Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2020

In most matches World snooker tour mention players being at risk of losing their places on the tour. I thought there were around 12 players added to the tour each year, why are so many at risk, are they reducing the numbers on the tour or what by more than 12? You would have thought the lower ranked players who have got to 3rd round of qualifying would be fine with the points racked up this week.

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Nice to see Selt get absolutely battered.

Heathcote pulling a few frames back against McManus, tough task though.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I've not seen much of selt, any reason for the dislike?

I'm interested to know too. Seen a lot of similar messages on world snooker tour social media pages.

26 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm interested to know too. Seen a lot of similar messages on world snooker tour social media pages.

Looks like a twat, acts like a twat, plays like a twat.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Nalis said:

What even is this, what a strange match lol

Part of me wishes he qualified and got Bingham or something.

Surprised Tom Ford didn’t headbutt him. 

Selt is horrible in many ways, him at the Crucible is something you don’t want to see.

Maflin is 100 times more enjoyable to watch, and I’m glad he smashed that Shrew face looking cvnt.

From what I've gathered Ford said something like 'no wonder your games take so long'...selt didn't take that comment well.  Has selt done similar things? as I remember the likes of Steve Davis doing similar break off shots.  Not sure Ford should've commented TBH, not sure either of them look good after that but surely not just Selt to blame as it's a legal break off shot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/36421673

Well known fact that when Selt did have Twitter, he’d type his own name in the search bar and block anybody who said anything negative about him lol 

Anyway last day of qualifiers, only Tom Ford left of the Leicester lot. Dott vs Gould and Stevens vs Walden the two televised matches, so unlike yesterday Eurosport have picked well today.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

From what I've gathered Ford said something like 'no wonder your games take so long'...selt didn't take that comment well.  Has selt done similar things? as I remember the likes of Steve Davis doing similar break off shots.  Not sure Ford should've commented TBH, not sure either of them look good after that but surely not just Selt to blame as it's a legal break off shot.

Kind of goes against the manner of the game, like an underhand serve at tennis lol however no need to comment, just get on with it 

Only a complete bell-cheese would break off like that as a professional player. It gains you no advantage whatsoever and the frame is back to normal within two or three shots. It only makes you look a twat. 

Edited by The Bear

Dott v Gould is another shit-fest. I've seen a better standard in my local league. I hope neither of them get to the competition proper. 

Dott in particular as a former World Champion should be embarrassed at the way he plays nowadays. His cue action is very poor and 'snatchy', with lots of body movement straight after contact. And whilst he has a bit of grit about him still, he doesn't put much thought into his shots and regularly leaves opponents in. 

Edited by The Bear

Gould through 10-6. Though didn't play particularly well. 

He said in his interview that the lockdown saved him from some personal demons. Then basically admitted breaking lockdown rules as he said his snooker club allowed him and his mate in on their own for him to practice the whole time!! 

On 21/07/2020 at 13:56, kingfox said:

Draw has just been done but as I can’t edit posts...

Main draw will look like this...

1) Judd Trump vs Tom Ford 

16) Yan Bingtao vs Elliott Slessor

9) Stephen Maguire vs Martin Gould 

8) Kyren Wilson vs Anthony Hamilton 

5) John Higgins vs Matthew Stevens 

12) David Gilbert vs Kurt Maflin 

13) Jack Lisowski vs Anthony McGill

4) Mark Allen vs Jamie Clarke 

3) Mark Williams vs Alan McManus 

14) Stuart Bingham vs Ashley Carty 

11) Ding Junhui vs Mark King 

6) Ronnie O’Sullivan vs Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

7) Mark Selby vs Jordan Brown 

10) Shaun Murphy vs Noppon Saengkham 

15) Barry Hawkins vs Alexander Ursenbacher 

2) Neil Robertson vs Liang Wenbo 

So Selby gets a debutant and Ford gets the defending champion.

Some very tasty matches though...

Ronnie vs Un Nooh, Robertson vs Wenbo, Higgins vs Stevens, Williams vs McManus and Gilbert vs Maflin the stand outs for me. 

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

Dott v Gould is another shit-fest. I've seen a better standard in my local league. I hope neither of them get to the competition proper. 

Dott in particular as a former World Champion should be embarrassed at the way he plays nowadays. His cue action is very poor and 'snatchy', with lots of body movement straight after contact. And whilst he has a bit of grit about him still, he doesn't put much thought into his shots and regularly leaves opponents in. 

Dott's had a pretty good season though. Final of the grand prix, semi of the German masters, earnt about £200,000 this season, which I think his 2nd best season ever.

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

Gould through 10-6. Though didn't play particularly well. 

He said in his interview that the lockdown saved him from some personal demons. Then basically admitted breaking lockdown rules as he said his snooker club allowed him and his mate in on their own for him to practice the whole time!! 

Hopefully he'll be ok, I actually thought he was a lot older than he is, still only 39.

Just me that thinks that second half of the draw is great on paper but not as good on the baize this season then?

Looking at the match ups I think there will be more non seeded 1st round winners in the second half than the first half.