Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Old Kits

23 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone know how much the 15/16 home and 16/17 home with champions league badges sell for? Had a friend kindly let me take dibs on old shirts I didn’t have in return for agreeing to sell his other old ones.

I've the 2015/16 home shirt with tags still in. I bought this the year after when they made a load more of them. I assume there's nothing different in material and making of the shirt.

I'm not selling it though, but just in answer to another poster about there not being many made that season, there was a lot more produced for people to purchase a year later. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've the 2015/16 home shirt with tags still in. I bought this the year after when they made a load more of them. I assume there's nothing different in material and making of the shirt.

I'm not selling it though, but just in answer to another poster about there not being many made that season, there was a lot more produced for people to purchase a year later. 

I’ve seen them on classic football shirts and aren’t convinced the home ones are that expensive but for most of us the sentimental value is much more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve seen them on classic football shirts and aren’t convinced the home ones are that expensive but for most of us the sentimental value is much more.

Yeah, it's a must in the collection. A pretty ordinary shirt but will never ever be forgotten about what success it saw. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This must be the most expensive LCFC shirt available?  And yet it looks less like a City shirt than any I’ve ever seen.

A prototype, never worn, with a sponsor that never signed on.  It appears price must have even more to do with rarity than with good memories?

WebsterShirt.JPG.af899ff452263c74a45e57e1c134ca6a.JPG

https://store.footballshirtcollective.com/collections/premier-league-football-shirts-1/products/1988-90-leicester-city-3-vintage-jan-webster-prototype-away-football-shirt-l

7 minutes ago, KingsX said:

This must be the most expensive LCFC shirt available?  And yet it looks less like a City shirt than any I’ve ever seen.

A prototype, never worn, with a sponsor that never signed on.  It appears price must have even more to do with rarity than with good memories?

https://store.footballshirtcollective.com/collections/premier-league-football-shirts-1/products/1988-90-leicester-city-3-vintage-jan-webster-prototype-away-football-shirt-l

That was on eBay for ages (going for as little as £60 at one point!) Had it not been red, I might have been tempted!

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Cult Kits are a rip off. That’s never ever going to go for that price. The era of Pleat etc, the kits are largely naff and there’s no demand for them

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Cult Kits are a rip off. That’s never ever going to go for that price. The era of Pleat etc, the kits are largely naff and there’s no demand for them

I'd also say there's no great "story" to this, as far as I'm aware. There's not a feature in a programme looking at old kits, there's not a page in Fossils and Foxes about this kit. It's not a legendary "nearly" kit that never happened.

Outside of the description on the website, there's no story, mystique or intrigue. It's just a prototype that doesn't mean much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm after the pink away shirt in large or XL if anyone spots one around/have one for sale.

Isn’t there one on eBay? Pretty sure I saw the bloke grab this from the club concourse sale the other week. The club must have had a couple locked away that they forgot about.

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Isn’t there one on eBay? Pretty sure I saw the bloke grab this from the club concourse sale the other week. The club must have had a couple locked away that they forgot about.

Only one I can find for sale is size small or stupid money.