Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don't understand all the fuss about Arsenal's non goal. 

"Mikel Arteta can't understand why goal was ruled out!" 

Um, because two of your players were offside Mikel. One was distracting the keeper, one was committing a defender, both of whom could have cleared the ball if free. Do I need to get the salt and pepper shakers and the ketchup bottle and explain it to you? 

I was expecting an horrendous error the way people went on (I missed it live). It's as clear as day you can't stand in front of the keeper like that in an offside position.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but it doesn't even require this level of explanation. 

They're attacking players in the six yard box from a corner, that's already interfering with play enough. 

The rule was brought in for those situations where some player miles offside is running back with his arms up when a through ball goes through or is, say, down tying his shoe laces while a move is unfolded. 

It was never for and should never have been used for these ridiculous cases where attacking players are stood right in front of goalkeepers and we're ummming and aaaahhing over whether that's involvement. 

Yes but you are talking about what it should be not what it is.

16 hours ago, Thefoxman said:

il stick with my opinion that we were really poor and didn't deserve anything from that game. Not going to jump on the bandwagon because we made like one chance.

Are you really serious or is it a wind up?

Arsenal only had one shot on target 2nd half, but theirs didn't go in the net.........ours did!!!

2 hours ago, browniefox said:

The more I see the Lacazette missed chance the more I see a Fuchs handball, have we gotten away with that in the game too? Although I think if it was Laca would have been s reaming for it (if he saw it).

I thought nearly kicking Lacazette in the head was the main offense, but I guess it didn't quite constitute a clear and obvious error from the ref, according to the Var-sterds.

Which was nice.

• Like 1

So we have now annoyed Man City and arsenal by beating them 😂😂 lovely stuff. Honestly don’t get why they are moaning about us we are never going to win playing all out against them. Haven’t heard them moan about Burnley or teams that constantly play tht way. Same tactic could work against Leeds as well as they like to attack. May be boring to watch at times but you have to win ugly sometimes to get as high in the league as possible 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I was expecting an horrendous error the way people went on (I missed it live). It's as clear as day you can't stand in front of the keeper like that in an offside position.

I agree, we are fortunate though as Kasper isn’t getting near that regardless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Yes but you are talking about what it should be not what it is.

True but even with what it IS you can't just stand in front of a goalkeeper, literally in the path of the ball (he had to jump over it ffs) and claim you're not interfering with play.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I like to think I’m usually unbiased on these things. I don’t see the point of anything else once the game has finished. 

I’ve now seen it about 5 times and still don’t think it’s a goal. There is not even any ambiguity for me.

The closest one was the Fuchs high foot, although I still think that was called correctly. Certainly it wasn’t anything where there was enough certainty to overrule the decision. 

If xhaka is onside, I suppose arteta would be fine with us popping a few attacking players on the goaline next to Leno next time we have an attacking free kick, then have them duck as Maddison shoots. Not blocking Leno's view, so can't be offside right? Oh wait, no, he'd suddenly have a completely different interpretation of the rules for that instance. Just like how it's not fair if you counter attack against Pep, or tackle one of Klopps players, even if Trent and friends are happily booting the opposition in the Achilles.

Edited by orangecity23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I thought it was offside too but I guess it gives Arsenal an excuse for you winning.

Only seen it on MOTD though and Cahill was critical so maybe in a minority.

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

They were both standing offside and it restricted what both Schmeichel and Justin could do. Xhaka was making contact with Schmeichel before the corner came in.

No surprise it upheld the original decision.

• Like 2

Hope Lineker went over to MOTD studio B and slapped some heads please! Those plonkers saying VAR needed to step in for correcting that disallowed goal is shocking bias if I ever saw one. Not one of them commentators can see the blatant ploy to interfere with Kasper's space. It was a blatant ploy by the arse players to gain an advantage for that incoming cross. Assistant ref had a great view and it was as confident a call as we'll ever see. Respect to the ref for trusting his linesman, never any doubt. Just wish Arsetitta and his media lovers would stop with the moaning and just accept the loss for what it was. Move on for christ sake!

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Hope Lineker went over to MOTD studio B and slapped some heads please! Those plonkers saying VAR needed to step in for correcting that disallowed goal is shocking bias if I ever saw one. Not one of them commentators can see the blatant ploy to interfere with Kasper's space. It was a blatant ploy by the arse players to gain an advantage for that incoming cross. Assistant ref had a great view and it was as confident a call as we'll ever see. Respect to the ref for trusting his linesman, never any doubt. Just wish Arsetitta and his media lovers would stop with the moaning and just accept the loss for what it was. Move on for christ sake!

No chance VAR could over rule the decision because it wasn’t a clear and obvious Mistake... anyway that is what we were told last season with numerous things that went against us lol 

• Like 1

It was Good to see our older generation,give solid Holding performances.....Evans, Fuchs,Schmeichel Albrighton Short Cameo ...

oh!!!   And not forgetting  ol'man Steptoe.!!

I also cant find enough word or shower more Praise on Mendy, my MoM, probably in all our Games this season...

Now hes clear of injury...What a  new-old find !!!

Like with my 4 kids, I Dont have any present team favourites.,I enjoy all of them,even in their cranky moments..

But at present Mendy is for me Stealing quietly,Softly the highlights,if not necessarily the headlines....One could say Linch-pin of the side...I

I dont believe there is one man in our whole squad, who cant and wont give us a high PL Standard Performance & his all.

The biggest Threat to us in fact all the teams, progress & development is how Covid will Effect society therefore sport..!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If Vardy 100% fit and played the full 90 we possibly would have been better offensively, but as it was we played Barnes there and so the threat wasn't as much as it could have been. We executed a plan to near perfection, the only thing I think went wrong was that Barnes was as ineffective as he was, that got us into position to pull off the finishing move.

Regarding their disallowed goal, if a player who is in an offside position has to jump out of the way of the ball, especially when they're practically stood on the keepers toes a yard from the goal line, then they're offside. 

Yes agree with all of that. I think the fact vardy wasn’t fit and we used Barnes instead of kelechi was a concern for me. I thought kelechi would have held the ball up more, and bought other players into play.