Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2020

3 hours ago, String fellow said:

Strange things at The Crucible. 1.Very unconvincing 'false' applause. 2.The players sitting side-by-side with just a piece of perspex between them. However, it's great that this sport is back on our screens. The sheer sportsmanship shown when the players declare fouls against themselves is terrific.

1. I agree. It sounds really tinny and not very convincing at all. Needs to be binned. 

2. They always sit next to each other at the World Championship. The perspex is for Covid purposes. 

I know its been mentioned on the main threads but pointless interview questions are annoying and Rob Walker is the king of them:

'There's a lot of respect between you isnt there?'

'Who would you rather play in the next round?'

What answers are you expecting outside of 'Yes' and 'Dont mind who I play' respectively? 

Rob Walker is a good MC but sh it at post match interviews.

20 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Jeez does ebdon ever shut up?, his commentary is unbearable.

Bet he's wishing he was playing now instead of 20 years ago. No crowd to fall asleep watching him take two hours to score 19.

Bingtao really crumbling after being 9-2 up to Slessor. It's now 9-7 and Bingtao is missing and looking under pressure. 

His saviour is that if it goes 9-8 that will be the last frame and the match won't be finished until late tonight as they are over-running before the evening sessions start. 

Edited by The Bear

21 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Jeez does ebdon ever shut up?, his commentary is unbearable.

Joe Perry was the same earlier. Decent commentator but he does ramble on too much. 

The commentary on Eurosport is overall a better standard, with a few exceptions like Joe Johnson who can be a bit irritating at times in his disbelief at players going against his recommended shots.

Steven Hendry is probably my favourite overall at the minute on, along with Neal Foulds on Eurosport who is always consistently good. 

Edited by The Bear

34 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Bingtao really crumbling after being 9-2 up to Slessor. It's now 9-7 and Bingtao is missing and looking under pressure. 

His saviour is that if it goes 9-8 that will be the last frame and the match won't be finished until late tonight as they are over-running before the evening sessions start. 

Couldn't manage it. Lost 10-7.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Joe Perry was the same earlier. Decent commentator but he does ramble on too much. 

The commentary on Eurosport is overall a better standard, with a few exceptions like Joe Johnson who can be a bit irritating at times in his disbelief at players going against his recommended shots.

Steven Hendry is probably my favourite overall at the minute on, along with Neal Foulds on Eurosport who is always consistently good. 

I miss Clive Everton 😔

I know people are saying Selby has nothing left to prove, has won it all, hasn't got it in him anymore etc but my god their has to be something else going on, when he is off he looks absolutely woeful. 

People like Robertson, Williams, Higgins, they have won it all yet never seem to look as bad as Mark has looked at times in the last couple of years. 

A few months back a few who are in his "circle" around the Coalville area were apparently saying that he was close to announcing an early retirement from snooker (had to be talked out of it) as he enjoys his pool more and wanted to give it a shot on the world pool circuit and to play in a Mosconi cup, no way surely??? 

It's really strange how Mark has totally lost form for a number of seasons, must be more to it than meets the eye. I remember he'd often win tournaments with his b game everyone always said he had the best b game in the business, I remember one of world titles he won he basically just ground it out throughout the comp. That granite has just vanished and without it his b game has gone from the best to definitely one of the worst of the big names, and how often does he bring his a game? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw him play really well in the last 3 years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's really strange how Mark has totally lost form for a number of seasons, must be more to it than meets the eye. I remember he'd often win tournaments with his b game everyone always said he had the best b game in the business, I remember one of world titles he won he basically just ground it out throughout the comp. That granite has just vanished and without it his b game has gone from the best to definitely one of the worst of the big names, and how often does he bring his a game? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw him play really well in the last 3 years. 

Can remember him playing better than this, dire.