Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

On 30/08/2021 at 00:07, CAMBIASSOOOOOO said:

Im looking to get into Football Manager when the new one comes out. Not played these games for a long long time, probably back to the days of Champ Man to be honest.

Thinking of managing Arsenal as they seem like a good long term project, maybe Barca post Messi, but the game seems way more sophisticated than it used to be so could take a lot of learning.

You might be better to get a mobile version first. Not as in depth and would be a better transition from the old CM games. 

I won 1-3 and Marinhense got beat 4-1. Was comfortable in the end. We are up.

My wage budget has gone from about £3k a week for the whole squad to about £25k a week - which I'm not sure Lagos as a club can really afford but that's far more generous a budget than I was expecting. Steady second tier players are often happy to take about £1k a week so I think I can overhaul this squad and have us promoted probably within two seasons. We're the smallest club in the league and it's going to take some good scouting but Louletano, who we weren't a million miles off in the first season, finished 5th in their first year up.

Portugal strikes me as a relatively kind one to climb from probably the third tier (from 2021/22 anyway) to midtable of Liga NOS. Can see it getting tricky after that though.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not sure if you watch Zealand on YouTube or Twitch but he did a save with Oriental Dragons in Portugal and said pretty much this exact same line. 

I do watch his videos and it's quite funny how I started doing so. There was this poll on Twitter ages ago where they just asked for unpopular FM opinions and I said something flippant like "starting in any top tier is shit" (which I partially agree with but I've done it to get a reaction) and without even realising, this poll was created for Zealand to reply to some of the best ones and somebody's sent it to me that he's bitten at my tweet and called me out for it lol but it brought me to his channel and it's pretty good.

I've seen he was managing Oriental Dragon but haven't really followed the specifics of the save as such. Would probably watch a condensed version of the early days but it looks like his condensed Oriental Dragon videos started when he'd already gotten to Liga NOS.

It'll definitely get trickier but once again I've found myself breezing these lower leagues, and it's done with such basic tactics as well.

57 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Did you download an update or sort it yourself? Can’t seem to find an update that’s up to date 

I just signed and sold all the appropriate players. If you start with sugar daddy, you have more than enough cash to get them all. 

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Haha, that's pretty cool to be fair! lol 

And yeah, I don't really watch his save either, don't have the time to but agree I'd follow if it was condensed a bit more, just remember that comment he made about the Portuguese Leagues haha. Not done a lower league save abroad on this FM but the English Football League has become a bit shit now with work permits and teams in the Championship having silly money in comparison to a League 1/2 team coming through the divisions so think I might give one a go soon. 

I can't justify sitting through hours of someone else playing a game but I did want to see how he did in the early years at Oriental Dragon compared to how I've done at Lagos.

I'd recommend Germany if you fancied a foreign save. It's just a bit of a free for all - good facilities, good stadiums, no transfer restrictions, relatively generous fixture schedule. It's got a lot going for it.

So finished the first season at Leicester big injuries though the season pretty much done me in the end wilf was only available for the last 6 games of the season vardy out for a long period at the start then started scoring goals got to 21 then got another injury for the last 2 months of the season which left nacho to try and provide the goals which obviously meant he was going to go on a goal drought run which was pretty much the rest of the season 🙈 popped Barnes up with him and he started to score a few just not enough to keep me in the job finished 9th 🙈🙈 few clubs offer a job. Bournemouth , millwall and Norwich. Took the Norwich job still in the championship but somehow beat Utd in the fa cup and ended up in Europe so a decent budget and European football in the championship 😂 

I think we're gonna sneak up at the first time of asking. Midtable form for the first half of the season but from the turn of the year we've been on fire. Everyone who comes in just slots in with ease.

I had a winger on loan from Chile who was doing superbly but he broke his leg (along with two other serious injuries picked up in the same game) but I got a decent replacement in. We're playing catchup so we may fall short but I'm sticking 3/4 past virtually everybody lately.

In the third tier we seemed to be average going forward but brilliant defensively. In the second tier, with the same tactic and a lot more signings, we've very average defensively but excellent going forward.

Winning 1-5 at 2nd placed Gil Vicente has convinced me I can go up.

4 hours ago, shen said:

Sounds like your strikers had a bet going on the outcome lol

I'm not managing Porto!

Conceicao on the wing for them was a disgrace. He must've fluffed about 10 chances, including a penalty. Ridiculous that he leaves the game with an 8.6 and sums up a flaw in the match engine. He should've got no higher than a 5.

FM needs you to be able to essentially communicate "throw the game". I'm in that Allianz Cup, it's an absolutely awful tournament and you go into a group of 4 teams, playing each team once. I got Braga, Rio Ave and Pacos de Ferreira. I got 1 point from Braga & Rio Ave but only the group winner goes through, and us and Pacos de Ferreira are both now out, meaning we play the most pointless fixture imaginable.

I've changed the entire XI and we're getting our arses handed to us. I feel like I should bollock them but I also feel like I shouldn't, because I don't really care at all. There needs to be a "meh, I'm not bothered" type of option.

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

FM needs you to be able to essentially communicate "throw the game". I'm in that Allianz Cup, it's an absolutely awful tournament and you go into a group of 4 teams, playing each team once. I got Braga, Rio Ave and Pacos de Ferreira. I got 1 point from Braga & Rio Ave but only the group winner goes through, and us and Pacos de Ferreira are both now out, meaning we play the most pointless fixture imaginable.

I've changed the entire XI and we're getting our arses handed to us. I feel like I should bollock them but I also feel like I shouldn't, because I don't really care at all. There needs to be a "meh, I'm not bothered" type of option.

Hand it over to the assistant :P

So after an unsuccessful save with Leicester thought I would give it another try, same result in getting sacked at the end of the season for finishing mid table 😂 doesn’t help at the start of the season you have 1 mil to spend and so many injuries. Then get a decent run of results and then vardy gets injured again for 3 months 🙈 don’t think I have ever had a decent start with Leicester. 

• Sad 1

Finally after another attempt managed to last the season with Leicester 😂😂 managed to finish 6th and fa cup final which I lost to Chelsea in. The injuries always seem to be big ones which never helps. Now once I get sacked form Leicester can attempt to keep playing now I have achieved the impossible and not been sacked in the first season 🙈😂

• 2 weeks later...

Our 2030-31 season ends up being our best ever season! An unbeaten quadruple as we win every competition without losing a game all season, record points hall in the League, and our first ever Champions League win!

My front 3 were absolutely unreal, 2 of them with 40+ goal contributions and the other with 30, not to mention my centre back pairing getting 18 goals between them (corner tactic OP)

image.png.4b26a0de31ff0bd4fee6493e396a3127.png

image.thumb.png.3e4890618315567f319f7647e4ebabf7.png

Board have also decided to build a new stadium, hopefully named after me... lol

image.thumb.png.2723fc04f9fb6891ffea36501dd42640.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

New FM out next month. As usual I’ll be all over it like a fly round shit despite it being pretty much identical barring the transfers between versions and play it like maniac for a couple of weeks then not bother again.

I’ve avoided FM since 2018 which has allowed me to waste my life in entirely different ways, however I decided to try out FM21 on the Xbox Series X just out of curiosity since it’s available on Game Pass.

Goodness me, it was total shit.

Games with menu systems as complex as FM don’t translate at all to console.