Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Old Kits

The only pic I could find but anyone remember this away kit ? Was worn against Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn in the 96/97 season. Obviously it was the away kit from the 94/96 seasons but just had the sponsor changed. Does anyone know why they didn’t just use the jade and navy 3rd kit instead seeing as it only been used one season when normally kits had 2 year cycles. It wasn’t on sale either in the club shop at the time. However I’m pretty sure at Blackburn away the players threw their shirts in the crowd seeing as it was the last game of the season and I’m just wondering if anyone managed to get one.

A23D8067-BF6C-4847-A187-6AC740570310.jpeg

• Like 3

On 31/08/2021 at 23:16, CityArt said:

***NO LONGER AVAILABLE***

Found some of my old shirts from when I was a kid (Size: 7-8 years). Drop me a message if you’d like either. 

Don’t want any money for them, just cover the postage. 

8659726B-B3F6-4B46-A15F-14F0281228E9.jpeg

If you find any more age 7 to 8 shirts let me know. My youngest son has no interest in modern kits, just wants to wear old ones!

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

The only pic I could find but anyone remember this away kit ? Was worn against Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn in the 96/97 season. Obviously it was the away kit from the 94/96 seasons but just had the sponsor changed. Does anyone know why they didn’t just use the jade and navy 3rd kit instead seeing as it only been used one season when normally kits had 2 year cycles. It wasn’t on sale either in the club shop at the time. However I’m pretty sure at Blackburn away the players threw their shirts in the crowd seeing as it was the last game of the season and I’m just wondering if anyone managed to get one.

A23D8067-BF6C-4847-A187-6AC740570310.jpeg

That shirt was on sale mate I’ve got 2, one was my shirt as a kid signed by the squad.

I tell a lie, it’s the old sponsor.

Edited by Costock_Fox

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Another one I’m pretty sure never went on sale and was only used during the 94/95 season. As a kid I had the purple and green kits but this one never was in the club shop I think. Must not be a lot of them knocking around nowadays. 

299FF1D8-2B99-4D82-809A-AD1ECE1F421B.jpeg

Never on sale, really? I’ve messaged someone about this today but was trying to barter over £10.

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Hmmm can see why they’ve asked so much. Never seen one up for sale. Definitely was used during the 94/95 season but by 95/96 I swear Poole/kalac never wore it again. Still wonder why the jade and navy kit only had a one year cycle because back then kits where for 2 seasons. 

Yeah, it’s a fair price for that I think. Someone offered me the Green one today as well lol £75. I draw the line at keeper shirts but these are the keeper kits i remember Kevin Pool, Russell Hoult in etc.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Another one I’m pretty sure never went on sale and was only used during the 94/95 season. As a kid I had the purple and green kits but this one never was in the club shop I think. Must not be a lot of them knocking around nowadays. 

299FF1D8-2B99-4D82-809A-AD1ECE1F421B.jpeg

Flashback to Kevin Poole wearing that 

23 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, it’s a fair price for that I think. Someone offered me the Green one today as well lol £75. I draw the line at keeper shirts but these are the keeper kits i remember Kevin Pool, Russell Hoult in etc.

I had the purple one when I was mascot, very thick and itchy if I remember rightly.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2021 at 20:34, Pliskin said:

I want this tinker. Love this kit for sentimental reasons! 

A7827E60-08B3-4828-820A-129F23AE4AB7.png

I've got this one...my girlfriend at the time (now wife) secretly nicked it and got it sent off to be signed...trouble is I'd had it a couple of years before she sent it off, so the shirt and the squad don't really match! lol

Kit.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Milo said:

I've got this one...my girlfriend at the time (now wife) secretly nicked it and got it sent off to be signed...trouble is I'd had it a couple of years before she sent it off, so the shirt and the squad don't really match! lol

Kit.jpg

This is a dream…..

If anyone has one of these knocking around I’d take it off their hands! 

Edited by Pliskin

11 hours ago, Bob Farley said:

This was the first kit I had when I was younger. Absolute beauty.

I’ve spoken to the teams that work on these retro shirts. Apparently they’re working their way through the seasons, so fingers crossed we might see this little beauty rear it’s head again! 

• Like 2