Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

True legends of the club.

5 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

When you mention Kante, he is exactly the kind of player i would never want to be legend status. Yes he was part of the premier winning squad, as was Danny Drinkwater and Ryhad Mahrez. All 3 used the club as a stepping stone to further careers. Mahrez will tell the world he wasted 2 or 3yrs at leicester after we won the title. Drinkwater, in my eyes feigning injury to seal a move to chelsea, then posts on twitter his comment and video of him running round the pitch at chelsea. Finall. Kante. We had barely lifted the trophy and he wanted out was planning a move weeks after. Judge that with vardy who decided to pledge in the end, his career with leicester. So for me. Not every player deservers legendary at leicester from the premiership winning team

Time forgets these things though.

Shilton was exactly the same, maybe even worse given he didn't leave us for a bigger/more ambitious club. He left in a sideways move to Stoke for the money and was booed by Leicester fans for years afterwards every time he played us.

No one remembers that now and people just remember him as the great player he was for us.

No one will care about what Mahrez did when he left when they're telling their grandkids about them in 40 years time.

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Shilton was exactly the same, maybe even worse given he didn't leave us for a bigger/more ambitious club. He left in a sideways move to Stoke for the money and was booed by Leicester fans for years afterwards.

No one remembers that now and people just remember him as the great player he was for us.

I cant help bit agree. Maybe kante is the worst for me. A legend after just one season. Nooo. Same with cambiasso. We begged him to stay. Though tbf he def was taking a big downward step in his career joining us.

4 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

I cant help bit agree. Maybe kante is the worst for me. A legend after just one season. Nooo. Same with cambiasso. We begged him to stay. Though tbf he def was taking a big downward step in his career joining us.

Cambiasso was knackered. He said himself that he was never going to be fit enough for another Premier League season. He knew that his time was up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Shilton was exactly the same, maybe even worse given he didn't leave us for a bigger/more ambitious club. He left in a sideways move to Stoke for the money and was booed by Leicester fans for years afterwards every time he played us.

No one will care about what Mahrez did when he left when they're telling their grandkids about them in 40 years time.

Minority of Cretins did Boo him ( like a few now)..gar from all. Plus G.Banks "Moved sideways" to Stoke,

After Gillies had to tell him,the board had decided Shilton was the future...

Even back then, intrigues,conspiracies, know-alls & shit-stirrers were the Flavour around Filbert Street.

Clubs then had a different Standing , there were no Superstars in British Football,but Stoke were being recognized has One of the clubs,who were then gathering for something big....

Unlike Forest, Derby despite  their aspirations ,Stoke like Leicester couldnt at the time realise their fans dreams...This was just before our dreaded period,

of the 1969 relegation..!! Leicester had started to Fall off the Rang,where Stokes Star >seemed< to be  rising...& they actually had some Good seasons & decent

Players...

Legends of the club are few and far between. The players i would call legends (from my time watching) would be:

Lineker 

Walsh
Wright

Izzet

Morgan

Kasper

Vardy

sone big mentions for Wallington, Fuchs, Heskey, Albrighton, Huth who are players I have enormous respect for too.

i know that Worrhington, Birch, Weller and ‘The Doug’ were all big fan favourites before my time.

• Like 1