Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

I’m on the ishares global clean energy ETF, up 15% since I got in but up a lot more if you got in early. 

I think this is the next sector to boom and definitely is one that will grow over the next 5 to 10 years. Its inevitable that the market will go that way at some point. 

• Like 1

On 19/11/2020 at 09:43, Benguin said:

Taking a hit today. I quite like the look of AFC energy. Got on that at 18p a share.

This is proving to have been a great decision, though not entirely an educated one. I’m up 400% on this one. Can see it getting to £1 soon. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Bitcoin is on the up again, gone up 5k+ in December alone at the start of November you could have got one for 10k now its around 20.5k crazy

The volatility is alarming to me rather than exciting. As a reformed gambling addict, I wouldn’t want to go near it personally. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, martyn said:

This comment needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

If you get involved in crypto, you have to absolutely be mentally prepared to accept very large downswings. 

Agreed and also be able to afford/willing to wait for it to recuperate. It’s easy enough to lose a wedge by panic selling a stock that’s dropped between 5-10% let alone crypto that is easily capable of dropping 40+% in a few weeks.

only buy if you have a clear plan of how long you are going to hold and stick to that plan. 

Edited by Benguin

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

EQT still going strong, currently 2.6p. 

I think it’s got even further to go, but seriously considering slicing some profit.

I’m holding. Only about half a percent of my portfolio, so happy to wait until it hits 5 or 6p 😂

7 hours ago, Trumpet said:

EQT still going strong, currently 2.6p. 

I think it’s got even further to go, but seriously considering slicing some profit.

I sliced at 1.8p but still holding 70% of my original stake. I think this whole sector is hot and will be for a long time, so won't be selling anymore any time soon

55 minutes ago, bmt said:

How did people first get into this? Want to start being a bit more sensible with my extra cash from Jan so investing seems sensible. Any good reading material etc?

This thread...

started looking at stocks which were being traded. Then ones where the price has fallen significantly (where the reason wasn’t administration) and finally  one who’s name made me laugh (Alien metals aka UFO I’m looking at you). Overall I’m up 25% on the investments I’ve made in the last 4 months. But I have no doubt that was more to do with luck. 

I guess my biggest rule is don’t invest more than I would lose (match day spending has been invested this season) and be prepared to cut your winnings and not be greedy. 

4 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

This thread...

started looking at stocks which were being traded. Then ones where the price has fallen significantly (where the reason wasn’t administration) and finally  one who’s name made me laugh (Alien metals aka UFO I’m looking at you). Overall I’m up 25% on the investments I’ve made in the last 4 months. But I have no doubt that was more to do with luck. 

I guess my biggest rule is don’t invest more than I would lose (match day spending has been invested this season) and be prepared to cut your winnings and not be greedy. 

Good advice. The key imo is don't invest what you can't afford to lose, do research on the company and sector before you invest and be prepared to be in negative positions as well as positive positions. I'd gone negative on stocks such as eqt before going positive and now I'm massively up. 

Also do keep up to date with news from the company in the form of RNS, which usually is price sensitive news, which may change your views on the company. 

12 hours ago, shailen said:

I sliced at 1.8p but still holding 70% of my original stake. I think this whole sector is hot and will be for a long time, so won't be selling anymore any time soon

Tempted! If we hit 3p I could take 35% which would be my entry amount so it’s a free hit. I’ve been stung in the past with UFO, where I should’ve sold at 3p to then buy back in low. EQT feels different though, I think this has got much further to go.

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Tempted! If we hit 3p I could take 35% which would be my entry amount so it’s a free hit. I’ve been stung in the past with UFO, where I should’ve sold at 3p to then buy back in low. EQT feels different though, I think this has got much further to go.

Really struggling to decide what to do with AFC energy. I got in early at 18p. My plan was to hold well over a year. Tempted to sell now and buy again if it drops below 50p

8 hours ago, Trumpet said:

UFO seems to be on the rise again. But with end of year trading who knows where it’ll go. I keep hearing things about Mosman Oil (MSMN) at its current price I’m tempted to make it a new year roll - anyone here taken them on?

13 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Yeah exactly what I did at 1.8p, a bit early in hindsight but always best to take your stake out where you can and let the rest ride. I've been stung on RMS, but that was due to boardroom politics but it's usually been the other way for me where I've sold too early like EUA and ITM, but still happy I've made some money. 

18 hours ago, shailen said:

Yeah exactly what I did at 1.8p, a bit early in hindsight but always best to take your stake out where you can and let the rest ride. I've been stung on RMS, but that was due to boardroom politics but it's usually been the other way for me where I've sold too early like EUA and ITM, but still happy I've made some money. 

I also in RMS but tempted to hang on in for the moment as they have 3 diverse companies and any one of them good turn up trumps. I use to have quite a few AIM shares but switched to main market more, too many flops, although some of my AIM shares have been a success like Boohoo which I bought a few years ago for 14p and are now worth around £3.60 ish

6 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I also in RMS but tempted to hang on in for the moment as they have 3 diverse companies and any one of them good turn up trumps. I use to have quite a few AIM shares but switched to main market more, too many flops, although some of my AIM shares have been a success like Boohoo which I bought a few years ago for 14p and are now worth around £3.60 ish

I've now sold out of RMS only because of the whole mess with the board. I do believe in the product so will look to come back once all that is resolved. I agree, to pick a winner in AIM is tough but it's so much fun when you get it right. I'm 5x my original investment in eqt and your investment in boohoo has produced crazy returns. 

On 31/12/2020 at 08:25, Trumpet said:

Just exited at 3p. Still feel it will go further but a tidy profit is a tidy profit. Might go back in if it drops. 

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

Just exited at 3p. Still feel it will go further but a tidy profit is a tidy profit. Might go back in if it drops. 

Nicely done.

I’m still torn. Holding up nicely at 3p, mind. Might give it the rest of the week before I consider taking my entry.