Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Guest Underfan
6 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Which game ?

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Anyway aside from you getting his last cap wrong, as Moore94 says he was injured for most of the season in 2019/20, played only 2 games, so this season will be a bit of playing himself back onti fitness and form. Prior to the injury he was scored 15, 22 and 16 in the league alone. Under has never got close to those statements, he's never hit double figures.

Mt statistics are from Transfermarkt.com which shows him retired from national team. All statitistics belong to that site which is highly respectable.

https://www.transfermarkt.com.tr/florian-thauvin/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/184892/plus/0?saison=2020&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Just now, SecretPro said:

Non-Leicester Fan Nambys crying about Ünder not playing and people rising to it. Didn't people learn from the Algerian contingent? 

Erm, some of those crying aren't Turks. There's plenty of English fans moaning about him not playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Underfan said:

Mt statistics are from Transfermarkt.com which shows him retired from national team. All statitistics belong to that site which is highly respectable.

https://www.transfermarkt.com.tr/florian-thauvin/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/184892/plus/0?saison=2020&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

That's his debut date, not retirement date.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, that is no way a certainty, and if offering this chance depletes our defensive capability, why the hell would we take such a chance?  :dunno:

Rodgers has gone on record as saying he expects more goals from out wide. Barnes is doing that, Albrighton and Lerez aren't. He brings Ünder in and doesn't give him a chance even though the other two already still failing to provide what Rodgers is demanding. Ünder's defensive contribution is as good, if not better than Barnes as well. Hmmmmmm

• Like 4

Just now, Underfan said:

Yeah, but he didn't retire in 2017. He hasn't been in the squad since he got injured in 2019, because you know injury, and covid, there hasn't been all that many games. I'm sure he'll be back, that ex player thing is an error.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers has gone on record as saying he expects more goals from out wide. Barnes is doing that, Albrighton and Lerez aren't. He brings Ünder in and doesn't give him a chance even though the other two already still failing to provide what Rodgers is demanding. Ünder's defensive contribution is as good, if not better than Barnes as well. Hmmmmmm

Barnes get the benefit of the doubt by the virtue of 14 goals and 13 assist in 77 games.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Underfan said:

I may have confused debut with retire, but he is an ex national player in any case. 

For example, I can tell you with certainty Ricardo hasn't retired, nor is he an ex international, he's just missed a year, but that site says he's a former international 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ricardo-pereira/profil/spieler/215876

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Barnes get the benefit of the doubt by the virtue of 14 goals and 13 assist in 77 games.

Barnes is one of the first names on any team sheet for us and rightly so. Can we afford to have Ünder and him playing in a 4-1-4-1? If not then why sign him really. Rodgers has become more pragmatic this season and maybe it is going to pay off for us.

Guest Underfan

Just now, Facecloth said:

No he's not. He's been out the squad with injury.

Transfermarkt says he is an ex national player, i am their voice. I have never recall him play in any case. Explain me how he will be an  improvement over Albrighton and ayoze perez.  

I also thought we should of just played Under in the Wolves match, they knew what to expect from Nacho and Vardy. It would have been a suprise element for Wolves if we had bought him on. And for us we could have seen him in a proper League game. I kind of missed  the games that he played in, and want to see him in action properly.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Transfermarkt says he is an ex national player, i am their voice. I have never recall him play in any case. Explain me how he will be an  improvement over Albrighton and ayoze perez.  

Look at his stats prior to his injury. 

Tell me how Under is an upgrade on them, considering he's in the same squad as them right now and can't get a game over them.

And I don't care what the website says, I've already proven it wrong. I expect they mark you as a former international when you are out of the squad for over a year.

Edited by Facecloth

6 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Transfermarkt also says the following players are ex internationals

James Maddison

Ricardo Pereira

Wilfred Ndidi

Miss some games through injury or don't get called up and they seem to put it as you have retired, which is not the case for any of those players or Thauvin

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes is one of the first names on any team sheet for us and rightly so. Can we afford to have Ünder and him playing in a 4-1-4-1? If not then why sign him really. Rodgers has become more pragmatic this season and maybe it is going to pay off for us.

I'm not convince Under was a pirmary target for RM, more of a decent short term stop gap and a opportunity to have a closer look.

I think we can if we have a fully fit back 4 and Wilf, however its been hard to do that this season.

Leading to achnage of shape which opened the door for Marc getting more game time and performing at a level that has made him hard to drop

I think we will see a more of Under in the next few weeks because of the overall workload. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Hopefully it will make someone offer us a fee, one of the last bits of deadwood to go.

Only 1 year left on his deal as well, so even if we can't sell him we can probably get someone to do a loan deal to cover the majority of his wages before he does one for free the following summer

• Like 1