Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Interesting tactical analysis from an Arsenal fan:

Our defensive shape was brilliant. Harvey also did a great job of man-marking Partey. 

It highlights why Barnes was chosen instead of Iheanacho. With the set up we had, whoever was given the task of marking Partey had to be extremely disciplined otherwise the whole plan would’ve been undone. 

Vardy is probably instructed to do this more often than we realise, but the Arsenal fan’s analysis really did highlight it. They were always going to have chances, they have some quality in the side, but we forced them wide and what chances they did have (in the main), were half chances. 

Playing that way does have it’s draw backs. Although with some resolute defending, a bit of luck and a striker who only needs one or two opportunities, you always have a chance. 

• Thanks 1

A really great win and a great defensive display.  The pass from Youri, the cross from Under and a fantastic header from Vardy.    I just love sending Arsenal fan tv into it’s almost weakly meltdown. 😜🦊. Vardy now level with Giggs on Premier League goals.

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Interesting tactical analysis from an Arsenal fan:

Our defensive shape was brilliant. Harvey also did a great job of man-marking Partey. 

Yeah, just goes to show, you don't always see the bigger picture when you are watching live. I'll admit, at about the 35-40 minute mark, I was saying this system is not working, Barnes is completely anonymous in that role, we need to change it at half time. It had completely bypassed me that he had been asked to do a man marking job in that role on Partney, but watching this now it's clear as day and he actually stuck to it really well. This then allowed us to adapt to our 2nd half tactics, knowing Vardy would only be good for a 30 minute stint. 

• Like 1