Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

51 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Fortunately, that's not the rules. "a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball." Just being there is enough, he doesn't have to make a play for the ball. He is literally stood right next to Kasper and is between him and the ball. 

Not when the Lacazette heads the ball the side view he looks like he is on top of Schmeichel but from behind the goal he is nowhere near him.036a539e8a4ec740bf222c97fa435f09-1.thumb.jpg.e0ae0c314cad3f6fb6e0639342029251.jpg

At the point Lacazette heads the ball he is not near him nor in his eye line. From that position he isn't impacting Schmeichel's ability to get the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Not when the Lacazette heads the ball the side view he looks like he is on top of Schmeichel but from behind the goal he is nowhere near him.036a539e8a4ec740bf222c97fa435f09-1.thumb.jpg.e0ae0c314cad3f6fb6e0639342029251.jpg

At the point Lacazette heads the ball he is not near him nor in his eye line. From that position he isn't impacting Schmeichel's ability to get the ball.

Any reason it's stopped there and not at the point of the header, which is where they will start the decision making?

I'll also add, if 14 isn't in an offside position and Xhaka isn't in an offside position, Justin would have had a better chance of clearly the ball. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

....If number 34 does not make an effort to avoid the ball contacting him then the ball hits him in an offside position therefore he must be interfering with play!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Any reason it's stopped there and not at the point of the header, which is where they will start the decision making?

That's a split second after the header, Kasper couldn't have moved that far that quickly. There was plenty of footage shown in the post match analysis. 

We got away with 1, I'm not complaining. I don't know why everyone is being so defensive? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'll also add, if 14 isn't in an offside position and Xhaka isn't in an offside position, Justin would have had a better chance of clearly the ball. 

It's the best one I could find at short notice, but it's a fraction of a second from Lacazette's header to that screenshot.

Justin is not clearing the ball, without Aubamayeng being there he might have got closer, but he isn't stopping the goal.

Arsenal's argument is it should be a goal because, whilst they were in an offside position, if they were magically teleported off the pitch the second Lacazette headed the ball it still would have gone in.

My view is that the linesman gave it and VAR didn't see enough to overrule the linesman so it's a goal, but I completely get Arsenal's argument and if the linesman didn't give offside I wouldn't expect VAR to disallow the goal.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's a split second after the header, Kasper couldn't have moved that far that quickly. There was plenty of footage shown in the post match analysis. 

We got away with 1, I'm not complaining. I don't know why everyone is being so defensive? 

If that’d been us, I’d have had no problems with it being disallowed. There is no reason at all for a player (two in-fact) to be stood offside from there, other than to gain an advantage. They all knew they were offside. The corner was aimed towards Lacazette and it was a routine that needed a flick on to work. They were in there to cause issues for the keeper and the fact that Xhaka had to jump out of the way of the ball shows he’s impacting the ability for one of our players to play the ball. Whether there’s anyone there or not is irrelevant. 

This isn’t me saying this because we got the call. If this was us, I’d be annoyed... at our players not realising that nobody is on the posts and several of them still staying offside (should the ball be flicked on). They were absolutely redundant being in there for that corner other than to make Kasper second guess what was going to happen in the situation that unfolded. 

Also, the assistant ref is always going to give that, from the view he had. Similar to what was shown on TV, at that pace, you can’t tell how close the ball was to Xhaka or even whether it touched him. As well as where he was with respect to Kasper. Without VAR it wouldn’t have stood, and it probably wasn’t a ‘clear and obvious’ error. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

18 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It's the best one I could find at short notice, but it's a fraction of a second from Lacazette's header to that screenshot.

Justin is not clearing the ball, without Aubamayeng being there he might have got closer, but he isn't stopping the goal.

Arsenal's argument is it should be a goal because, whilst they were in an offside position, if they were magically teleported off the pitch the second Lacazette headed the ball it still would have gone in.

My view is that the linesman gave it and VAR didn't see enough to overrule the linesman so it's a goal, but I completely get Arsenal's argument and if the linesman didn't give offside I wouldn't expect VAR to disallow the goal.

And there you have it, offside / interfering with play then. You only need to impact the ability of someone to "challenge for the ball", if one of their presences impacted any of our players ability to challenge for the ball. Then it's rightly ruled out. Doesn't state anything about whether you'd stop the goal. "Might" is all they need to consider. 

I'd like to see the full clip of it behind the goal as I've not seen that, one screen shot shows nothing as it's probably done by an Arsenal Fan!

• Like 3

On 26/10/2020 at 16:11, foxes_rule1978 said:

Baffles me how anyone felt he isn’t interfering, he is clearly stopping any of are players from retrieving the ball. Not only that look at Aubameyang at the far post, he moves towards the ball too in an offside position. therefore active. 

Yeah. It was offside. You can’t hang around the goal, trying to block the keeper and in an offside position and then try to say you are not offside.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

It was Good to see our older generation,give solid Holding performances.....Evans, Fuchs,Schmeichel Albrighton Short Cameo ...

oh!!!   And not forgetting  ol'man Steptoe.!!

I also cant find enough word or shower more Praise on Mendy, my MoM, probably in all our Games this season...

Now hes clear of injury...What a  new-old find !!!

Like with my 4 kids, I Dont have any present team favourites.,I enjoy all of them,even in their cranky moments..

But at present Mendy is for me Stealing quietly,Softly the highlights,if not necessarily the headlines....One could say Linch-pin of the side...I

I dont believe there is one man in our whole squad, who cant and wont give us a high PL Standard Performance & his all.

The biggest Threat to us in fact all the teams, progress & development is how Covid will Effect society therefore sport..!!

The 😂 was for the steptoe comment at the beginning, but I love learning more about you and you are a better man than me! 

4 kids and no favourites? Are we allowed a least favourite? 😱

7 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

That is the job of the players standing in front of the goalie, to interfere with his line of sight. Normally their are defenders on the goal line keeping the opposition onside. In this case justice prevailed.

Exactly. There is a risk to everything. We took a risk too in deciding not to have any player standing on the goal line in hope of an offside decision like this or to force the opposition back - they didn’t stand back and it backfired on them.

Also, sometimes, it is best that decisions are made by the ref real time which is what the linesman - good on him. When things are slowed down to 1/10 of real time, everything looks a bit different.

Edited by Tom12345

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And there you have it, offside / interfering with play then. You only need to impact the ability of someone to "challenge for the ball", if one of their presences impacted any of our players ability to challenge for the ball. Then it's rightly ruled out. Doesn't state anything about whether you'd stop the goal. "Might" is all they need to consider. 

I'd like to see the full clip of it behind the goal as I've not seen that, one screen shot shows nothing as it's probably done by an Arsenal Fan!

They showed it on MOTD2 from behind the goal, Kasper has moved away from Xhaka and neither his view or movement is blocked. If Aubamayeng is blocking Justin it is minimal. Enough for VAR to not overrule the linesman, but I doubt it would be enough for VAR to disallow the goal of the link hadn't flagged.

I'm not saying it was the wrong decision, I'm just disagreeing with those that say Arteta has nothing to complain about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

It was never an offside, Xhaka doesn't affect Schmeichel at all, you're clutching at non-existent straws if you think he is. 

It's nothing to do with Xhaka.

As the ball is played Aubameyang is pushing Justin from an offside positon.

Justin is the only player with a realistic chance of clearing the ball. As Aubameyang is pushing him, he's impacting the play from an offside positon. He is therefore offside and the goal was rightly ruled out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Captain... said:

They showed it on MOTD2 from behind the goal, Kasper has moved away from Xhaka and neither his view or movement is blocked. If Aubamayeng is blocking Justin it is minimal. Enough for VAR to not overrule the linesman, but I doubt it would be enough for VAR to disallow the goal of the link hadn't flagged.

I'm not saying it was the wrong decision, I'm just disagreeing with those that say Arteta has nothing to complain about. 

If Kasper leaps to his left after the ball, Xhaka is in the way. 

Equally Xhaka jumping over it distracts Justin’s attempted clearance. 

MOTD2 preceded to explain the situation using still images when football is a sport played in motion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

It's not the point of impact though, this is the point of impact, ot a millisecond after, and you can quite clearly see the arsenal player still obstructing kasper. It was handball anyway.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It's nothing to do with Xhaka.

As the ball is played Aubameyang is pushing Justin from an offside positon.

Justin is the only player with a realistic chance of clearing the ball. As Aubameyang is pushing him, he's impacting the play from an offside positon. He is therefore offside and the goal was rightly ruled out.

Hahah, I just watched it back, simply not true. If he had affected Justin then Justin would have complained.

You have a track record of being incredibly biased and having no ability of looking at a situation objectively as well, so you're always gonna favour Leicester.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Hahah, I just watched it back, simply not true. If he had affected Justin then Justin would have complained.

You have a track record of being incredibly biased and having no ability of looking at a situation objectively as well, so you're always gonna favour Leicester.

You don't understand. It doesn't have to "affect" Justin. It doesn't have to be a shove.

He's got his arm on Justin, he's therefore involved in the play and as he's standing ahead of the ball and the last defender, he's offside.

If he doesn't want to be offside then don't stand there with your arm on defenders. 

It's perfectly simple.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

But look where Kasper is and look weher Xhaka is. Kasper is too far right to get to the ball BUT he HAD to move to the right in order to see the ball because Xhaka was on his toes so he DID interfere with play indirectly. 

Also, in that still you posted, Xhaka is impeding Kasper in diving for the ball and hes in an offside position. Again, interfering with play. 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You don't understand. It doesn't have to "affect" Justin. It doesn't have to be a shove.

He's got his arm on Justin, he's therefore involved in the play and as he's standing ahead of the ball and the last defender, he's offside.

If he doesn't want to be offside then don't stand there with your arm on defenders. 

It's perfectly simple.

I'm sure if it was the other way round you would have been totally happy with it being disallowed lol

You won't convince me that it shouldn't have been given. I dno how you are involved in play when you're behind a player. Whether or not Auba is there, I dont think he affects Justin's decision making or his actions in the slightest. Just as Xhaka doesn't influence Schmeichel. 

I suppose this is the issue with rules that can be interpreted. 

Were looking at the same thing and have totally different opinions.