Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The Ultras\active fan scene in Scotland is right now the best it has ever been IMO. Even outside of the Old Firm you have some great groups up there bashing out some really good stuff nearly every weekend.

Yeah this is true, atmosphere's across the country the last few years have been great, at most grounds anyway.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah this is true, atmosphere's across the country the last few years have been great, at most grounds anyway.

St. Mirren in particular I watched their scene really kick on.  Aberdeen on the other hand seem to be like our lot and intent on making everything hard work.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

St. Mirren in particular I watched their scene really kick on.  Aberdeen on the other hand seem to be like our lot and intent on making everything hard work.

Saw a piece on A View from the Terrace about some kids at Dumbarton who make a bit of noise. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07tql5s

Fair play to them for giving it a go.

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah Motherwell too have had a pretty vibrant one for a while now also.

Yeah just seem to get their gear robbed and stadium done over with graffiti a lot. They have in the last few years had a sort to generation switch with the older lot stepping back and new generation coming in.

Think there was a suicide within their ranks and the group and club looked to do some great awareness stuff on this.

Edited by SemperEadem

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah I remember Aberdeen about 10 years ago had a really good group.  Ultra scene definitely having an effect on atmospheres north of the border.

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Yeah I remember Aberdeen about 10 years ago had a really good group.  Ultra scene definitely having an effect on atmospheres north of the border.

They were trendsetters, the first in the UK. Looked to have links to Boavista in Portugal. The guy who headed them is now the guy who goes around doing the catalogue displays for the FA/Wembley and King Power. Nice chap and does a job I guess helping the tifo scene grow just wish he would leave clubs like us out of his sales as it just shits all over the actual fan groups.

Edited by SemperEadem

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah just seem to get their gear robbed and stadium done over with graffiti a lot. They have in the last few years had a sort to generation switch with the older lot stepping back and new generation coming in.

Think there was a suicide within their ranks and the group and club looked to do some great awareness stuff on this.

Yeah Motherwell do tons of great work in the community around that sort of stuff and food banks and all that sort of thing. Pretty sure they gave all their season ticket holders full refunds from the covid season also.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Got some cash helping them or is it good management from Campbell?

Good management. They are still part time. A lot of their players are still working. There's an awful lot of good will towards them in the Championship and the lower league fans. Pie and Bovril is a cracking forum for Scottish football. 

Apparently they should have beat Hibs at the weekend 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Got some cash helping them or is it good management from Campbell?

Nothing major as far as I’m aware, it just seems like stability and general upward curve over the past few years. And the gap in standards between the top couple of divisions has definitely shrunk. 

On 08/02/2022 at 15:29, Tommy Fresh said:

Saw a piece on A View from the Terrace about some kids at Dumbarton who make a bit of noise. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07tql5s

Fair play to them for giving it a go.

Ah, that's a lovely watch. Great to see a club actively encouraging that too.

On 13/02/2022 at 12:46, Vacamion said:

Arbroath currently beating Hibs in the cup.

It's a cracking ground to go to.  Right beside the seaside. 

Am I right in thinking it's the closest ground to the sea in Britain?

• Like 1