Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

37 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No chance VAR could over rule the decision because it wasn’t a clear and obvious Mistake... anyway that is what we were told last season with numerous things that went against us lol 

sorry but offside isn't a clear and obvious error scenario. he is either on or he's off.  but you highlight a problem here because interference can clearly be subjective.  fwiw, i wonder if because he is in an offside position the whole time and clearly attempting to gain an advantage by occupying kasper's space, he cannot claim to not be interfering when he has to avoid the path of the ball on its way to the goal.  i assume dermot will give us an explanation on sky ref watch where he always agrees with the officials  !

EDIT: just read Dermot's opinion and he claims not to be an expert on offsides so cant help explain ….

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

sorry but offside isn't a clear and obvious error scenario. he is either on or he's off.  but you highlight a problem here because interference can clearly be subjective.  fwiw, i wonder if because he is in an offside position the whole time and clearly attempting to gain an advantage by occupying kasper's space, he cannot claim to not be interfering when he has to avoid the path of the ball on its way to the goal.  i assume dermot will give us an explanation on sky ref watch where he always agrees with the officials  !

Surely if he’s having to ‘get out of the way’ of the ball, he’s making it unplayable for the opposition regardless of whether there’s one of our players near it or not? 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

True but even with what it IS you can't just stand in front of a goalkeeper, literally in the path of the ball (he had to jump over it ffs) and claim you're not interfering with play.

They have every right to be there because it's a corner. If Lacazette hadn't headed it and Aubamayeng had scored at the far post he's not offside and neither is Xhaka.

I'm ecstatic it was ruled out, but could understand if it was given. If Schmeichel had dived into Xhaka trying to get the ball, then clear offside, but Xhaka didn't seem to impede him at that point, mainly because Kasper had moved to get round him. That's his choice because Xhaka is allowed to stand in front of the keeper at a corner. Don't get me wrong by being there and being offside then they were making it harder to get the ball, but I don't think Kasper would have saved it if they weren't there. I guess that is Arteta's argument.

Ultimately all I ask for is consistency and if that's offside last night it has to be offside every time. Even if it is written into the rules if you're offside in the 6 yard box you're offside full stop. You can't be in the 6 yard box and not interfering with play.

Edited by Captain...

11 hours ago, bss9401 said:

This has just made me ask myself for a moment how many goals Vardy might have scored if he'd been bought by R Madrid, Bayern, PSG or Barca and had been played as the main striker since 2014. How many goals would he have scored? 250 maybe?

...it really depends on the style of play, some teams will not suit they way Vardy likes to play and I suspect he picked up on that when he decided not to go to Arsenal!!!

52 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Quite incredible to see their fans giving up after 6 matches. I guess every club has 'em...

:):DlolYou're on a roll sir.

9 hours ago, Corky said:

They were both standing offside and it restricted what both Schmeichel and Justin could do. Xhaka was making contact with Schmeichel before the corner came in.

No surprise it upheld the original decision.

Kasper was possibly fouled by Bellerin before the header, KS had to move to get away from him, and was forced to a non-optimal position, where he had to try and make the save earlier rather than diving along the line and giving himself a bit more time.

Bellerin was influencing play, which is why he was standing there, imho.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

They have every right to be there because it's a corner. If Lacazette hadn't headed it and Aubamayeng had scored at the far post he's not offside and neither is Xhaka.

But Lacazette did head it, so at that point they no longer had the right to be there and expect to not get flagged.

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

I'm ecstatic it was ruled out, but could understand if it was given. If Schmeichel had dived into Xhaka trying to get the ball, then clear offside, but Xhaka didn't seem to impede him at that point, mainly because Kasper had moved to get round him. That's his choice because Xhaka is allowed to stand in front of the keeper at a corner. Don't get me wrong by being there and being offside then they were making it harder to get the ball, but I don't think Kasper would have saved it if they weren't there. I guess that is Arteta's argument.

Impeding isn’t just about physically causing a problem, it’s also distraction. He was inches from him, and physically between the ball and kasper at one point.  Let alone the fact their 14 is also there, and could have distracted Justin also.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

As soon as Pep made the comments about how well they played against us and how little we played, I just thought wow if that was our manager saying this I'd be so worried. Seems like Arteta has picked up all the same traits. 

..got to admit they were the better team in the first half!!!!

The loss of Luiz was a massive turning point as he was switching the ball out to Tierney who was causing havoc everytime he gained possession. Castagne had a tough game as he had Sakha and Tierney to deal with and if not for the poor Arsenal forwards we would have been buried in that first half.

The Barnes experiment did not work, no support and having to beat three or four to create an opening did not give us the outlet that we needed, this was not a tactical masterclass.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

Ultimately all I ask for is consistency and if that's offside last night it has to be offside every time. Even if it is written into the rules if you're offside in the 6 yard box you're offside full stop. You can't be in the 6 yard box and not interfering with play.

At most corners they sent 4 men up to ring Kaspar and deny him any movement (check the video) - that could be why so many of them were in, or close to, an offside position. That tactic is clear and cynical obstruction and should be penalised before the corner was taken.  So if you want to argue that it wasn't offside, and I think you're really stretching it to come to that conclusion, then the corner was almost certainly illicit anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

But Lacazette did head it, so at that point they no longer had the right to be there and expect to not get flagged

They no longer had the right to take an active part in the game, they didn't, they didn't move to the ball or move to block a player.

From the moment Lacazette headed the ball they did nothing to impact the game, remove them and I think that ball still goes in. Kasper gets nowhere near it.

6 hours ago, Captain... said:

Since 1973, the descisions went against us....I am so Bloody Happy that the goal was disallowed....

Mr History supports us..!!  Many years ago in the FA cup,I saw a Farrington goal disallowed for offside,when Farrington was Inside his own half...

I have had to put up with shit decisions,when we had the game etc,etc..!!

That said to be fair we also deserved some Arsenal hammerings,some sheer magic over that time...

but I am Leicester & showing respect to Arsenal just comes hard to do...

Last Night ..No Way was that a goal it was rightly disallowed....retribution is so niiiice.!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..got to admit they were the better team in the first half!!!!

The loss of Luiz was a massive turning point as he was switching the ball out to Tierney who was causing havoc everytime he gained possession. Castagne had a tough game as he had Sakha and Tierney to deal with and if not for the poor Arsenal forwards we would have been buried in that first half.

The Barnes experiment did not work, no support and having to beat three or four to create an opening did not give us the outlet that we needed, this was not a tactical masterclass.

I just mean both Managers seemed incapable of realising that their wonderful ideology on football has a right to be countered however teams like. Standing there and saying we play football and they dont, when they're massive clubs with huge superstars is plain arrogance. 

Agreed on it not being a masterclass. Rodgers loves the spotlight being on his decisions and hes got too many big calls wrong over the past year for me to be bowled over by hanging on in the first half and then bringing on Under and Vardy. The Bournemouth game last season (to name one) was a big example of him making unnecessary changes to inflate his ego.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain... said:

They no longer had the right to take an active part in the game, they didn't, they didn't move to the ball or move to block a player.

From the moment Lacazette headed the ball they did nothing to impact the game, remove them and I think that ball still goes in. Kasper gets nowhere near it.

Fortunately, that's not the rules. "a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball." Just being there is enough, he doesn't have to make a play for the ball. He is literally stood right next to Kasper and is between him and the ball. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Fortunately, that's not the rules. "a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball." Just being there is enough, he doesn't have to make a play for the ball. He is literally stood right next to Kasper and is between him and the ball. 

At the point the ball is headed, he is behind kasper and the fact that kasper never moaned was notable. He only becomes offside once lacazette heads the ball so I wonder if the argument is more about his affect on JJ being able to try and clear (and indeed auba who tries to play the ball aswell as it strikes the post) 

• Haha 1