Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

Just now, Vacamion said:

This ref is letting both sides get away with all sorts at the breakdown. 

Bad news for us really because Hooper will use that. I've watched Australian players just lay down straight over the tackle twice already and he's done **** all about it. 

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wales can't possibly lose it from this position.

Nice try. :D

2 minutes ago, srex9 said:

I'm really not a fan of slow mo replays. Show it in real time otherwise the context is off. Feel the officials have got the decisions spot on in that regard at least. 

I actually agree a lot of the time, particularly when judging if a tackle is late. But even in real time Hooper knows exactly what he's doing and should walk. You can actually watch his face as he lines Biggar up, play has moved on ages ago and he just goes for a cheap shot to try and take Biggar out the game. It's a card all day long. 

As for Kerevi, the slow mo actually saves him tbh. By breaking down frame by frame, they've found contact on the chest first. He's not going for the chest in the slightest, he's aiming straight for his neck / chin and nails exactly what he intends to. It would have been a great hand off a few years ago but you can't do that now. 

Look, I'm biased, I'm not neutral I accept that. But you look around and you'll find plenty of neutral pundits that are saying the same thing - it's frankly unbelievable that Australia haven't had a player carded yet in this WC. 

For the record, I'm not suggesting either was a red card offence (although both are centimeters away from being exactly that.)

They fly so, so close to the edge of the rules it's ridiculous. 

As an Aussie I'll freely admit Wales are better and should be in the lead at half time but the Kerevi penalty and the non offside decision is a disgrace. These overly officious buffoons will kill the game in Australia and perhaps elsewhere too. Disgusting. 

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

As an Aussie I'll freely admit Wales are better and should be in the lead at half time but the Kerevi penalty and the non offside decision is a disgrace. These overly officious buffoons will kill the game in Australia and perhaps elsewhere too. Disgusting. 

You're right, the Kerevi penalty was a disgrace, he should have had a yellow card. 

Australians complaining about the officiating at this tournament lol

Edited by Finnegan

Kerevi a yellow? Since when did you guys get soft? Bad tackle technique on Kerevi and Hooper was only a fraction  late pen at most.

Even with the disgraceful officiating Wales look very organised and  dangerous.  Australia's team selection hasn't helped though 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nice try. :D

I actually agree a lot of the time, particularly when judging if a tackle is late. But even in real time Hooper knows exactly what he's doing and should walk. You can actually watch his face as he lines Biggar up, play has moved on ages ago and he just goes for a cheap shot to try and take Biggar out the game. It's a card all day long. 

As for Kerevi, the slow mo actually saves him tbh. By breaking down frame by frame, they've found contact on the chest first. He's not going for the chest in the slightest, he's aiming straight for his neck / chin and nails exactly what he intends to. It would have been a great hand off a few years ago but you can't do that now. 

Look, I'm biased, I'm not neutral I accept that. But you look around and you'll find plenty of neutral pundits that are saying the same thing - it's frankly unbelievable that Australia haven't had a player carded yet in this WC. 

For the record, I'm not suggesting either was a red card offence (although both are centimeters away from being exactly that.)

They fly so, so close to the edge of the rules it's ridiculous. 

I think Hooper knew yes. But I'm glad refs are giving players the benefit of the doubt. If he had hit the head or come close then yeah, card. The time they have to react is so minimal. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get a card before the end. 

Just saw the second one. Very careless and no need to have his non ball carrying arm there. I don't think it was malicious but they are walking a tight rope now which will only help Wales. 

This is the best your boys have looked in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Yeah this has gone. Australia's to throw away now. Fair play. 

This has been the complete opposite of our Six Nations. In Feb we started games slowly and grew in to a strong second half. 

Here we've literally not come out at all in the second half. Zero energy or intensity. 

This does not look good for Wales, all Australia at the moment unfortunately...

What is it with these southern hemisphere teams getting away with a lot more than the 6N teams, pure dirt from the Aussies and lucky not to have at least one player yellow carded. That aside, they've been impressive 2nd half to be fair.

Much needed penalty for Wales now at least.

• Like 1