Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Hide Wesley Fofana

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sure.  I rated Ricardo from the get go at man Utd away. Not to the level of Fofana or Kante, admittedly. But i was sure we had a good un. Sadly the annual Bournemouth debacle convinced many fans that Ricardo was off the pace, rather than the bad day at the office. 

Before you think I'm crowing and a smart arse, I got Soyuncu totally wrong. I thought he was going to be a disaster. 

Sure, but I was questioning whether he looked 'too good for us' in his first few games, not whether he looked like a good un. I like to think there's a gap between those two!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Analysethis said:

BTW, I was "shocked" when we persuaded Tielemans to sign, Riccardo, Evans and Castagne but they all came amidst crazy potential interest from mega clubs. We also kept some of the aforementioned along with Maddison, Vardy and Barnes in recent times despite expected interested,

I'm completely happy in this "sell a mega player", buy 4 every season thanks!!!

Right now our problem is going to be paying these guys -- we have probably 12 players that need to be on 100k+ a week, but I think only 3 are making that now. 

"Sell one buy four" doesn't help the wage issue -- if we make top 4 this year, CL money will help (as well as losing a few high-earning players not featuring.) 

But a good problem to have...

• Like 1

Got to love that Arsenal fans are getting very worked up and upset about Wesley getting all the plaudits playing for us as he is, whilst they reckon William Saliba is far superior to him but can't get into their team.

Now I don't know much about Saliba being honest but if he is better than Wesley to the degree they reckon, he must be Maldini, Beckenbauer, Zidane and Bobby Moore rolled into one and worth £100M minimum.

I'm more than happy we've got little Wes. 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hojbjerg is just the white Sissoko. Runs around a lot and that's about it. Poundshop Dennis Praet. 

He really burst onto the scene at Bayern and I thought he would develop into a great box to box midfielder. 

I think he's one of those "coach's players" where it's difficult to untrained eye to understand what the fuss is about. 

I guess it says a lot that he's played so many minutes under Mourinho already and he's part of a team that is ticking over nicely, but he rarely stands out as anything special, I'd have to agree.

But Wes Fofana, wow... brilliant start he's made. Long may it continue! I almost feel sorry for whoever is going to be left out once Soyuncu is back. 
Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu as a back three is almost cheating!

43 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Absolute Monster of a Player! Youth with the decision making of Maldini.

This guy will break the Maguire record.......Although he aint for sale 

I think we could get over £100m for him this time. ;) can see us pulling Chelsea's pants down again.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hejammy said:

If he carries on like this I can't see him staying with us for more than 1 season. We are more than likely just a stepping stone 

Why would a 20 year old leave LCFC,  the EPL and Europa champions who are looking to dominate the Champions League in 2022? :)

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Why would a 20 year old leave LCFC,  the EPL and Europa champions who are looking to dominate the Champions League in 2022? :)

You joke, but maybe we're not the stepping stone we were a couple of years ago. 

We're a team in transition, and have been for the last 4 or 5 years. A stage of that transition is near completion. I'm not for one second suggesting that we are near the "elite" but we are starting to mix it up with the big boys. We've become a team that young players look at and they can further their career with us but rather than make a name for themselves and move on they may start to look at us at being part of the project rather than a stepping stone. Keep on going the way we are and more and more youngster's may be keen to join and be part of something special by sticking around 

• Like 3