Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not only is Ally Mccoist comfortably one of the best pundits in the sport, he also puts the like of Carragher and Macca to shame with how well he actually maintains his professionalism and neutrality doing it. 

More than happy to heap praise on Celtic's players playing well, not partisan at all, just calls the game as its happening. 

He’s only slipped once when he called Amad/Sakala lightweight. Which is true but it was very Roy Keane talking about United 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not only is Ally Mccoist comfortably one of the best pundits in the sport, he also puts the like of Carragher and Macca to shame with how well he actually maintains his professionalism and neutrality doing it. 

More than happy to heap praise on Celtic's players playing well, not partisan at all, just calls the game as its happening. 

He really has improved dramatically from

his early showings. He also does

great Springsteen song covers! 😂

I've refrained from posting the videos which are swirling round depicting the fairly significant public disorder which accompanied the, err, "festivities" yesterday, but this is a flavour:

Screenshot_20220203-050312_Twitter.jpg.38ab4697821a863ece5a6c72cc548839.jpg

As if we all didn't see this kind of thing coming a mile off with an evening kick off :rolleyes:

The Glasgow part of my Twitter timeline has a fair number of people who were bevvying all day yesterday or who are still at it at 5am today.

There's no way they'll allow another evening kick off for this fixture any time soon.

I know a lot of you were impressed with the "passion" of the game and the fans, but there really is a lot of dark stuff behind the rivalry.

Once again, and with feeling, FTOF...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got a lot of love for Ange. Really happy it’s working out for him at Celtic, even though traditionally I’d definitely be on the Rangers side of the Old Firm. 

I followed Yokohama F. Marinos home and away for several seasons while I was in Japan, and he was manager. I’ll never forget how a pretty average group of players was united together in 2019, going on an incredible late run to steal the title from Kawasaki and FC Tokyo. 

The football was absolutely outstanding, with a clear philosophy of “be entertaining and outscore the opposition”. Ange was a calming yet strong presence in the dug out the whole time.

He’s up there with Nigel Pearson as one of my favourite ever managers. 

4 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I've refrained from posting the videos which are swirling round depicting the fairly significant public disorder which accompanied the, err, "festivities" yesterday, but this is a flavour:

As if we all didn't see this kind of thing coming a mile off with an evening kick off :rolleyes:

The Glasgow part of my Twitter timeline has a fair number of people who were bevvying all day yesterday or who are still at it at 5am today.

There's no way they'll allow another evening kick off for this fixture any time soon.

I know a lot of you were impressed with the "passion" of the game and the fans, but there really is a lot of dark stuff behind the rivalry.

We'll see if Jim White mentions this today on TalkSport. He's more than happy to call out other bad behaviour by football fans in this country.

5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

This is the side of the OF that people living outside of Scotland either don't see or have convinced themselves isn't as bad as it used to be. And it's not just mass fights after/before every game. Its domestic abuse or folk arrested for bigoted behaviour...

Im sure that you are more than aware, this isn't a one off. This happens every game. Sure, when I was young, I wasn't allowed to wear my Rangers top out to play. I had friends that had crucifix' but weren't allowed to show it because both would get you into fights but it's not much better today. I work with the public and the amount of grown men I see with UVF tattoos or who drive around playing rebel music is still astonishing. 

I grew up a Rangers fan and a tiny part of me wanted to miss it watching the passion of the game last night but this kind off thing just affirms the decision I made, every time. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Hate this. They knew what they were doing, stick to your actions. This isn't something where they've done it by accident, they knew what they were doing and were obviously okay with it. 

Absolutely mad that the power social media has over the world.

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hate this. They knew what they were doing, stick to your actions. This isn't something where they've done it by accident, they knew what they were doing and were obviously okay with it. 

What? 

Stick to keeping a rapist at the club? 

I see this as a positive for fans to still have some power over what decisions their club makes. 

This was not just social media. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What the fvck.

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What? 

Stick to keeping a rapist at the club? 

I see this as a positive for fans to still have some power over what decisions their club makes. 

This was not just social media. 

Should mistakes be held against someone forever? He's spent 5 years at Clyde and no one made a fuss of that, just made the move at the wrong time given the Greenwood uproar.