Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

I’m also in a company called EQTEC (EQT). They’re under 1p at the moment but hoping they’ll grow over the next year, in fact I’m expecting these to potentially have a bit of a climb this morning on the back of some positive news with one of their projects.

3 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I’m also in a company called EQTEC (EQT). They’re under 1p at the moment but hoping they’ll grow over the next year, in fact I’m expecting these to potentially have a bit of a climb this morning on the back of some positive news with one of their projects.

What do they do and how did you get to hear about them then?

31 minutes ago, Nick said:

What do they do and how did you get to hear about them then?

They’re a world leader in waste gasification. They turn biomass and waste into gas for energy.

I can’t remember how I heard about them, most likely stumbled across them in a news article months back. I was in at about 0.5p a few months back but sold out to put my cash into a share I preferred at the time. Obviously meant the share price would go on to double since then 😂. Back in at 1p and I’m planning to hold for a year and see where they’re at then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Small climb but looks like there were a lot of short traders could be one for long term investment. I’ve also dabbled with Alien Metals (UFO). They’ve had some positive finds recently and if their latest search is fruitful I would expect the share price to reflect. Currently price has settled around 1.2p so may be worth a look

10 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Small climb but looks like there were a lot of short traders could be one for long term investment. I’ve also dabbled with Alien Metals (UFO). They’ve had some positive finds recently and if their latest search is fruitful I would expect the share price to reflect. Currently price has settled around 1.2p so may be worth a look

Also in UFO, got in on a rise back in September at 1.5p and kicking myself that I didn’t sell at 3p and get back in at the current price.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Trumpet said:

They’re a world leader in waste gasification. They turn biomass and waste into gas for energy.

I can’t remember how I heard about them, most likely stumbled across them in a news article months back. I was in at about 0.5p a few months back but sold out to put my cash into a share I preferred at the time. Obviously meant the share price would go on to double since then 😂. Back in at 1p and I’m planning to hold for a year and see where they’re at then.

They went up again today. I’m wondering if it’s done or if it’s worth a few hundred quid... 

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

They went up again today. I’m wondering if it’s done or if it’s worth a few hundred quid... 

Personally I’m expecting it to keep going, but as ever you’d have to do your own research and be confident with it.

I’m planning to sit on my holding now for at least a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BPC taking a bit of an uncertain battering as all sorts being banded about regarding injunctions and negative press - lot's of rumours and lot's of people getting out but nothing concrete yet that the Icemax won't be going off to drill perseverance. 

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

What do people actually use to do their share dealing? Feel like taking some ridiculous punts with a few quid

Trading 212 is really

simple to use. If you sign up with my link we both get a free share.

Do you want to get a free stock share worth up to ‎£⁠100?

Create a Trading 212 Invest account using this link www.trading212.com/invite/Fz1tM33F and we both get a free share!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Trading 212 is really

simple to use. If you sign up with my link we both get a free share.

Do you want to get a free stock share worth up to ‎£⁠100?

Create a Trading 212 Invest account using this link www.trading212.com/invite/Fz1tM33F and we both get a free share!

Thank you very much.

It's trying to fire up the app on my phone, which doesn't look like you'll get your referral. I'll do it on my laptop later

26 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

What do people actually use to do their share dealing? Feel like taking some ridiculous punts with a few quid

Each platform has its own advantages and disadvantages, but in summary if you're a regular trader then it might be worth paying for one where they charge a monthly fee as the stocks on them usually have a lower spread rather than the ones with no fees where the spread is usually larger. 

On 08/12/2020 at 07:29, Trumpet said:

I've been in them for a few months. Almost doubled my money, looks good with Billingham news soonish. 

• Like 1

Iv

28 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've found the whole thing fascinating since I started in April. 

A classic case of the more you know, the less you know. 

If you fancy playing this as a gamble, then yep, individual stocks are fine to play with. I use Hargreaves  Lansdown who are apparently expensive but I find thier site so easy to use, they've almost earned their fees. But defo don't try and play individual stocks if you genuinely want to grow your pot. I've learned to use funds and trackers to grow my money. 

Professional funds I'm  22% up

Me  buying individual stocks, I'm 5% down 

So, only buy individual stocks as if you were backing a gee gee.....I.e for fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I use interactive investor. It’s £9.99 a month and £7.99 a trade, though you get one free trade a month and when I signed up they gave me £100 trade credits, which I think they’re still doing.

To keep an eye on the markets I use investing.com. It allows you to create a watch list, portfolio and keep an eye on live prices all for free. Tons of information on there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a bad day for the UK market today. Most of my ETF’s are global/USA, hopefully not a big loss all round when the markets open at 14:30. My ETFs are all long term but I’m an emotion driven person and when the 12% I’m sat on now drops to negative, it’s hard not to think ahhh get out. 

48 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Looks like a bad day for the UK market today. Most of my ETF’s are global/USA, hopefully not a big loss all round when the markets open at 14:30. My ETFs are all long term but I’m an emotion driven person and when the 12% I’m sat on now drops to negative, it’s hard not to think ahhh get out. 

I won't even look. I reassure myself that the drop is Brexit talks and covid travel isolation all rolled into one. When both items are sorted,  and one way or the other they will be at some point in the coming months, I'll look then for good news.