Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Old Kits

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Random thought…. But in the 99/00 season, did we have two different kit manufacturers? 

I recall the home kit being FL and the away being Le couq sportif or whatever it was? 

Weren’t they both FL? Blue with white collar home and white with blue collar away? 

The season after was Le Coq Sportif and to be fair the home kit looked very similar, with the dark yellow away and the white and blue collar 3rd kit (could have been the other way around) - that season we had two sponsors on the different shirts, Walkers and LG. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Weren’t they both FL? Blue with white collar home and white with blue collar away? 

The season after was Le Coq Sportif and to be fair the home kit looked very similar, with the dark yellow away and the white and blue collar 3rd kit (could have been the other way around) - that season we had two sponsors on the different shirts, Walkers and LG. 

Hmmm, for some reason I remember the blue walkers disk home shirt, and the yellow away shirt with the blue trim, with the walkers disk and I seem to recall that was the LQS shirt? Could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hmmm, for some reason I remember the blue walkers disk home shirt, and the yellow away shirt with the blue trim, with the walkers disk and I seem to recall that was the LQS shirt? Could be wrong.

Our home shirt, in design, didn’t really change for about 3 seasons apart from sponsor and make - easily all merge in to the same memory I agree, hard to differentiate. 

here we go this is what we’re after: https://www.footballkitarchive.com/leicester-city-1999-00-kits/ 

Edited by Manini

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Random thought…. But in the 99/00 season, did we have two different kit manufacturers? 

I recall the home kit being FL and the away being Le couq sportif or whatever it was? 

Sure you're correct. It was the third shirt that spanned the 99-00 & 00-01 seasons. We didn't go full Le Coq until the beginning of 00-01.

It was that awful yellow kit. I've just taken a photo of mine bit it's too large to upload. Probably for the best tbh! 

1 minute ago, ianormondroyd said:

Sure you're correct. It was the third shirt that spanned the 99-00 & 00-01 seasons. We didn't go full Le Coq until the beginning of 00-01.

It was that awful yellow kit. I've just taken a photo of mine bit it's too large to upload. Probably for the best tbh! 

This is the fella

Screenshot_20211013_145302_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My collection has gone a bit mad in recent weeks. My spreadsheet tells me I only need 13 outfield shirts since when I was born in 86, if anyone has any and is selling at a reasonable price please give me a shout. 

Doesn’t have to be specifically these by the way, I have some in XL that I would like in medium.

2E5A746F-BF4D-426E-BC59-83474959B816.jpeg

Edited by Costock_Fox

On 13/10/2021 at 13:00, Pliskin said:

Only just seen this. Same shirt with different manufacturers as above. Complete fraud.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ianormondroyd said:

Of anybody is still after a Cup Final Shirt. I've just bought one on ebay. Should be legit (he says he bought from JD Sports) think there are 5 left at £25. 

Screenshot_20211210_183426_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Post a pic or send me a PM mate as that seems very cheap to me. 

edit, I’ve just seen the listing and it looks very suspicious without an actual picture of the shirt you are buying.

Edited by Costock_Fox

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Post a pic or send me a PM mate as that seems very cheap to me. 

edit, I’ve just seen the listing and it looks very suspicious without an actual picture of the shirt you are buying.

Yeah, I've taken a punt really. Does look a bit sus but thought I'd give it a go. I'll post on here whether it's genuine or not. 

5 minutes ago, ianormondroyd said:

Yeah, I've taken a punt really. Does look a bit sus but thought I'd give it a go. I'll post on here whether it's genuine or not. 

The good news is that if it is fake then he has to make all the effort if he wants it posting back so probably worth a punt.

On 14/11/2021 at 22:29, Costock_Fox said:

My collection has gone a bit mad in recent weeks. My spreadsheet tells me I only need 13 outfield shirts since when I was born in 86, if anyone has any and is selling at a reasonable price please give me a shout. 

Doesn’t have to be specifically these by the way, I have some in XL that I would like in medium.

2E5A746F-BF4D-426E-BC59-83474959B816.jpeg

I still need most of these if anyone has any?