Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Why has this been close to the top of the page all day? Cant be arsed reading pages of posts.

People have been posting in it talking about why he might not be playing, simple as that. 

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We actually have zero goals from right wing this season in the league, yet we were supposed to strengthen that weakness from last season. We have a player who would give us goals if he was afforded the same amount of chances Albrighton and Perez get.

Criminal.

55 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm not sure you're getting what people are saying. Most of us are not Cengo fan boys. We're simply asking for him to play so that we can see whether he could be the solution to our weak right wing spot, it really is as simple as that. Surely that is worth a try for more times and minutes than he has already had? 

This, it was blatantly obvious he needed to come on against Wolves and give us an outlet, it was a snore fest watching our predictable sideways football in that game. they only needed to mark Barnes out of the game as we had no other attacking threat until Vardy came on.

Wolves are normally a conservative side yet when they saw we had no real attacking threat, they knew they could bomb on.

In Unders cameos of what we have seen, he would have stopped there right back from really advancing.

Rodgers goes on about he doesn’t defend enough, in this game Wolves would of never had so much joy down that right if he was on, sometimes it’s better to let the opposition worry about you, rather than the other way round 

It was a very lucky point in the end.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I reckon we should sign Under and Thauvin in summer, try and sell Perez.

I wouldn't imagine we'll be investing anything in Under, otherwise I think we'd be playing him. He'll cost far more than we rate him it. Think we'll sign Thauvin and that'll it be it on the right as we'll keep Albrighton.

• Like 1

Guest Underfan
9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I reckon we should sign Under and Thauvin in summer, try and sell Perez.

Both are left footed  inverted  right wingers, might be better to have one inverted and another classic crosser type right winger. 

2 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Both are left footed  inverted  right wingers, might be better to have one inverted and another classic crosser type right winger. 

Which is why I think we'll go for Thauvin and keep Albrighton.

• Like 1

Guest Underfan
1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I wouldn't imagine we'll be investing anything in Under, otherwise I think we'd be playing him. He'll cost far more than we rate him it. Think we'll sign Thauvin and that'll it be it on the right as we'll keep Albrighton.

Almost all news that starts with "Reports suggest" " it is said that." etc always proves wrong. Lets say Leicester sign Thauvin, considering his age he will end his career in leicester city, he already retired from French national team. His statistics are one goal per 335 minutes, one assist per 245 minutes in a team which is currently 9th in Lig 1, with 26 goals yielded against 29 scored. I think you have a gun of a player observe him more tomorrow against brighton.

1 minute ago, Underfan said:

Almost all news that starts with "Reports suggest" " it is said that." etc always proves wrong. Lets say Leicester sign Thauvin, considering his age he will end his career in leicester city, he already retired from French national team. His statistics are one goal per 335 minutes, one assist per 245 minutes in a team which is currently 9th in Lig 1, with 26 goals yielded against 29 scored. I think you have a gun of a player observe him more tomorrow against brighton.

You think that because you're such a fan you'll sign up to another teams forum to champion his cause. 

It's not my choice anyway. Everything points to the club not being overly impressed with Under and we've been link regularly with Thuavin so I think that's what they'll do.

8 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Sussed it ..  you’re his bloody agent ..  nice little earner on the back of the move eh ..  eh ..   am I right sir ..  eh ..

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Underfan said:

He hasn't retired from national football, and he is also a more proven footballer doing well in a mess of a team

This season he has a better goal contribution record than Under (1 every 122.5 minutes vs 1 every 141.2 minutes), he missed pretty much all of 2019/20 due to injury, but has come back and is performing to the levels he was performing at previously

His last full season (2018/19) he got 18 goals and 9 assists (goal contribution every 108.9 minutes)

Season before that (2017/18) he got 26 goals and 17 assists (goal contribution every 96.7 minutes)

Season before that (2016/17) he got 15 goals and 12 assists (goal contribution every 129.6 minutes)

Under is 24 in the summer and he has never had a season where he reached double figures for either goals or assists in the league, in the current financial climate I would much rather we attempted to sign the proven winger, rather than the "project" player who would likely take up a large proportion of our budget for the transfer window

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Guest Underfan
5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You think that because you're such a fan you'll sign up to another teams forum to champion his cause. 

It's not my choice anyway. Everything points to the club not being overly impressed with Under and we've been link regularly with Thuavin so I think that's what they'll do.

I sincerely advised that a Thauvin transfer is meaningless. But you assume I talk bad on Thauvin to get a leverage on Under. Why adding your good team a Newcastle veteran when you have the brightest youngest one currently in your squad. Or you may not sign Under and play ayoze, albrighton and sometimes praet on the right wing. You should find a way to fill in Vardy next year.Since there is no Vardy like player maybe  It is more clever for you  to spend money on a Aboumeyang type forward (or perhaps buy himself) fast and precise player. 

3 minutes ago, Underfan said:

I sincerely advised that a Thauvin transfer is meaningless. But you assume I talk bad on Thauvin to get a leverage on Under. Why adding your good team a Newcastle veteran when you have the brightest youngest one currently in your squad. Or you may not sign Under and play ayoze, albrighton and sometimes praet on the right wing. You should find a way to fill in Vardy next year.Since there is no Vardy like player maybe  It is more clever for you  to spend money on a Aboumeyang type forward (or perhaps buy himself) fast and precise player. 

You say he's a bright youngster, but he can't get a game, so I'm not having it. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. Maybe we want sign Thauvin because we want someone who has will make an immediate impact rather than someone we need to develop. We have a relatively young squad anyway with Barnes, Tielemans, Maddidon, Ndidi, Forfana, Soyuncu, Justin, Hamza, Iheanacho, and Thomas all involved regular with the first team squad that are all developing, maybe we want someone who we don't have to work much on.

I don't know what we'll do about Vardys replacement. I think what most fans envisage is a young understudy to learn from him, or someone who's proven at this level who'll happily share the workload.

Guest Underfan
11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He hasn't retired from national football, and he is also a more proven footballer doing well in a mess of a team

This season he has a better goal contribution record than Under (1 every 122.5 minutes vs 1 every 141.2 minutes), he missed pretty much all of 2019/20 due to injury, but has come back and is performing to the levels he was performing at previously

His last full season (2018/19) he got 18 goals and 9 assists (goal contribution every 108.9 minutes)

Season before that (2017/18) he got 26 goals and 17 assists (goal contribution every 96.7 minutes)

Season before that (2016/17) he got 15 goals and 12 assists (goal contribution every 129.6 minutes)

Under is 24 in the summer and he has never had a season where he reached double figures for either goals or assists in the league, in the current financial climate I would much rather we attempted to sign the proven winger, rather than the "project" player who would likely take up a large proportion of our budget for the transfer window

Oh come on he hasnt been called to National team since 2017. And in this season of 2020/2021

He played 22 matches in Ligue 1 , 1 in  french Cup, 6 in Championship League in total 2205 minutes scoring 7 assisting 9. It is not better than Under's (1 every 122.5 minutes vs 1 every 141.2 minutes). 

As you are an expert on Thauvin could you please explain how he will help defensively.

4 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Oh come on he hasnt been called to National team since 2017. And in this season of 2020/2021

He played 22 matches in Ligue 1 , 1 in  french Cup, 6 in Championship League in total 2205 minutes scoring 7 assisting 9. It is not better than Under's (1 every 122.5 minutes vs 1 every 141.2 minutes). 

As you are an expert on Thauvin could you please explain how he will help defensively.

2017? He scored for France in 2019.

13 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Anyway aside from you getting his last cap wrong, as Moore94 says he was injured for most of the season in 2019/20, played only 2 games, so this season will be a bit of playing himself back in to fitness and form. Prior to the injury he was scored 15, 22 and 16 in the league alone. Under has never got close to those stats he's never hit double figures.

Edited by Facecloth