Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Old Kits

• 2 months later...

Was in the shop yesterday and saw a 90-92 bukta red third shirt hanging in the staff only area.  Guessing this will be the next retro release along with the 2002-03 (not sure it's retro yet) shirt. 

Be worth keeping a look out as I'd imagine it'll be a quick seller. Save one for me though! 

11 minutes ago, ianormondroyd said:

Was in the shop yesterday and saw a 90-92 bukta red third shirt hanging in the staff only area.  Guessing this will be the next retro release along with the 2002-03 (not sure it's retro yet) shirt. 

Be worth keeping a look out as I'd imagine it'll be a quick seller. Save one for me though! 

But conflicted there for me, it’s an absolute banger of a shirt but I really want the real deal as rare as it is 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

But conflicted there for me, it’s an absolute banger of a shirt but I really want the real deal as rare as it is 

Absolutely agree. However, I'll buy this one in lieu of eventually finding the real deal one day. 

The home remake is actually really accurate aswell, the embroidery also makes it 'player spec' which is a nice little bonus 

13 hours ago, ianormondroyd said:

Would be astounded if that's the case.

How many times did we wear it?

It surely won't be on sale just on the basis Rooster scored a goal when we beat Blackburn away?

22 hours ago, Rain King said:

We wore it Brighton away too.

On a side note, how bizarre and frankly disgusting are Brighton's striped shorts.

Screenshot_20221202_222131.jpg

Thought these must have been photoshopped in, but yep, they are there in http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion.htm - "This was the season that they adopted striped shorts to complement their striped shirts, a kit that was universally derided." And they had them for 2 whole seasons. 

I'd thought it was only Newport County who had gone down the striped shorts route:

image.png.96760660cbb267d55dbea7910bb321da.png

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newport_County/Newport_County.htm.

"In February 1972, the club adopted striped shorts. After mass ridicule from their own fans, the players refused to wear these items and plain black shorts were restored after only two games."

I always thought the Newport story had put an end to striped shorts forever, but no accounting for a queer sense of fashion in Brighton!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
28 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The LG / Le Coq Sportif one?

It’s never been available in the retro range IIRC.

Yeah I'm sure they announced a few months ago it was being released? Yeah they did a 2000s throwback q and a to celebrate the launch can't actually remember the shirt going on sale in club shop?

Edited by sharpylcfc

13 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Nope I haven't seen it either. I think they've done up to 2000.

Remember they announced it late last year with a q and a but heard nothing since? Wonder if it was just exclusive to that event?

On 02/12/2022 at 22:20, Rain King said:

We wore it Brighton away too.

On a side note, how bizarre and frankly disgusting are Brighton's striped shorts.

Screenshot_20221202_222131.jpg

Wore it at WBA, was there that day, lost in the last minute.  Think we also wore it at Bristol Rovers and Millwall in the FA Cup that same season 90/91.

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Wore it at WBA, was there that day, lost in the last minute.  Think we also wore it at Bristol Rovers and Millwall in the FA Cup that same season 90/91.

This the red Bukta? Desperate for this still!

54 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

This the red Bukta? Desperate for this still!

Honestly cannot remember, but do remember a few red shirt appearances that season, Albion game was near the end of season 90/91 when we had to beat Oxford last day.. I think it was at Bristol Rovers, so far back David Oldfield scored that day. And I think Millwall too. 

Edited by SK3Blue

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

Honestly cannot remember, but do remember a few red shirt appearances that season, Albion game was near the end of season 90/91 when we had to beat Oxford last day.. I think it was at Bristol Rovers, so far back David Oldfield scored that day. And I think Millwall too. 

If it was 90/91 I think it’s Scoreline, I’ve got that one.