Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

31 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Agree, the best thing about Albrighton's recent attacking play has been the hockey assists.  I wish I could find that stat for football.

Maybe worth noting that he leads the club in big chances created (with 5, still only tied for 20th in the PL).  Under has 3 in his very minimal minutes, as many as Maddison.

You might understand how hockey players are rated +1 -1 and so on. Wonder if that might be a way to evaluate the intangibles. Just a thought as to understanding a player like Albrighton who's strengths like mentality, mobility, stamina, as well as lighting up Vardy when he came on the pitch yesterday. Just a thought when I saw the word hockey.

I see Under was criticized by Rogers for his lack of defensive duties but surely that can be coached into him? It's not his natural game and if he has never been utilized that way it can take a player a little time to adjust. He needs game time for that to happen. Until he get's to that point Ricardo has to do a little more work on his behalf. I seem to remember this is how it was with Mahrez and Simpson playing behind him. For Mahrez's lack of tracking back or putting a defensive tackle in his attacks leading to assists and goals was far more valuable to us. For man city now he's developed that side of his game a little more under Pep which started at Leicester. All I'm saying is I hope we give Under more chances this season and see what he can do. He has the potential to develop into a really top player for us.

Maybe there's room for both. We start our games with high intensity play with Under then as we seek to close out the game we bring Albrighton on.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I see Under was criticized by Rogers for his lack of defensive duties but surely that can be coached into him? It's not his natural game and if he has never been utilized that way it can take a player a little time to adjust. He needs game time for that to happen. Until he get's to that point Ricardo has to do a little more work on his behalf. I seem to remember this is how it was with Mahrez and Simpson playing behind him. For Mahrez's lack of tracking back or putting a defensive tackle in his attacks leading to assists and goals was far more valuable to us. For man city now he's developed that side of his game a little more under Pep which started at Leicester. All I'm saying is I hope we give Under more chances this season and see what he can do. He has the potential to develop into a really top player for us.

Maybe there's room for both. We start our games with high intensity play with Under then as we seek to close out the game we bring Albrighton on.

Mahrez and Simmo aren’t really comparable unfortunately, as yes Mahrez did not ‘do’ defending, but to offset that, Simmo did not do ‘attacking’. lol

Despite my previous posts, I would very much like to see Cengiz tear it up and it give Evil Brendan a tough decision to make.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

“We are doing fine without him, so carry on” is not an argument.  It’s boring to keep seeing without more substance.  There is a good argument for giving him enough minutes to show what he has.

- while it’s a fine XI, RW is the position that most needs strengthened.

- there’s so many games and muscle injuries, we are desperate for depth even at our strongest positions.

- we’ve lost or drawn matches, where if our shot production wasn’t minimal we might have gained points.

- per both his CV and the eye test, he’s a very promising RW, so let’s have a proper look to see if we should buy him in June.

I read Brendan's latest comments about Cengiz as a firm but carefully worded motivational nudge, a ploy he'll be likeliest to use when he is ready to play him.  Hope I'm right.

The team is doing fine is not a boring argument. The sum is always greater than the parts.

You list all those failing regarding the RW positions, yet he still can get a game. Does that not tell you something? Whilst he may bring something, we lose a lot more in the sum that is the team, or at least that how Rodgers feels to the point he is very rarely prepared to play him. Rodgers will know its an area we need to strengthen, it'll be one reason why he was loaned in to begin with, and I'm sure Rodgers can see he add to some of the aspects that our right wing currently lacks, but that's not enough to counter what the team loses as a whole by putting him out there regularly. 

Edited by Facecloth

Anyway let's hope should he start tonight that he has a good game, for the sake of the team. If he does and performs the dirty work the boss asks him to do, and curbs the slight greedy side of his game, and he still gets no minutes over the next few weeks, then I'll accept the fans pleas for him to play. If he doesn't then can we accept that Rodgers might have it right on this occasion.

He's got talent but I think he suits certain games, definitely not the ones that just like to sit back and defend. He likes space to run in to and we don't always come up against sides like that, and if we do, they're usually higher in quality. 

Hahah this thread. He is too greedy but he still offers a million times more than Perez. At least there is always the chance something will happen.

Interestingly I had a text off a non Leicester fan saying he was class just now. Not sure that was based on tonight's performance but I think it's more that they think Perez is garbage.

• Like 2