Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Hide Wesley Fofana

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I remember watching Ricardos first half a dozen games and thinking “bloody hell, he’s far too good for us and is destined for bigger things”.

Having exactly the same thoughts about this kid.

Really? I seem to remember him

not being all that impressive for his first few months

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Why is it sad?

I believe Ricardo and (potentially) Fofana are good enough to play for an elite European club like Barca, Bayern or Madrid. What’s disappointing about that?

One or both could end up at one of those clubs at some stage in their careers. However, Ricardo and Little Wes are good enough to play for us. Neither are too good to play for us. 

Just now, Spudulike said:

One or both could end up at one of those clubs at some stage in their careers. However, Ricardo and Little Wes are good enough to play for us. Neither are too good to play for us. 

I remember Luton fans said JJ was too good to play for them before he joined us. It’s hardly a new phenomenon. All players have levels and some stand out like a sore thumb when they’re clearly capable of playing at a higher level.

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

If he carries on like this I can't see him staying with us for more than 1 season. We are more than likely just a stepping stone 

I had this very conversation with someone else. I think little Wes has a decent head on his shoulders – demonstrated by the fact that his "dream" is to return and play for Marseille, his home town, one day.

Slightly hopeful thinking perhaps, but if we offer European football each season, and a chance of winning something – and he doesn't get a new agent who's a **** – I see us holding onto him for a few seasons yet. 

He's so young and has lots to learn. That in mind, I hope our fans won't lose their s••t when he will make the inevitable mistake or few (and they will come, due to the combination of his confidence and inexperience) during this season. 

He's some player and destined for great things, but I'm quietly confident that he will gel with the team spirit we have and stay for a bit....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knitro said:

Am I the only one who thinks their salad days are behind them? Messi isn't getting any younger and once he departs I think they fall off significantly in prestige and results. 

I get that we cannot stop the stupid money that can be raised for deals like these, but I imagine we will continue to use it to our advantage. 

Finally - I understand its hard not to see Leicester as this little East Midlands club, but we are sitting here first in the PL and probably a top 20 team in the world; we're not the West Turdshire Rovers trying to hang onto our one competent player. We have a lot to offer and a lot of leverage.

Hide Leicester City!

Butchers Hide Skin & Fat Company

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I remember watching Ricardos first half a dozen games and thinking “bloody hell, he’s far too good for us and is destined for bigger things”.

Having exactly the same thoughts about this kid.

Are you absolutely sure about this? My recollection is the 'ooh, he's world class' stuff came at least a dozen games in. Defo remember him looking a bit ropey in his first few. 

I'm positive he didn't make the impact in his first few games Fofana has

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Are you absolutely sure about this? My recollection is the 'ooh, he's world class' stuff came at least a dozen games in. Defo remember him looking a bit ropey in his first few. 

No, I'm not absolutely sure about this. You may be right that it was a few more games until he showed his class.

As I said a few posts ago, I can't remember what I had for breakfast so I'm not your most reliable source :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TeaMen Tom said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen a 'ManU keen on 19 Year Old Leicester phenom' story yet. 

Just a matter of days I'm sure.

They've started talking about "looking at him" on Redcafe already.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

You might have heard of these "rumours" of Leicester City signing a phenomenal centre back who at just 19 years old is taking the Premier League by storm.

I am here to categorically shut down this rumour. It's simply not true. Wesley Fofana is in fact a Rugby player who plays for ASM Clermont Auvergne in France.

image.png.871fbc2c46d90f705786942be524f698.png

Besides even if we did have a player by that name, you wouldn't be able to find him.

HideFofana.PNG.ebd3bf77d15b00de8b3bece13671a702.PNG

And he most certainly would not be making tackles like this:

giphy.gif

FAKE NEWS! So please move on and disregard any rumours you might have heard. Leicester City do have a Wesley, but it's Wesley Morgan you are thinking of, captain of the 5000-1 underdgos that won the Premier League in 2015/16.

Leicester City party in style as Wes Morgan lifts English Premier League  trophy | South China Morning Post

Absolutely class 👏🏼👏🏼

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I remember Luton fans said JJ was too good to play for them before he joined us. It’s hardly a new phenomenon. All players have levels and some stand out like a sore thumb when they’re clearly capable of playing at a higher level.

We're top of the Prem, bro.

There is no higher level.

• Like 3

Fofana could have gone to umpteen clubs if they had the balls to take the chance. We did and we paid plenty. As a Leicester fan, I am comfortable in knowing that if one of the so called big clubs came calling, they would need to beat the Maguire fee to get him. For me, Fofana looks like the best central defender I have seen in his age group in my life. He just seems to have everything and will only improve.

BTW, I was "shocked" when we persuaded Tielemans to sign, Riccardo, Evans and Castagne but they all came amidst crazy potential interest from mega clubs. We also kept some of the aforementioned along with Maddison, Vardy and Barnes in recent times despite expected interested,

I'm completely happy in this "sell a mega player", buy 4 every season thanks!!!

• Like 1

Sorry..but let  the club & he strutt his stuff...Speak to him and his agents ,get him to developed with us..in 4 years he will only be 23,

Maybe/hopefully  a holder of a couple of trophies,surely bigger wages..& Priceless reputation.

Leading the best  ever PL Bline....Ricardo/Justin...Fofana..Soyu....Castagne/Thomas

36 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I'm sure.  I rated Ricardo from the get go at man Utd away. Not to the level of Fofana or Kante, admittedly. But i was sure we had a good un. Sadly the annual Bournemouth debacle convinced many fans that Ricardo was off the pace, rather than the bad day at the office. 

Before you think I'm crowing and a smart arse, I got Soyuncu totally wrong. I thought he was going to be a disaster. 

28 minutes ago, Buce said:

We're top of the Prem, bro.

There is no higher level.

It's 8 games mate.

If we're still top by May and then a regular CL team for the next 5-10years, I'll agree we're a top level club.

Until then, we've a way to go until we can class ourselves in the same bracket as Europe's elite.