Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2020

Procrastinating from work and seeing Jordan Brown makes me think if we've had players at the crucible covering name of the colours. I'll start:

fRED Davis

Jordan BROWN

Gerard GREENe

Jimmy WHITE

Yellow, Blue and Pink will be tough, there must be a player with the surname Black at the Crucible?

32 minutes ago, isaidno said:

I backed Allen to win the championship :nigel:

He's my favourite player basically as he's a fellow countryman but I think he relies too much on break building. When that goes his game isnt good enough in pains me to say.

In that second session he had no control of the cue ball and couldnt back it up as he kept missing half chances.

Fair play to Clarke though, looks like a decent player, took his chances and didnt crumble as sometimes its easy for unseeded players to fall to someone else's level when the seed is playing poorly.

That top half of the draw looks even more open than it did at the start of the tournament.

Edited by Nalis

On 29/07/2020 at 17:05, Nalis said:

Just me that thinks that second half of the draw is great on paper but not as good on the baize this season then?

Looking at the match ups I think there will be more non seeded 1st round winners in the second half than the first half.

This aged well....

Anyone see the fall out between McGill and Clarke earlier? McGill got annoyed as they were both exchanging shots, Clarke hadn't sat down and was stood his eyeline. Asked him to move, which he did, and for me that's should have been it. But McGill kept bringing it up to the referee, followed Clarke out the arena at the end of the frame, brought it up again with the referee on his return to make him have a word with Clarke.

McGill probably doing it to get in Clarke's head, and it worked, he won the next 5 frames. But wasn't particularly sportsman like from McGill if he was trying to get into Clarke's head, and if he wasn't then he's made something out of nothing.

• Like 1