Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

One of the main differences is you can hear the deliberations in rugby. The system is far better...and the crowd are informed throughout. 

yeah but that's what i'm saying, it would be even more of a farce if we were watching the ref talk to the VAR room whilst seeing replays on a screen and nobody could agree on the decision. it just wouldn't work. 

we watch 50 replays for the whole of the 15 minute half time and we still don't agree on pretty much any decision. imagine showing 30k people what could be a penalty if you're biased, but then saying it's not a penalty even though one of the 4 VAR refs said he would give a penalty. imagine the players on either side watching and listening to that. imagine the managers who go ape shit at the fourth officials when a throw in is given the wrong way on the half way line. 

it would make what it already a stupid idea possibly the most bat shit crazy part of any sport in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

It does make you wonder how / why Youngs is always an automatic pick. His box-kicking is often poor....and I say this as a Tigers fan.

Because Eddie Jones supposedly regards him as a dependable and reliable option.

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah but that's what i'm saying, it would be even more of a farce if we were watching the ref talk to the VAR room whilst seeing replays on a screen and nobody could agree on the decision. it just wouldn't work. 

If the decision is clearly that marginal as it was with Son the other week, it should be ruled inconclusive. In such cases where it is equivocal, it should be immediately thrown out. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

If the decision is clearly that marginal as it was with Son the other week, it should be ruled inconclusive. In such cases where it is equivocal, it should be immediately thrown out. 

yeah that's all well and good, but you want to show that replay on the big screen, draw the lines up that show son is offside and then get the ref to say on the surround sound system "the lines show he's offside but it's inconclusive for me cos he is very nearly onside, so i'm just gonna give a goal anyway"? 

there'd be a fu cking riot 

13 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah that's all well and good, but you want to show that replay on the big screen, draw the lines up that show son is offside and then get the ref to say on the surround sound system "the lines show he's offside but it's inconclusive for me cos he is very nearly onside, so i'm just gonna give a goal anyway"? 

there'd be a fu cking riot 

Given the IQ of the average football fan very possibly.

The ref would say nothing of the sort. Simply declare the VAR as inconclusive and the original decision from the onfield officials stands. A time limit also would be desirable. Far from a riot, given some of these protracted decisions, there would be mass relief. 

Can we have a Japanese gong just before half time too?

@PaddyThat's why he picks Youngs - sharpness out of the ruck or maul. 

Edited by Line-X

23 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Very poor. However, should he not have gone for a HIA after getting smashed by Lavanini?

He really should. 

How can you send someone off for shoulder tackling someone's head but then not make that player get checked? 

Bit silly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He really should. 

How can you send someone off for shoulder tackling someone's head but then not make that player get checked? 

Bit silly. 

Exactly. Very unlike Owens who is an absolutely superb referee.

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Thanks to that bonus point, the Japanese can afford to lose against Scotland (if Scotland get the assumed BP win against Russia) as long as the margin is less than seven points and they don't ship four tries, am I right?

Correct, easier said than done though!