Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

11 hours ago, Vacamion said:

would imagine pubs in the city will have doormen on from late afternoon.  

I'm guessing there's very much blue pubs and green pubs and you don't make the mistake of trying to watch the game in the wrong one? 

Are they ever on like, the same streets? 

What sort of segregation is there for fans literally just watching it in bars? 

When I lived in North London there would kinda Spurs pubs and Arsenal pubs and you didn't get too much mixing but the Old Firm is something many many magnitudes more severe. 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It sounds like sky sports have turned the crowd noise down a bit? It feels a bit muted and muffled at times, in fairness might be just so you can hear the comms. 

Yeah could be right. Pre-match it sounded louder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm guessing there's very much blue pubs and green pubs and you don't make the mistake of trying to watch the game in the wrong one? 

Are they ever on like, the same streets? 

What sort of segregation is there for fans literally just watching it in bars? 

When I lived in North London there would kinda Spurs pubs and Arsenal pubs and you didn't get too much mixing but the Old Firm is something many many magnitudes more severe. 

Most City Centre pubs are "no colours" and "no singing" and would have pockets of both.

Outside of the City Centre, yes, they are decked in colours. Places like The Loudon Tavern in Duke Street.

In the main street in the suburb where I live there was one Rangers Pub and one Celtic Pub, and they've both now closed. :P

There are private members clubs where they can sing the real bad stuff and wouldn't let their kids marry one of the other lot.

I've had to visit a few of these for work, and they are often nondescript on the outside, but a flagshaggers paradise inside, and usually covered in barbed wire and cctv.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So are there no rangers fans there and if not why not? 

Retaliation for when Rangers wouldn't allow Celtic fans in last time.  I think that was when Rangers were citing COVID reasons.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Retaliation for when Rangers wouldn't allow Celtic fans in last time.  I think that was when Rangers were citing COVID reasons.

Yeah, like Rod Steward said (of all people), it's childish really.

As usual it's the fans that lose out.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Barisic is total dogshit. 

Ange to be our next manager. Really enjoyable high tempo football he’s got Celtic playing. A bit Leeds under Bielsa 

Was thinking, Christ, how long it's been since we've consistently got to watch a side playing with this kinda tempo. 

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Blimey. 

They were singing IRA/death to Brendan songs when we got Brendan.

If we took another manager off them.... hoo, boy. lol

They can be our feeder club if they like. We'll have Furuhashi at the same time. 

Don't worry though, it's a two way street, they can have Vestergaard and Bertrand in exchange. 

Edited by Finnegan

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Blimey. 

They were singing IRA/death to Brendan songs when we got Brendan.

If we took another manager off them.... hoo, boy. lol

Won’t lie that is part of the attraction. I can see us going two extremes in the next manager. Either Nuno for the defence or Ange for the tempo 

Absolutely brilliant goal that. The way Celtic’s full backs play is superb 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Haha 1