Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Kieron Tierney to replace outgoing Chilwell?

5 hours ago, somebum said:

Well, now that I have the promise of a complete stranger, perhaps I should re evaluate all my opinions. Thanks. 

A stranger that's saw more than enough of both players to have an informed opinion on the matter as opposed to yours that is more than likely based on having saw Tierney once or twice. 

On 15/02/2020 at 19:54, Hales said:

Does anyone actually think chilwell will go in the summer? Odds on for champions league, playing with his mates plus would they let him go when we need to strengthen our team for Europe? I cant see maddison or chilwell going? 🤷‍♀️

I agree.

This could end up being like the Mahrez situation.

Mahrez was seemingly desperate to join Arsenal, we kept him, he did well in CL for us and ended up at Man City (A much better team).

If we qualify for the CL none of our players should want to leave, if they do, they must doubt there ability, as they may as well play the CL season with us and likely to still be highly courted by a ‘top 2’ club or a Barca / Real Madrid. Another reason why I feel Kante jumped ship too soon, especially when Chelsea didn’t even quality for the UCL. He’d probably be at Real or PSG now if he’d stayed that extra season 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

A fully fit KT is most definately NOT a downgrade on Ben Chilwell. I promise you that. Ofcourse the main issue is Kieran Tierney is never fully fit these days. 

Hip injury, hernia, hamstring and dislocated shoulder.

None of them are related, he's just been unfortunte.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Hip injury, hernia, hamstring and dislocated shoulder.

None of them are related, he's just been unfortunte.

It's his hip that worries me most. It was reoccurring at Celtic and he played quite a bit with it. Doesn't seem to get a full season in for whatever reason and is a constant sick note for the national team. 

On 15/02/2020 at 19:44, goody2028 said:

Don’t think for a minute think he’ll leave in the summer 

If you are writing about Chilwell.

Q. Who in their right mind would pay good money for him after seeing him play in the last two months?

A: Nobody, who knows anything about football.

Therefore sadly you are probably correct, in that he will be going nowhere. 😒

21 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Q. Who in their right mind would pay good money for him after seeing him play in the last two months?

Think city fans are turning on the lad too quickly if I’m honest. Don’t get me wrong he’s not been right for many games now but what happened to all the talk on his potential. He’s only 22 in a young side surrounded by his mates, give him more time and hopefully under Brendan he becomes the player we want. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

That statement could have been used for Maguire before he went too to be honest. 

Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd could all use a LB and if they think they could get England's starter, they will bite

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Think city fans are turning on the lad too quickly if I’m honest. Don’t get me wrong he’s not been right for many games now but what happened to all the talk on his potential. He’s only 22 in a young side surrounded by his mates, give him more time and hopefully under Brendan he becomes the player we want. 

I agree. I think he is a confidence player and he is lacking that so badly at the moment. Hopefully brendan is man managing him and building him up. He usnt a bad player, look at past performances. He can do it, he just needs to believe he can.  I think it would be wrong for him personally to move in the summer and from a team perspective we need to strengthen our team not lose players.  He generally plays great for England so hopefully he will smash it at the euros and we will get chilly back!