Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndyNCH

Norwich fan in peace

I didn't think Norwich were thought of as a bland club, I've never actually been to Carrow Road (high up on my list for this year, Feb 29, hopefully gets re-arranged when we're in the kapow cup final) but they're away support is huge in number. They also seem to make good noise. Home games always look sold out, so good luck to them. I have a friend who supports Millwall and spends some time with the older 'chaps' - being his dads friends. They have all said the farmers who followed Norwich back in the 70s/80s were fearsome and always gave Millwall 'a good run.' I assume all this means they're known as a hardnut club.

Guest Markyblue
21 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I didn't think Norwich were thought of as a bland club, I've never actually been to Carrow Road (high up on my list for this year, Feb 29, hopefully gets re-arranged when we're in the kapow cup final) but they're away support is huge in number. They also seem to make good noise. Home games always look sold out, so good luck to them. I have a friend who supports Millwall and spends some time with the older 'chaps' - being his dads friends. They have all said the farmers who followed Norwich back in the 70s/80s were fearsome and always gave Millwall 'a good run.' I assume all this means they're known as a hardnut club.

No mate, went carrow road several times in the late seventies and eighties and even in them days it was very much seen as a hassle free day out.

Got a weirdish memory of going to Carrow Rd for the last game of 80/81 and a Jimmy Melrose hat-trick giving us a rare away win (though we'd memorably won at Anfield in January). Think it might have dragged Norridge down with us...

Weird because the Leicester fans spent most of the game sitting on the terraces in the away bit (standing area in those days, obviously), singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' etc and waving scarves while sitting on our asses.

Don't know why, but it sticks in the memory.

• Like 1

I have respect for Norwich. Actually been in the home end there about 12 years ago. I remember when they dropped down to League One and they still sold out for home games. Not many clubs can say that, not even us. It makes me wonder how big their fan base is. They are certainly a club that could become big if they had ambitious owners. 

13 hours ago, Midlands yellow said:

Away end sold out so should be a decent atmosphere.

With all due respect, so it should be. Surely we are your closest game? 

For me I'm very good mates with some Yarmouth Blues, so I've grew up and had to take the abuse from Norwich fans when you were half decent and we were shit. Not to mention they thought John ****ing Ruddy was better than Schmeichel... even then lol

It's like a rivalry game for me this. Suppose I've got a bit of a soft spot for Norwich because it's a good city and our games between each other are always good! 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Norwich is a lovely city, two of my kids went to UEA so I’ve spent many weekends there. It’s a great away day too, and a nice ground. Thoroughly recommend it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Midlands yellow said:

Not playing well and very near Christmas . I’d say it’s a great effort to sell out.

You're a well supported club, you're newly promoted, you're nailed on for relegation which makes the Premier League even more of a novelty and we're geographically one of your closer fixtures. 

Would have been really disappointing if you'd not sold out. 

Given the first couple of points, you'll probably sell out away all year even when you're basically done. 

When we had what was looking like our one year in the Prem in 14/15 I'm pretty sure we kept selling out all year even when we were written off as down. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You're a well supported club, you're newly promoted, you're nailed on for relegation which makes the Premier League even more of a novelty and we're geographically one of your closer fixtures. 

Would have been really disappointing if you'd not sold out. 

Given the first couple of points, you'll probably sell out away all year even when you're basically done. 

When we had what was looking like our one year in the Prem in 14/15 I'm pretty sure we kept selling out all year even when we were written off as down. 

Plus you've got to factor in the draw of potentially getting to watch Emi Buendia, the world's first billion pound footballer

• Haha 1