Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2020

That time of year again, just three months later than normal lol 

The main draw is scheduled to start on the 31st, that’s if everything goes smoothly of course.

Thought I’d make the thread now though, as the Qualifiers are being televised on Eurosport for the first time. That means the Leicester contingent of Tom Ford, Joe O’Connor, Ben Woollaston and Louis Heathcote will be in action over the coming week.

Main draw will look like this...

1) Judd Trump vs 

16) Yan Bingtao vs 

9) Stephen Maguire vs 

8) Kyren Wilson vs 

5) John Higgins vs 

12) David Gilbert vs

13) Jack Lisowski vs

4) Mark Allen vs 

3) Mark Williams vs

14) Stuart Bingham vs

11) Ding Junhui vs

6) Ronnie O’Sullivan vs

7) Mark Selby vs

10) Shaun Murphy vs

15) Barry Hawkins vs

2) Neil Robertson vs

14 hours ago, kingfox said:

James Cahill goes from beating Ronnie last year, to now losing in the first round of qualifiers this year to 15 year old, Ben Mertens.

I know he was unlucky with draws in competitions due to his low rank but that argument only holds up for a few months. Wonder if he'll just cover around 70-100 in the rankings for the rest of his career.

32 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know he was unlucky with draws in competitions due to his low rank but that argument only holds up for a few months. Wonder if he'll just cover around 70-100 in the rankings for the rest of his career.

I believe he has a two year tour card, so if he continues to do poorly next season, he’ll be off the tour and will have to go through Q School to get back on it.

Nice to see some young players get good results over the first two days though, Mertens especially.

The Leicester duo of Joe O’Connor and Louis Heathcote in action right now.

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I believe he has a two year tour card, so if he continues to do poorly next season, he’ll be off the tour and will have to go through Q School to get back on it.

Nice to see some young players get good results over the first two days though, Mertens especially.

The Leicester duo of Joe O’Connor and Louis Heathcote in action right now.

Come on the boys. 

Joe got a great chance of making it. Louis maybe a year too early. 

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

How many spectators are being let in to the crucible when it starts? 

I had a look when tickets were released yesterday.

There was about 120 seats each side of the arena, and they were being sold in clusters of 1 up to 4, all in socially distanced bubbles.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I had a look when tickets were released yesterday.

There was about 120 seats each side of the arena, and they were being sold in clusters of 1 up to 4, all in socially distanced bubbles.

So around 1 in 4 in the whole arena, Thanks not too bad and a decent balancing act being letting people in and maintaining social distance.

Gary Wilson is out :jawdrop:

Shame as he's probably the best player outside the top 16 over the last couple of years (along with Brecel maybe) and would have made the top 16 during the season if it wasnt suspended I reckon.

Does anybody know why Selby has fallen off a cliff in the big tournaments over the last couple of years?

Watching him sometimes is really really painful, taking an age on a shot then missing an easy red by a mile, even his incredible safety game seems to have left him.

Just wondering if something behind the scenes has cracked off

6 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Does anybody know why Selby has fallen off a cliff in the big tournaments over the last couple of years?

Watching him sometimes is really really painful, taking an age on a shot then missing an easy red by a mile, even his incredible safety game seems to have left him.

Just wondering if something behind the scenes has cracked off

It's probably as simple as he's won it all, got the money in the bank and just doesn't want it as much anymore.  And who can blame him. He's had a phenomenal career. 

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

Bloody hell, O’Connor a whisker away from victory, Maflin snatches the frame, 5-5.

A proper 50/50 match unsurprisingly goes to a decider.

Done him that did, really thought he’d make it this year. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Done him that did, really thought he’d make it this year. 

A match with Maflin had decider written all over it, to lose in that manner though after being close at 5-4 is a sickener. Could even drop off the tour now can’t he, if results don’t go his way.

Over to Maflin now to stop Shrew Face Selt from being at the Crucible :fc:

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

A match with Maflin had decider written all over it, to lose in that manner though after being close at 5-4 is a sickener. Could even drop off the tour now can’t he, if results don’t go his way.

Over to Maflin now to stop Shrew Face Selt from being at the Crucible :fc:

Yeah he’s in a bit of bother really, like you said needs things to go his way. 

He’ll be gutted but he’s got a great temperament on him.