely they have a contigency plan to move the game elsewhere in the event of this?

Can't just postpone games, I mean maybe you could just about get away with it in a complete dead rubber, but you can't abandon games that still have impacts on qualification and the route to the final. 

France and England are going to go through regardless and I think at heart the French would admit they're not going to beat England so it's not so shocking. 

The Japan Scotland game would be though. 

It is unbelievable that they're holding a Rugby World Cup in Japan in typhoon season and nobody's made a contingency plan though. I mean that's utterly appalling of world rugby. 

What happens if it was a knock out game? I mean that's basically what the Scotland game is.