Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2023 at 20:12, ithuriel said:

This is a pretty good channel and is currently doing the battles that make up the Battle for Leyte Gulf.

Agree that the channel has some cracking stuff.  I found the air war campaign of the 1st GUlf War particularly fascinating.

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Pretty much yes. Can’t stand them and they are getting worse and worse. Can’t go back to ads.

Agreed, I've usually had ad blocker on to stop them but now YouTube says it will stop the video player working unless I allow ads.

Personally i dont mind a couple of short ads before a video, it's the ones tha occur mid-video that are most annoying, and they're always in critical points in the video you're watching. might look at paying to get rid as well

• Like 1

Bob does Sports Is at all time levels currently. Not sure I’ve ever liked a bloke I don’t know in person as much as Bobby Fairways. 

Similarly, I’ve fallen down the black hole that is Barstool Sports and I really don’t know how to feel about it. Is it a reality show or is that an actual working office? Dave Portnoy might also be one of the most fascinating characters I’ve ever come across, it blows my mind…..but his pizza reviews are excellent and a lot of the time, very funny.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Manini said:

Bob does Sports Is at all time levels currently. Not sure I’ve ever liked a bloke I don’t know in person as much as Bobby Fairways. 

Similarly, I’ve fallen down the black hole that is Barstool Sports and I really don’t know how to feel about it. Is it a reality show or is that an actual working office? Dave Portnoy might also be one of the most fascinating characters I’ve ever come across, it blows my mind…..but his pizza reviews are excellent and a lot of the time, very funny.

I think it was you that introduced me to BDS and I'm eternally grateful. Bob, Joey, and Fat Perez are absolute legends and the chemistry they have between them is perfect.

And I too have gone down the Barstool sports black hole on the back of watching the Fore Play boys. Some interesting characters like PFT, Big Cat, Jersey Jerry, and Kirk Minihane are all very watchable I find.

Portnoy is an interesting one and obviously an astute businessman but I sense all his employees are shit scared of him. He's also got a shady history and not the sort of bloke I'd want to be associated with personally.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think it was you that introduced me to BDS and I'm eternally grateful. Bob, Joey, and Fat Perez are absolute legends and the chemistry they have between them is perfect.

And I too have gone down the Barstool sports black hole on the back of watching the Fore Play boys. Some interesting characters like PFT, Big Cat, Jersey Jerry, and Kirk Minihane are all very watchable I find.

Portnoy is an interesting one and obviously an astute businessman but I sense all his employees are shit scared of him. He's also got a shady history and not the sort of bloke I'd want to be associated with personally.

Just the best aren’t they, Bob is so talented with his timing and how he is on camera but it’s elevated by how naturally funny the other guys are as well, without even meaning to be sometimes. Fat Perez is box office. Just a group of pals playing golf, getting ****ed up and having a laugh, I wish them all the success in the world. 

Yeah all of those are very good bloggers/personalities. I love Jersey Jerry, he’s friends (away from internet stuff, but they probably met via the online stuff in fairness) with Bob from BDS too as it goes. Big Kat comes across really well too. I don’t know if you watched any of the Writer Cup but that was brilliant as well. Frankie reminds me so much of Jordan Speith (not golfing ability wise though!). Fore Play is a very good podcast. I guess the closest thing we’d have in this country to Barstool is LadBible but the difference is Portnoy has actually legitimised Barstool now to the point where it’s a “news” outlet in its own right and has actually sort of broken in to mainstream American media/professional sports. 

I think you’re totally right on Portnoy, something quite sinister about him but still, when he talks I can’t help but listen. Very astute bordering on genius really with what he’s been able to build. He’s clearly got his finger very much on the pulse of American bro/frat culture and he’s completely milking it dry for every dollar. Ruthless, but also has an interesting online persona about him to the point he’s turned himself in to his own character. It’s fascinating stuff honestly. 

• Like 1

The latest release continuing the battle of Samar, part of the Battle of Leyte Gulf.....

I always knew and had read stuff about this battle but I never knew about the Japanese destroyer saluting the sinking American destroyer as it sailed past.

Edited by ithuriel

• 2 weeks later...

A cruel angels thesis AMV for the 4 rebuild movies, also has Fly me to the moon at the end of the vid, just like the original series.

Only just realised a huge influence for Evangelion would have been Quatermass and the Pit :)

Edited by ithuriel