Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

I'd take out my initial investment, definitely.

Then maybe some sell orders at prices you're happy with. I like an approach where you set continually increasing stop losses the higher the price gets (e.g. if it gets to $400, set a stop loss at $250-275, if it carries on to $500, set one at $350 etc etc). Having said that, a lot of the reddit lot are seriously pushing people not to set stops.

You don't want to be holding the bags when it comes crashing down, which it will eventually. Who knows how long it has to run up first though.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

I'd take out my initial investment, definitely.

Then maybe some sell orders at prices you're happy with. I like an approach where you set continually increasing stop losses the higher the price gets (e.g. if it gets to $400, set a stop loss at $250-275, if it carries on to $500, set one at $350 etc etc). Having said that, a lot of the reddit lot are seriously pushing people not to set stops.

You don't want to be holding the bags when it comes crashing down, which it will eventually. Who knows how long it has to run up first though.

The WSB hive mind wants this thing to go to $1000-$2000. I don't have the faintest idea if it'll go anywhere near there.

12 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

This, entirely up to your appetite for risk.  I have nil appetite and put 5.5k in at 1.47 and will be pulling that out immediately if it's anywhere close to $300 at 2.30 when it opens.  But that amount I'd make would pay off my car!

Yes but why pay off your car when you can just buy a Lambo instead??? 😎😎😎

1 minute ago, Christoph said:

Yes but why pay off your car when you can just buy a Lambo instead??? 😎😎😎

I'm happy with my Ford Focus :fofana:.

This, weirdly, has me feeling the same as during 15/16.  The end result is fantastic, but the constant feeling of nausea throughout is not something I'm enjoying.  Give me my money!

I think from a "bigger picture" this is a fascinating thing to see.  Small high wealth investors against large groups of amateur investors.  Hoping to see what comes of this, as I'm sure those hedge funds will no longer every again say what they've shorted.  Objectively, Citron is right, a brick and mortar game shop in today's age is a dying business and actually speculating it will fail makes complete economic sense.  However it also highlights that market value and movements are more driven by human behaviour than actual valuation.  This was already known, but rarely seen in such clear example.

9 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Interesting that even if I wanted to jump on gme I can't right now as it's no longer allowing transactions on etoro anyway

Is that because the market is shut?

Don’t really understand or know much about this so not the kind of thing I’d get involved with personally for the aforementioned reason. I hope when the dust settles that people haven’t lost their savings. 

Just now, Benguin said:

Is that because the market is shut?

Don’t really understand or know much about this so not the kind of thing I’d get involved with personally for the aforementioned reason. I hope when the dust settles that people haven’t lost their savings. 

Normally you can set up a trade for the opening price ready for when the market opens but that's not available. I would assume that's because the opening price has already more than doubled but interesting none the less. If other platforms have done the same there could potentially be people queuing to buy to drive the price up further. 

There's gonna be plenty looking to sell too though, I wouldn't like to guess what will happen tbh but on the look out for a dip myself

12 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Normally you can set up a trade for the opening price ready for when the market opens but that's not available. I would assume that's because the opening price has already more than doubled but interesting none the less. If other platforms have done the same there could potentially be people queuing to buy to drive the price up further. 

There's gonna be plenty looking to sell too though, I wouldn't like to guess what will happen tbh but on the look out for a dip myself

AH price is going absolutely nuts. From a high of 360 to low of 185 in the space of 1 hour.

12 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

So this game stock thing that's going on, what price was it before all this took off and what price is it now? How high is it expected to go? And it is game as in the computer game shop? 

Last year it was at a low of about $3. It closed yesterday at $146, currently AH is about $250. Nobody knows how high it can go, but it will likely go higher.

Edited by Beechey

12 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

So this game stock thing that's going on, what price was it before all this took off and what price is it now? How high is it expected to go? And it is game as in the computer game shop? 

It's gamestop, essentially the murican equivalent of game. 

Sorry if this has already been covered but I'm thinking about putting some money in a stocks and shares ISA and investing in a handful of companies.

Probably minimal, if any, trades each month - more for the longer term. 

It's been a few years since I've invested, so keen to hear about who people trade with and would recommend/avoid?

Ideally I'm looking to go with someone who has access to foreign markets and/or AIM would also be great.

Thanks!

Edited by Houdini Logic

2 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Sorry if this has already been covered but I'm thinking about putting some money in a stocks and shares ISA and investing in a handful of companies.

Probably minimal, if any, trades each month - more for the longer term. 

It's been a few years since I've invested, so keen to hear about who people trade with and would recommend/avoid?

Ideally I'm looking to go with someone who has access to foreign markets and/or AIM would also be great.

Thanks!

I’ve mostly traded on AIM and I do it with Interactive Investor.

They charge £9.99 a month and £7.99 a trade, though you get one free trade credit a month. When I joined 6 months back they were giving new customers £100 in trade credits.

I’ve heard nothing but bad reviews for HL, so might be worth avoiding them.

• Thanks 1