Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

After a new monitor. Any recommendations?

I have browsed and browsed and am still none the wiser as to what I'm looking for. 

I want a 24 inch monitor if possible and want the colours to be as good as possible as I like to edit photo and video along with playing games but I don't play anything nearly as strenuous as most gamers out there.

I don't want to spend anymore than £150 ideally, that's probably high end and I'd rather more towards the £100 if possible.

If you could tell me what to look out for too that'd be great as I feel like in every review I read there's someone moaning about something and I'm fed up of reading pros and cons of something I have little knowledge about!

Thanks!

Edited by Ozwin

High refresh rate, for £150 you're going to be in the 1080p region... but if you can stretch your budget to £179

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2419HGF-Anti-Glare-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07HS7B1DC/ref=sr_1_22?fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1569178143&refinements=p_36%3A428447031%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A319913031&rnid=319909031&s=computers&sr=1-22

Edited by Rusko187

I'd suggest an IPS panel rather than the TN panels suggested above for your requirements. You are more likely to find accurate colour reproduction with IPS, as well as better viewing angles. 

High refresh rate is nice but for cheaper monitors tends to be in the domain of TN panels; if you aren't playing competitive games I'd prefer better colours.

This Asus seems to have decent reviews for example.

Edited by potter3

Thanks. The Asus looks the best bet so far. I think I'm being overly picky with it but my current monitor is so bad and flickering for certain angles that I really want to make sure I get something better. The one Collymore posted for exame has me weary cos of how cheap it is.

18 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Thanks. The Asus looks the best bet so far. I think I'm being overly picky with it but my current monitor is so bad and flickering for certain angles that I really want to make sure I get something better. The one Collymore posted for exame has me weary cos of how cheap it is.

Asus monitors are good, but this LG one will be better for your needs. Definitely go IPS over TN, 144hz refresh rate is amazing gaming or not, but isn't really attainable for you on an IPS screen within your budget:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-24MK600M-3-side-Borderless-Monitor/dp/B07GNNDLJS/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=LG+23MP68VQ&qid=1569259972&s=computers&sr=1-1

Get it with a cheap VESA mount and it'll look fooking lovely, I have this one: https://www.ebuyer.com/634975-xenta-single-monitor-mount-edtb04-cy012

Edited by z-layrex

21 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Use the extra money on a season's worth of ticket processing fees ha ha 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, danny. said:

that must look really blurry at that size and resolution?

Nope, looks great.  1080p is fine up to 27/28" but I wouldn't go any larger without requiring 1440, one of the screens I looked at was a 32" 1080p Samsung and that would have been a bit pixelly in games.

Edited by Carl the Llama

58 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nope, looks great.  1080p is fine up to 27/28" but I wouldn't go any larger without requiring 2440, one of the screens I looked at was a 32" 1080p Samsung and that would have been a bit pixelly in games.

Custom made resolutions probably cost a bomb. :ph34r: