Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

As i said, that is what BR says in the article ...    doesn't really matter what the FT stats say ..

IMG_5682.jpg

Its unusual to put that out their in the public domain where the player can see it. Both embarrassing and harsh for any player. Things like that should be kept in private.

I've been an advocate of Under so far and I believe he could be the real deal. However its looking likely now that he'll be off back to Roma in the summer. Cant see city paying €24 million with comments like that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Its unusual to put that out their in the public domain where the player can see it. Both embarrassing and harsh for any player. Things like that should be kept in private.

I've been an advocate of Under so far and I believe he could be the real deal. However its looking likely now that he'll be off back to Roma in the summer. Cant see city paying €24 million with comments like that.

Rodgers has mentioned about players not looking onto social media comments too much, so would make sense the comments made across the Internet are on the clubs radar. So do you think maybe the almost obsessive attitude of some people regarding Unders inclusion, or lack of, might have made Rodgers feel he had to speak out to make it clear there are no issue with the players attitude, there hasn't been a falling out, it's purely a selection policy, and he's made it clear right now he's down the pecking order at the minute, but he can get himself further up by improving in certain areas.

In fact he did something similar when Perez wasn't getting a look in earlier in the season, spoke about where he saw him in the squad at that point and what was required and the door was open. Some fans might disagree, but Perez has done enough in Rodgers eyes to get back in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Rodgers has mentioned about players not looking onto social media comments too much, so would make sense the comments made across the Internet are on the clubs radar. So do you think maybe the almost obsessive attitude of some people regarding Unders inclusion, or lack of, might have made Rodgers feel he had to speak out to make it clear there are no issue with the players attitude, there hasn't been a falling out, it's purely a selection policy, and he's made it clear right now he's down the pecking order at the minute, but he can get himself further up by improving in certain areas.

In fact he did something similar when Perez wasn't getting a look in earlier in the season, spoke about where he saw him in the squad at that point and what was required and the door was open. Some fans might disagree, but Perez has done enough in Rodgers eyes to get back in.

Irrespective, he's put it out their in the public domain. Those comments should be private between the player and the club. Imagine how Maddison would feel if it happened to him? (although it wouldn't happen to him would it). 

This has nothing to do with social media comments, it falls under public media comments and any other club under the can see what BR has quoted which is why I disagree with it. 

At the end of the day if BR isnt happy with him then send him packing back to Roma, but I believe their is a limit to public player criticism and even though sometimes it's the norm, I believe on this occasion hes overstepped the mark somewhat.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Irrespective, he's put it out their in the public domain. Those comments should be private between the player and the club. Imagine how Maddison would feel if it happened to him? (although it wouldn't happen to him would it). 

This has nothing to do with social media comments, it falls under public media comments and any other club under the can see what BR has quoted which is why I disagree with it. 

At the end of the day if BR isnt happy with him then send him packing back to Roma, but I believe their is a limit to public player criticism and even though sometimes it's the norm, I believe on this occasion hes overstepped the mark somewhat.

But you're fine with him doing it to Perez?

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I don't see a lot wrong with BR comments, he just explain the reasons behind team selection. Its hardly controversial for a manager to take about an attacking players ability to tracking back.

I've thought his done it for a reason, maybe to motivating Under, many top level manager use the media in this way.

• Like 4

Just now, UHDrive said:

When have I ever said that? My opinion is the same for all players.

Well its just your opinion. I don't think it's harsh at all, and it puts to bed all the clammering for him to play every week. Lots of our fans for some weird reason seem up in arms on a weekly basis that he's not starting, he's started to be asked by the media now as they've probably picked up on it, he wants to put I to bed why he isn't selecting him. We can draw a line under (no pun intended) it now, we know Rodgers see shortcomings in his game, so no more questions, no more speculation.

Every week he appears in front of the press and talks about his players, where we lacked or excelled in previous games, why he's made changes, why player A was picked over player B. Now he's talking about your golden boy it's suddenly a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Underfan
13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Are you 12 years old.?

Try and carry yourself with some class.

No-one wants to read your juvenile inane remarks.

I made an irony to a third party intruder who called everyone to  laugh at my discussions with someone else and resembling it to a discussion between a fc**er and a random Algerian. " No-one wants to read your insane remarks" Are you the representative of every one? If so you should be a little bit wiser and unprejudiced not to jump into conclusions before reading all or asking why?  If you are are advovating the guy who so called ignored me, tell him not to intrude into a soccer discussion with "fuc**ers" " random algerians"which is infact the real insane and disgusting to do.

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Absolutely. You never see man city or liverpool do it. In fact liverpool in their title win last season practivally played the team all through the season and into some of the cup matches too and CL as well as the season being condensed in matches I.e. 2 a week. Totally agree about players and fatigue and I think it's been proven by many teams over the years that if you have a team that gel (like we were both last year in and around the Southampton game and most of this season but only up until november/december). You can see Cags with a lack of confidence now on the ball. The beginning of the season with Fofana/evans/Castagna/JJ/Barnes/Maddison/Tielemans/Ndidi/Perez/vardy was fantastic and the style they played made them naturally attack and I didnt see one fatigued player during that time even through the Europa games (aside from some injurys). BR is losing his own philosophy a little and I can only hope that we get back that team above and be the best that we can be.

Players were most likely less fatigued earlier in the season because it was, ahem, earlier in the season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Underfan said:

I made an irony to a third party intruder who called everyone to  laugh at my discussions with someone else and resembling it to a discussion between a fc**er and a random Algerian. " No-one wants to read your insane remarks" Are you the representative of every one? If so you should be a little bit wiser and unprejudiced not to jump into conclusions before reading all or asking why?  If you are are advovating the guy who so called ignored me, tell him not to intrude into a soccer discussion with "fuc**ers" " random algerians"which is infact the real insane and disgusting to do.

You're lacking a bit of context here I think.  Back when Mahrez played for us, all Leicester City social media (here, twitter, facebook etc.) experienced a bit of a spike in popularity with Algerian football fans.  It was an interesting experience.  When Mahrez moved to Man City so did his fans.  The other poster is just drawing an obvious comparison now that another one of our players has attracted a contingency of fans from his home nation.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Thanks 1

Guest Underfan

Why people need to state "Ignore function activated". As if they are very important and  their ignoring someone will leave devastating affects ?

Anyway

Cengiz Under gave an interview to the Turkish S Sport Tv on February the Fifth;

https://youtu.be/oSkSYVKTexY

In summary he says;

He first heart transfer rumours of his loan to Leicester, both him and Caglar were surprised than Brendan called him personnally and he was  effected by Brendan's calling him personally and they have talked for 30 minutes.

He is glad to join Leicester.

He had worked with Raineri in Rome and chatted about Leicester and he had rooted for Leicester's 2016 trophy win.

Leicester has an unprecedented spaceship alike great training premises at where he is currently lodging.

I like playing in front of fans,  i like showing my talents to the fans.

I want to play with Vardy much more, he insanely smells goal positions,  I feel and know that i can have him score more and i deserve to play more too.

When asked about competition between him and  Barnes, Albrighton, Ayoze he replied all of them are hardworking players, Barnes especially sustained an excellent performance, Albrighton might be one of the greatest runner I have ever seen, during training I watched Albrighton with surprise/awe, Albrighton is a very goodplayer but also a very good personality likewise Perez. But all of us has different game style. 

I want to play, i am giving my all on the pitch and i believe i proved my self in most of the games i played.

i get bored when sitting on the bench, i am always expecting chance to play and believe soon I will wear the jersey and will never sit than again.

I think i need to play much more. Belive me i am training very hard to the limit.

Likewise I said in Rome I am confident that once I score a goal in premier League rest will come.

The remaining part is about his 12 years of friendship with Caglar and Euro 2020.

Guest Underfan
6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You're lacking a bit of context here I think.  Back when Mahrez played for us, all Leicester City social media (here, twitter, facebook etc.) experienced a bit of a spike in popularity with Algerian football fans.  It was an interesting experience.  When Mahrez moved to Man City so did his fans.  The other poster is just drawing an obvious comparison now that another one of our players has attracted a contingency of fans from his home nation.

That post was vulgar.

1 minute ago, Underfan said:

That post was vulgar.

Are we talking about the same comment?  This one:

19 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What makes me laugh about this is that somewhere in the depths of a Man City forum, some poor f***er is having this same conversation with a random Algerian. 

Literally just saying how you remind them of the Algerian fans who followed Mahrez here, then to Man City.  It contains the word fvcker but this is a football forum where people will use such terms pretty loosely, I wouldn't get hung up it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Literally just saying how you remind them of the Algerian fans who followed Mahrez here, then to Man City.  It contains the word fvcker but this is a football forum where people will use such terms pretty loosely, I wouldn't get hung up it.

I mean, if someone is going to get so upset and sensitive over a fairly jovial and off hand comment that had absolutely no offense attached to it then, you have to question wether or not football is for them. The etiquette attached to Golf or Croquet maybe more their speed. 

I always thought the atmosphere at Turkish games seemed very intimidating but it turns out it's just a stadium full of people absolutely raging that the opposing fans called the ref a fat b****rd!

Guest Underfan
10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

"Poor F**cker"  was referred to the poster whom  i was discussing fruiftully ( fruitfull to me), "random Algerian" was refered to me " how funny, lets laugh " was the class of the poster.

Guest Underfan
4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

:nigel:

You should treat people with regard to their ideas rather than their nationality.Cengiz is not the first Turkish player you played. I remember Muzzy Izzet, Inler, Caglar long before Cengiz. So dont worry about Turks fleeding in. 

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Not really. He's been asked the same question several times. I'm sure Rodgers has said that to him face to face. If Under is embarrassed by that then he's in the wrong line of work. Rodgers is communicating with grown up's not children. We should all be so lucky to have a boss who talks straight and doesn't carry hidden agendas.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

If anything surely against a wing backs is the one tile you don't need a wide man to be working back as much, it's a 1 vs 1.

I'm with Ric though, if Brendan is so scared of the other team, the pop Under on for Barnes and give him a rest after an hour ot so.

and you know the game better than Rodgers.........fair enough.

1 hour ago, Underfan said:

What's soccer? :D

Guest Underfan
12 minutes ago, SO1 said:

What's soccer? :D

19 minutes ago, SO1 said:

and you know the game better than Rodgers.........fair enough.

Come on man. Maybe I was mistaken about that vulgar post or not, but it is way history now.  By the way you shut down Filbertway as though no one cant make a tactical commentary if not proved himself as brendan rogers.How can a fan be better than a coach,is it possible. But Filbertway might be right, Brendan substituted Cengiz with Barnes (he was  lone striker, l know) and Cengiz made use wide spaces behind Arsenal defenders a few times and provided the assist.

Edited by Underfan
Filbertway added

54 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Why people need to state "Ignore function activated". As if they are very important and  their ignoring someone will leave devastating affects ?

Anyway

Cengiz Under gave an interview to the Turkish S Sport Tv on February the Fifth;

https://youtu.be/oSkSYVKTexY

In summary he says;

He first heart transfer rumours of his loan to Leicester, both him and Caglar were surprised than Brendan called him personnally and he was  effected by Brendan's calling him personally and they have talked for 30 minutes.

He is glad to join Leicester.

He had worked with Raineri in Rome and chatted about Leicester and he had rooted for Leicester's 2016 trophy win.

Leicester has an unprecedented spaceship alike great training premises at where he is currently lodging.

I like playing in front of fans,  i like showing my talents to the fans.

I want to play with Vardy much more, he insanely smells goal positions,  I feel and know that i can have him score more and i deserve to play more too.

When asked about competition between him and  Barnes, Albrighton, Ayoze he replied all of them are hardworking players, Barnes especially sustained an excellent performance, Albrighton might be one of the greatest runner I have ever seen, during training I watched Albrighton with surprise/awe, Albrighton is a very goodplayer but also a very good personality likewise Perez. But all of us has different game style. 

I want to play, i am giving my all on the pitch and i believe i proved my self in most of the games i played.

i get bored when sitting on the bench, i am always expecting chance to play and believe soon I will wear the jersey and will never sit than again.

I think i need to play much more. Belive me i am training very hard to the limit.

Likewise I said in Rome I am confident that once I score a goal in premier League rest will come.

The remaining part is about his 12 years of friendship with Caglar and Euro 2020.

That's a really good interview and although it reveals that he may be a little frustrated, he's not gone mardy and disrespectful of manager and colleagues. The type of game is very different to what he's used to and requiring of much more stamina perhaps. 

Rodgers made reference to the defensive aspect of his game and I think in that one particular aspect, Albrighton obviously gets the nod at this stage depending on the opposition. Yet when I've seen Under play he doesn't appear to shirk that side of his duties. The fly in the ointment for me is Perez and I know I go on about him but I'd hardly describe his defending as good and quite often he's the culprit in giving the ball away in the first place! Most people on here including me would generally agree that if Perez does play, there is a particular position that suits him best but ... that isn't stuck out on the right. Under with Albrighton for me are the natural choices there. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Underfan said:

"Poor F**cker"  was referred to the poster whom  i was discussing fruiftully ( fruitfull to me), "random Algerian" was refered to me " how funny, lets laugh " was the class of the poster.

My dude, you still haven't properly answered the question about how you'd feel if your club were dominating the league and English fans came onto your team's forum to vigorously complain about the lack of game time for an English loan player who nobody's seen enough of to judge.  That was the crux of the conversation between you and @Facecloth at the time the offending comment was made, so I would say he is a bit of a poor fvcker in that context, it's a fair cop :D

As for it being funny:  It was amusing to see a very similar interaction to what we all remember from the Mahrez days.  You weren't a part of our community then so obviously the humour of the situation is lost on you.  You lack the memories that are being drawn on.  So yeah, I get that it's not funny to you, but it's also not a personal attack on you either.

Indeed please stop taking everything so personally.   @Countryfox's comment wasn't even about you, it was a response to events that, again, you won't have any memory of.  While we're on it, if somebody is actually being a jerk to you we can all talk about how hard it is to find their small dicks, but lets save that stuff for when it's actually needed.  Nothing's worse than a premature tiny penis.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can I politely suggest we back off a bit? I think a lot of nuance we native speakers all know is getting lost here. 

Yeah I'm done, just wanted to try ironing out the misunderstandings.

• Like 1