Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2020

Anthony Hamilton withdraws due to coronavirus concerns. Went through qualifying knowing full well what the situation was going to be like, takes his money and withdraws. I guess he has the right to earn as much as he can, but its a bit shit.

Does that mean his qualifying opponent will get called? or does his first round opponent get a bye.

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Anthony Hamilton withdraws due to coronavirus concerns. Went through qualifying knowing full well what the situation was going to be like, takes his money and withdraws. I guess he has the right to earn as much as he can, but its a bit shit.

Does that mean his qualifying opponent will get called? or does his first round opponent get a bye.

They had barry hearn on talksport this morning who sounded pretty angry about this, and said his opponent gets a bye.

50 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah that isn’t good from Hamilton at all... 

Whether you agree or disagree I think its great to see some crowd back in a venue watching some live sport.

Really struggled to get into the resumption of the football season so buzzing to have the worlds for the next couple of weeks

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Whether you agree or disagree I think its great to see some crowd back in a venue watching some live sport.

Really struggled to get into the resumption of the football season so buzzing to have the worlds for the next couple of weeks

Surprised the fans weren't made to wear masks, only seen 2 with them on and they were Chinese.

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Surprised the fans weren't made to wear masks, only seen 2 with them on and they were Chinese.

Looks like they will be the only one's able to watch some live snooker now after today's announcement. 

Yeah I read somewhere that it's was mandatory to wear masks around the arena and upon entry but not once they were sat in the theatre which is a bit strange. 

Probably an unpopular opinion on this but Ford is a solid top 32 player, nothing more nothing less. Nothing wrong with that at all either as seeded players dont want to draw him in main draws. He'll reget not taking more of an advantage of Trump's poor form this morning to have a 6-3/7-2 lead but when Trump shifted gear Ford didnt really have much of a chance.

11 hours ago, Nalis said:

Probably an unpopular opinion on this but Ford is a solid top 32 player, nothing more nothing less. Nothing wrong with that at all either as seeded players dont want to draw him in main draws. He'll reget not taking more of an advantage of Trump's poor form this morning to have a 6-3/7-2 lead but when Trump shifted gear Ford didnt really have much of a chance.

He is frustrating, plays such a good game and has the shots... but those errors are criminal. Just can’t do that

Strange things at The Crucible. 1.Very unconvincing 'false' applause. 2.The players sitting side-by-side with just a piece of perspex between them. However, it's great that this sport is back on our screens. The sheer sportsmanship shown when the players declare fouls against themselves is terrific.

Edited by String fellow