Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

Just now, BKLFox said:

I don’t believe it’s anything to do with “not trusting Nacho” it’s all down to horses for courses, we played low block and were happy for them to have the ball, BR states Nacho great at holding up play and playing the neat slip passes but we didn’t need that as we weren’t going to be in and around their box that often. Barnes was preferred to provide a pacy outlet as and when the chance presented itself, that’s it in a nutshell no conspiracy 

This! Brendan explained it well. Kelechi seems happy. Brendan is a man manager and I'm certain has communicated to each and every player. It's a long season with many games. Players will suit different opposition and different tactics. No conspiracy at all.

• Like 2

Many felt Kelechi should have started up top and there's an argument for that. Brendan played Barnes mainly for his pace to chase the hurried clearances from defense. The problem was he doesn't yet have Vardy's awareness or positioning to play the role. That comes with experience.

What surprised me was that he didn't go with Gray to do the same job and giving Harvey a rest.

Still, It's hard to argue when Brendan's plan delivered the perfect result and for that he deserves credit. 

17 minutes ago, Hales said:

I think last night is really testament to the players. They all had a massive knock mentally last season but this season feels different. They are believing in Brendan, they are following his plan even when it feel to us like it's a bit dodgy and nervy. They remain disciplined and trust him.  They seem mentally stronger and there is less panic from them. It's also a massive show of how close they are as a team, when despite language barriers, the new signings have integrated so well already.  I think, and hope, this season is a turning point. Last season was a massive learning curve and it takes knocks sometimes to improve and never want that feeling again.  It's a journey and a process and they will all need more time still but to do what they have so far with a win in Europe and beating Arsenal and Man City is brilliant given our injuries and smaller squad.  Well done lads! 🥰👏👏

Excellent point, remember the effect of the Watford Championship Semi Final defeat, absolutely galvanised us the next season.

I'd have taken a draw. The majority of times to get wins at the big clubs, you need to play well or have the luck/decisions go in your favour, first half we got the decision and then second half we played well.

By keeping it tight and going into half time drawing, you give yourself a chance of getting a result in the second half, that's exactly what we needed to do and what we achieved, hats off to everyone involved.

Onto Athens we go.

28 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I don’t believe it’s anything to do with “not trusting Nacho” it’s all down to horses for courses, we played low block and were happy for them to have the ball, BR states Nacho great at holding up play and playing the neat slip passes but we didn’t need that as we weren’t going to be in and around their box that often. Barnes was preferred to provide a pacy outlet as and when the chance presented itself, that’s it in a nutshell no conspiracy 

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I just don't see how Nacho is going to have future here. Vardy out injured for 3 games he doesn't start 1 doesn't finish the other 2. Gets subbed for Slimani when we needed a goal. Gets subbed vs West Ham when we need a goal.

Makes 2 and scores one on Thursday, seemingly taken off to keep him fit for Arsenal game where he is replaced up front by Barnes.

This is not what happens when a manager has faith in a player to execute a plan. If his hold play is good then you play him as lone striker to hold the ball up and bring the wide pacy players into the game.

We’ve very seldom won games like that recently so I feel like that was a massive result. Of course it wasn’t exactly pretty but I’ve seen so many post match threads on here where we’ve dominated in terms of possession and shots but lost where people are saying “you’ve gotta put the ball in the net that’s the only stat that matters” so I’m baffled as to some of the comments. We’ve not won away to arsenal in a lot of poster’s lifetimes. The collapse last season was sickening and I understand we don’t want to see that kind of football every week but this current (still very young) team gets called “spineless/cowards/no fight/blah blah” all the time on here yet last night they battled and ground out a result. For me that was the best result of the season so far. Not the prettiest but purely as a result it was class. It’s also nice to sh1thouse a win sometimes, it’s glorious to watch the meltdown from Arsenal fans. 

Onwards and upwards. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't understand all the fuss about Arsenal's non goal. 

"Mikel Arteta can't understand why goal was ruled out!" 

Um, because two of your players were offside Mikel. One was distracting the keeper, one was committing a defender, both of whom could have cleared the ball if free. Do I need to get the salt and pepper shakers and the ketchup bottle and explain it to you? 

From the replays the positions of Xhaka and Kasper the moment Lacazette headed the ball were such that he wasn't impedeing Kasper, but the only reason Kasper was in that position was to move round the offside Xhaka, but Xhaka wasn't technically offside when Kasper moved.

I think ultimately the fact the linesman gave it as offside meant VAR didn't see enough to overrule, but if it hadn't been given offside I doubt VAR would have ruled out the goal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain... said:

From the replays the positions of Xhaka and Kasper the moment Lacazette headed the ball were such that he wasn't impedeing Kasper, but the only reason Kasper was in that position was to move round the offside Xhaka, but Xhaka wasn't technically offside when Kasper moved.

I think ultimately the fact the linesman gave it as offside meant VAR didn't see enough to overrule, but if it hadn't been given offside I doubt VAR would have ruled out the goal. 

I'm sorry but it doesn't even require this level of explanation. 

They're attacking players in the six yard box from a corner, that's already interfering with play enough. 

The rule was brought in for those situations where some player miles offside is running back with his arms up when a through ball goes through or is, say, down tying his shoe laces while a move is unfolded. 

It was never for and should never have been used for these ridiculous cases where attacking players are stood right in front of goalkeepers and we're ummming and aaaahhing over whether that's involvement. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Copy and paste quote from the Man City mob

Arteta is quickly becoming the most dislikable moaning bitch in Premier League management. 

Takes after his dad Pep Guardiola. Absolutely can't take a loss gracefully.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but it doesn't even require this level of explanation. 

They're attacking players in the six yard box from a corner, that's already interfering with play enough. 

The rule was brought in for those situations where some player miles offside is running back with his arms up when a through ball goes through or is, say, down tying his shoe laces while a move is unfolded. 

It was never for and should never have been used for these ridiculous cases where attacking players are stood right in front of goalkeepers and we're ummming and aaaahhing over whether that's involvement. 

This is all true but it has been used in these cases more often than not. In my opinion the rule was used correctly last night but we were lucky in that they usually decide that unless a player physically impacts play (by more than just being in the way) it isn't offside. In my opinion even if a player is miles away, if the defence has set up such that that player is marked and therefore is at a disadvantage in dealing with the non-offside threat, it should be offside. It's good to see the rule being used properly imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Arteta is quickly becoming the most dislikable moaning bitch in Premier League management. 

The fact he saw we were going to do it but still lost, and didn’t do anything about it, tells me he didn’t manage that game well at all. Teams have done the same against us as well, but Rodgers doesn’t moan. He knows he needs to do better against those sitting back. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Guest Markyblue
33 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Yea hes one of the 3 moanateers with his dad pep and uncle jurgen.

1 hour ago, Hales said:

Full highlights on sky sports premier league shortly 12.00-1.45 for anyone that couldn't watch and had to listen the old fashioned way on the radio like me! 😁

That is a fantastic watch when you know the result. Live I hated the 1st half, but when you know that the plan worked it's an absolute masterclass.

• Haha 1