Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Hide Wesley Fofana

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You joke, but maybe we're not the stepping stone we were a couple of years ago. 

We're a team in transition, and have been for the last 4 or 5 years. A stage of that transition is near completion. I'm not for one second suggesting that we are near the "elite" but we are starting to mix it up with the big boys. We've become a team that young players look at and they can further their career with us but rather than make a name for themselves and move on they may start to look at us at being part of the project rather than a stepping stone. Keep on going the way we are and more and more youngster's may be keen to join and be part of something special by sticking around 

Yes I think you're right. We're clearly not Manchester, Liverpool or London but, if our Premiership win threw a small pebble in the pond, then our current league position and European results thus far, with a very stretched squad missing some of our best players is the equivalent of a fat kid throwing a large brick into the water!

A back 5 of Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu and Castagne is the stuff of dreams and could rival anyone in the Premiership for me. Then what a dilemma to now have to choose from Mendy or Ndidi! There's suddenly some real competition for places and with the exception of the spectre of Vardy getting an injury, the future looks incredibly exciting! A look at this squads potential and a real time viewing of a completed state of the art training ground would be extremely tempting for any ambitious young player. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 09/11/2020 at 12:05, volpeazzurro said:

Yes I think you're right. We're clearly not Manchester, Liverpool or London but, if our Premiership win threw a small pebble in the pond, then our current league position and European results thus far, with a very stretched squad missing some of our best players is the equivalent of a fat kid throwing a large brick into the water!

A back 5 of Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu and Castagne is the stuff of dreams and could rival anyone in the Premiership for me. Then what a dilemma to now have to choose from Mendy or Ndidi! There's suddenly some real competition for places and with the exception of the spectre of Vardy getting an injury, the future looks incredibly exciting! A look at this squads potential and a real time viewing of a completed state of the art training ground would be extremely tempting for any ambitious young player. 

And then we have JJ to come back... 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Must be so hard to concentrate when you’ve not eaten a bean since sunrise then got to go out and play 90 minutes. 

Sod the food, honestly don’t understand how it’s possible to play football having not drank anything all day. I cramp up just walking at pace in a morning if I’m not sufficiently hydrated. 

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Sod the food, honestly don’t understand how it’s possible to play football having not drank anything all day. I cramp up just walking at pace in a morning if I’m not sufficiently hydrated. 

He definitely drank something as I’m sure I saw him necking a lucozade

15 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

He definitely drank something as I’m sure I saw him necking a lucozade

Yeah that was after sunset, it was about the half hour mark and sunset was 20:23. Given that they restarted with Milvojevic still off the pitch changing his boots, I half thought they paused the game to let him do that.

Just now, Kopfkino said:

Yeah that was after sunset, it was about the half hour mark and sunset was 20:23. Given that they restarted with Milvojevic still off the pitch changing his boots, I half thought they paused the game to let him do that.

Judging by his latest Instagram post they did pause to let him break his fast