Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

On 10/11/2020 at 09:21, Strokes said:

I’m hoping Fastly shoot up over the next few months, they provide content for tiktok which has been hammered because of trumps assault on Chinese tech. They’ve been as high as $1.35 recently but are currently $0.75. So I’ve put a monkey on them hoping for a decent return by the spring.

It’s on the move up guys, get on it now or miss your chance.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:31, Ginger_Filbert said:

Bahamas Petroleum Company start spudding in December and have acquired territory. 
Their CEO did an interview a month or two back saying the will start to make returns in 2021 for shareholders. 
3p a share currently. 

Historically, they've never really appeared to have got above 7p a share - I'm not sure how the oil contracts work - what do these companies usually get up to when it goes their way and they start drilling successfully? Is there an anticipated or hoped for return estimation if it goes well?

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Historically, they've never really appeared to have got above 7p a share - I'm not sure how the oil contracts work - what do these companies usually get up to when it goes their way and they start drilling successfully? Is there an anticipated or hoped for return estimation if it goes well?

I don’t know of comparisons against other oil companies. 
Contract wise BPC will own all oil pulled up. 
Even to get back to 7p a share would over double your money. 
A new article below gives more info. 

“Perseverance-1 is a potentially basin-opening well, with the kind of scale and associated value uplift exposure rarely offered outside of oil majors.”

Edited by Ginger_Filbert
  • Like 1

Bahamas Petroleum Company start spudding in December and have acquired territory. 
Their CEO did an interview a month or two back saying the will start to make returns in 2021 for shareholders. 
3p a share currently. 

Taking a hit today. I quite like the look of AFC energy. Got on that at 18p a share.

19 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Yeah they were down yesterday too. 
Hopefully December onwards things will look better 🤞

Well I’ve had a go at 2.55 as they dropped today.... already made the exchange fee of a tenner back - only a little dabble but still got 5300 shares for less than £150 notes including fees. Hopefully they’ll be worth £2 grand each by the new year!

lol

:ph34r:

Edited by Nick
  • Haha 1

Anyone dealt with Vanguard before? I just want to chuck in £100 a month into something and watch it build til retirement in conj with pension. I dont pay any employee pension cont as my employer pays in 10% and I need the cash at the moment as doing up my house. But that amounts to about £8,500 a year into a pension which im happy with in early 30s. Any advice would be appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Is there any guide or Web page that can help a complete novice start out in this? 

Download trading 212 and play with practice money.

Decide whether you want stable long term low risk growth, or quicker riskier strategy.

Stable long term you go for companies on the ftse100 or s&p500 for example and study their growth and invest. Short term, you look for a volatile company who’s stock goes up and down a lot and try and catch it in a trough and ride it to the peak.

Thats the simplified version. 
I’ve invested historically about £3k, I’ve withdrawn £2k and I’ve got shares in now worth about £1.7k so I’ve made about £700 since the end of may. If I had of put it all on Tesla, I think I’d have made more in that time as they’ve been growing so fast.

On 20/11/2020 at 11:09, Tommy G said:

Anyone dealt with Vanguard before? I just want to chuck in £100 a month into something and watch it build til retirement in conj with pension. I dont pay any employee pension cont as my employer pays in 10% and I need the cash at the moment as doing up my house. But that amounts to about £8,500 a year into a pension which im happy with in early 30s. Any advice would be appreciated 

Sorry, only just seen this.

Vanguard do mainly index tracking funds, and are absurdly cheap. Their funds are often used in other investment providers as part of their own portfolios to keep costs down.

Looking at the investment options on their pension contract, it's pretty comparable to a workplace pension scheme.

Worth considering using a different style of strategy with them to what's in your pension? Add a bit of diversity, like

• Like 1

On 18/11/2020 at 16:47, Ginger_Filbert said:

I don’t know of comparisons against other oil companies. 
Contract wise BPC will own all oil pulled up. 
Even to get back to 7p a share would over double your money. 
A new article below gives more info. 

“Perseverance-1 is a potentially basin-opening well, with the kind of scale and associated value uplift exposure rarely offered outside of oil majors.”

https://ewnews.com/oil-exploration-company-calls-opponents-petition-into-question

If they can beat the injunction it’ll do well by the looks of it!

On 02/12/2020 at 17:43, foxile5 said:

Is there any guide or Web page that can help a complete novice start out in this? 

I bought a book called the naked trader I think years ago that breaks it down. Personally I'd start with just a few trackers / funds whilst you get used to the ups and downs of the market and start reading and understanding more about individual companies / shares. My biggest issue when first starting was that I shat myself every time anything went down and lost lots of money constantly chopping and changing. 

I'd advise you think more long term rather than short term gain. It should avoid the panic when things go down.

Diversify - Invest across different countries and industries, rather than just the UK for instance, or just in oil. That way if oil hits the skids your whole portfolio doesn't drop off a cliff. 

Invest regularly!!! I put money in each month, sometimes you are buying when the market is high, sometimes you are buying when the market is low. That way things stay a bit more even over time, if you happen to invest in lump sums only now and again, you stand more chance of hitting a peak or a trough (can be good or bad!). But starting out it takes out that risk. When you're more use to it, you'll see that the last year has been a good opportunity to pump a few lump sums in. 

On 20/11/2020 at 11:09, Tommy G said:

I have lifestyle strategy 60% and then some in 80%. I'm drip feeding like you seem to want to. I cba pissing about buying shares I know **** all about so chose to do that. I've made a very good chunk out of it since I started 2 years ago. It's given me a 'personal rate of return' of 21.5%.

On 10/11/2020 at 09:21, Strokes said:

I’m hoping Fastly shoot up over the next few months, they provide content for tiktok which has been hammered because of trumps assault on Chinese tech. They’ve been as high as $1.35 recently but are currently $0.75. So I’ve put a monkey on them hoping for a decent return by the spring.

I hope a few of you guys got on this. It’s done $20 a share since I posted this a few weeks back.

On 04/12/2020 at 17:16, ousefox said:

I have lifestyle strategy 60% and then some in 80%. I'm drip feeding like you seem to want to. I cba pissing about buying shares I know **** all about so chose to do that. I've made a very good chunk out of it since I started 2 years ago. It's given me a 'personal rate of return' of 21.5%.

Interesting - and what restrictions do you have on withdrawing it?

Currently invested in EUA. Sitting on tons of palladium and currently under takeover rules. Got in at 20p and the sp is sitting at 39.5p.

Expecting anything upwards of 100p once the takeover completes. I browse a message board full of people who got in at <1p and are set to become millionaires.

3 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Currently invested in EUA. Sitting on tons of palladium and currently under takeover rules. Got in at 20p and the sp is sitting at 39.5p.

Expecting anything upwards of 100p once the takeover completes. I browse a message board full of people who got in at <1p and are set to become millionaires.

Sounds good - well done.

Keep us updated. 

3p a share currently. 

Decided to give this a go. Just bought the minimum of 3500 shares on trading 212. I do like a speculative stock in my portfolio so this is it. Here’s to 20p a share by spring! 

On 07/06/2020 at 20:43, StanSP said:

I use Wealthify.

Stuck some money in in January and have it managed by them (there's various scales from cautious through to confident to ambitious). Took a big hit obviously when COVID struck but it's already recovered - I'd have thought it would be months, maybe even a year before I saw it pay off again but it seems to have got back to business properly now.

If anyone does want to use their services and opens up, deposits and leaves money in for 3 months minimum, then do so through this link:

https://invest.wealthify.com/refer/57489839

We both get £25 in to our 'plans' if that happens :D 

Usually like to do my own buying and selling but gave this a go with your link, have just received the free 25 as it’s been 3 months, you should have it too I expect. With that 25 I’m now up 12% 👍😁

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Usually like to do my own buying and selling but gave this a go with your link, have just received the free 25 as it’s been 3 months, you should have it too I expect. With that 25 I’m now up 12% 👍😁

Nice one, cheers!

I saw a few weeks back that someone had signed up but couldn't for the life of me work out who it could be as I totally forgot I put the link on here lol 

Good luck!