Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Hot" Threads

What is the specific criteria the site uses to flag a thread as "Hot"? I'm guessing the thread needs x amount of posts within a certain time period, but what are the specifics? 

Not sure if it's just me, but I feel like the criteria for making a thread "hot" has gone down..that or more people are using the forum :D

Regardless, can the criteria be heightened or controlled when actual news is available? I remember a few years back the excitement of a thread going "Hot". But now it's either just a few posts in a short space of time, or fish puns, or something else..:whistle:

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

What is the specific criteria the site uses to flag a thread as "Hot"? I'm guessing the thread needs x amount of posts within a certain time period, but what are the specifics? 

You're right but it's not been altered in 4 years, I think its often like this during transfer windows.

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

You're right but it's not been altered in 4 years, I think its often like this during transfer windows.

Fair enough Mark, maybe it's just me! I just don't recall so many threads getting so hot during previous transfer windows..maybe the frustrations over not signing anyone is tipping people over the edge...:whistle:

Just be more cynical. I always assume a hot thread in transfer talk is just being spammed by idiots trying to force puns that don't work, so I'm never disappointed.

(Aware someone's going to be tempted to reply to this with a bad pun. Well done you.)

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just be more cynical. I always assume a hot thread in transfer talk is just being spammed by idiots trying to force puns that don't work, so I'm never disappointed.

(Aware someone's going to be tempted to reply to this with a bad pun. Well done you.)

Bad pun

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Walkers said:

Don't get why it offends people tbh. Hot threads can appear during a debate or conversation, doesn't mean everyone is jumping in reacting to a bit of breaking news.

That said I can understand the frustration of hot threads with fish puns

I agree ...  modern forward thinking football forums are no plaice for fish puns ...   their only porpoise is just to antagonise people.