Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, peach0000 said:

He was scoring goals in Poland before, I don't get the point.

Let me ask you this then, who would be your front three if you were England manager?

Apart from Kane, struggling to name two other decent international class players

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are selected on the basis of your club form which Sancho has done consistently better than any other English winger. 

Now come on, Demi is competition for him

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

So do you pick players on their recent form of scoring double figures in a major league or do you pick players on what may happen in four years time? 

:blink:

No, you pick players based on what club they play for.

Then act suprised that they failed for the last 30 consecutive years.

Guest StevieLynex

Not sterling?

That's the problem, there is no valid alternative to Sancho imo. 

I'm afraid that Sterling falls into the category of vastly over hyped players, who only look good because they play for the big teams 

It probably won't be but that should be what sees Southgate gone. Absolute rubbish campaign and the fact anyone could think otherwise sums up how far we truly are off being a top side. We scored 3 goals in 5 games (2 penalties, 1 fluke deflection as well by the way), have finished below Denmark having failed to score past them in 2 games. The mad thing is tonight was probably the best performance England put in of any of the nations league games.

Just now, StevieLynex said:

I'm afraid that Sterling falls into the category of vastly over hyped players, who only look good because they play for the big teams 

I think I'll just agree to disagree. To me a front three of sterling, Kane and Sancho is world class to you it's not. That's football for you, everyone views it differently!

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex

I think I'll just agree to disagree. To me a front three of sterling, Kane and Sancho is world class to you it's not. That's football for you, everyone views it differently!

Absolutely. Everyone has the right to express their thoughts and views.

It is great, but with how Southgate is setting the team up so defensively we won’t see the best of it... 

Just now, Otis said:

No, you pick players based on what club they play for.

Then act suprised that they failed for the last 30 consecutive years.

Not defending it but its the same with most nations, the core of the players come from the bigger clubs.

I'm not sure singling out Sancho though as I don't see too many credible options as opposed to him on the right at the moment. Furthermore some young players tend to need a bit of time to grow into the England shirt, Sterling being an example of this after a good start when he first broke through.

The calls for Maddison are way off imo, he's went back the way the last year or so and has it all to prove again imo. I'm not the biggest fan of Mount but he's done far more than Maddison of late to warrant a place in the squad.

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is great, but with how Southgate is setting the team up so defensively we won’t see the best of it... 

Oh yeah, in my opinion Southgate is the problem and not the players. The player to me are very very good. Southgate however doesn't know how to use them and doesn't have the necessary managerial skills to use them. 

Sancho is class.

The formation and the system just doesn't suit us nor have enough creativity. As soon as we go behind we usually have no chance of turning the game around. Add to this Southgate was never a great manager anyway, he doesn't have enough knowledge to turn the game around with subs or changing the formation.

Grealish was the shining light tonight.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

He's having to play defensively, because he knows that if he plays a back four, with the likes of Maguire, Chilwell, Dier/Mings, and Walker) we will be ripped apart at international level

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Come on now that's just silly, look at the guys stats the last couple of years.

For England? Goal against the mighty Kosovo

I think England actually have a very good generation of players at the moment, middle to front anyway, defense is poor and needs sorted mind you. The biggest issue for me is the manager, a guy that got the bullet at Middlesborough is not good enough to manage England, fluking his way to a world cup semi-final doesn't change that.

• Like 4

We have probably the worlds outstanding right back prospect as well but Southgate won’t use him. Or if he doesn’t bodges him at RWB. 

His constant use of Walker is up there with his obsession on Mount (stems from his assistant being his manager through the Chelsea youth ranks).